voyager9

Gun Restriction executive order

2 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

What restrictions does Gov Gopher have, within the legal limits of his powers as Governor, to drop on us??

Oh sweet sunshine... you think something like separation of powers will slow him down?  

To your point: if this EO is overretching then I’d expect legal action from our 2A groups 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

Maybe I missed it, but did they say anywhere what his EO is going to be?  Is he going to ban illegal guns, or put an end to drive-by shootings?

No, they didn't. I'm waiting with baited breath.

41 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

No, they didn't. I'm waiting with baited breath.

I searched to see if I could find a time for the announcement--nothing is posted.

However, he's signing the order at a middle school, so the announcement will come before the end of the school day--they'll be packing as many kids as possible into the background of the photo op.

Speaking of brain-dead executive orders, did anyone see this one from Hudson County last month?  The County Executive signed an EO severing ties with FedEx for any county shipping needs, all because FedEx sometimes ships guns and ammo.

Hudson County won't use Fedex because they sometimes ship guns and ammo

4 minutes ago, EX Carnival man said:

I pray for the day they over reach and the whole rotting structure come crashing down. 

That day was years ago. It's a slow-motion train wreck.

Which State Will Be the First to Suffer Fiscal Collapse?

https://fee.org/articles/which-state-will-be-the-first-to-suffer-fiscal-collapse/

migration_large.png

Could it be this?

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/S1000/548_I1.HTM

This bill would strengthen the State’s current assault weapons ban by revising the definition of an assault weapon to include:   rifles with detachable magazines and one military style feature; semi-automatic shotguns with one military style feature; and semi-automatic pistols with one military style feature.

2 minutes ago, jaybirdtke said:

Could it be this?

This bill would strengthen the State’s current assault weapons ban by revising the definition of an assault weapon to include:   rifles with detachable magazines and one military style feature; semi-automatic shotguns with one military style feature; and semi-automatic pistols with one military style feature.

If it is this, then we are screwed. It still blows my mind that this guy is governor. We went from having a republican governor to being one of the most far left states in the country... good old New Jersey.

30 minutes ago, Indianajonze said:

EOs can only enforce existing laws. He cannot create new ones. This is going to be quite the letdown for gun grabbers

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

We shall see. Daca anyone?

25 minutes ago, jaybirdtke said:

Could it be this?

cant make new

2 minutes ago, Persona non grata said:

So if we know that the guns being used in crime aren't being purchased in New Jersey, why exactly do we need more/stricter gun laws in this state? :blink:

Virtue signaling.

Plus Murphy thinks he actually has a chance to become President.

• Like 3

Lol this guy is hilarious. Calling press to an event just for this? Ok bub, publish away whatever statistics you'd like. What a fraud. Never thought I'd see the day when Steve Sweeney would have made a better leader than this clown #notmygovernor

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Persona non grata said:

So if we know that the guns being used in crime aren't being purchased in New Jersey, why exactly do we need more/stricter gun laws in this state? :blink:

He's following the liberal tenet of taking advantage of every tragedy to further his agenda.  Has nothing to do with the kid who got shot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Now we can see the data will overwhelmingly show it’s illegal guns.... lmao. The opposite impact he wants is going to occur... it’s not the law abiding, and it’s not AR’s.

I watched it live, but I don't remember hearing if they'll be calling out whether the guns were purchased legally or were stolen. I doubt that they'll publish THAT data. Even if they do though, they'll just turn it against us anyway. "You legal gun owners aren't responsible enough" or some nonsense like that. They'll find a way to use it against us...

What's funny is I was at EFGA yesterday and when I was done for the day I was shooting the shit with 2 guys also with me, one was a retired Newark PD, the other is currently active NYPD.......it seems to be that the actual people in this country who enforce freedom and laws that use guns are the only ones with common sense because we all know that gun control is bogus. The retired NPD and I mutually agreed with the FID we have in this state, everything else is arbitrary and redundant for no reason, the guy I was talking to from NYPD said the NY SAFE Act is bogus and does more harm to NYC than help. It puts police officers in a bad position because they know what's right and just, meanwhile the laws they're forced to enforce aren't and they're forced to do things they don't feel to be right so they can continue making a living. Fuck Murphy.

I bet this executive order is something stupid like "Teachers will not be allowed to carry on school grounds" or "Schools will now be gun free zones"

Lol Murphy was asked if he will make stricter punishments for people who break gun laws (criminals Newark Camden etc) and he says “yes we are are working on signing 6 of them. I will sign every one of them.” He dodged the question... he is signing 6 laws that are bs laws and affect legal gun owners (magazine limit etc) but not doing a single damn thing about punishing the criminals running around this state. I don’t understand how liberals can be so brain dead. It’s unbelievable. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Persona non grata said:

I watched it live, but I don't remember hearing if they'll be calling out whether the guns were purchased legally or were stolen. I doubt that they'll publish THAT data. Even if they do though, they'll just turn it against us anyway. "You legal gun owners aren't responsible enough" or some nonsense like that. They'll find a way to use it against us...

“ information on what states they came from among other things “ so unless everyone is moving here with thier handguns...