voyager9

Gun Restriction executive order

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2017/02/nj_homicides_in_2016_1.html

Homicides drop 4 percent; see how many each N.J. county had

Updated Jan 3, 2018; Posted Feb 5, 2017

New Jersey homicides, 2016

The total number of homicides in New Jersey in 2016, by county, compared to the homicide rates in 2015 and 2014.

County 2016 homicide total 2015 homicide total 2014 homicide total
Atlantic 20 19 12
Bergen 7 12 13
Burlington 19 6 8
Camden 44 39 46
Cape May 0 2 2
Cumberland 12 17 17
Essex 126 143 117
Gloucester 5 2 2
Hudson 29 30 25
Hunterdon 0 0 0
Mercer 25 20 35
Middlesex 8 13 10
Monmouth 6 9 5
Morris 2 2 5
Ocean 7 9 4
Passaic 20 24 32
Salem 5 2 2
Somerset 3 5 5
Sussex 0 1 0
Total 361 375 361
Union 22 21 18
Warren 2 0 2
Totals provided by county prosecutor's offices.

Roughly correlates (inversely) with the number of FFLs per county.

Essex is #1 for homicides (126) and #21 for FFLs (6). Ocean is #1 for FFL (42) and had 7 homicides. Monmouth is #2 for FFL ( 38) and had 6 homicides.
  • Like 1

Seems to me this EO is proof positive that no new gun laws to overly regulate law abiding citizens should be enacted. He claim that over 80% of all shooting in New Jersey are done with illegal guns brought in from out of state. That leaves only 20% that are obtained in state. Of those I would bet many are through straw purchases and others are stolen guns. Thus, only a tiny number of legal guns are ever used to shoot anyone in NJ. Therefore there is no reason to further regulate legal honest citizens nor the property they own.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Princetonian58 said:

From Governor Free Sh*t's webpage:

Join me live in Asbury Park as I sign an executive order to make information on gun crimes accessible to the public: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv0tRQ2P56Y 

He should make it accessible to the public each time a prosecutor reduces or throws out a gun charge used during the commission of a crime to get a plea bargain to lesser crime.  You know, to show who they are "tough on gun laws".

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Bob2222 said:

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/11/where_nj_criminals_get_their_guns.html

download copy

This map shows the top sources for crime guns recovered in New Jersey. Pennsylvania was the biggest out-of-state source, with 370 weapons, followed by Georgia (203) and North Carolina (192). Another 29 states and the District of Columbia accounted for 215 other traces.

download-copy-05171e564f22cd54.jpg

So, how exactly is passing any more NJ Gun laws going to stop anything when guns are coming here illegally from out of state?

Also, that's A LOT of crimes being committed with firearms in NJ.  Obviously the police can't stop illegal guns coming into NJ any more than they can stop drugs from coming into the state.  Police also can not stop criminals from committing crimes with these illegal weapons. Sounds like very good reasons to issue concealed carry permits.  Since the police can neither stop the import of illegal guns or protect NJ citizens from criminals with illegal guns then we should be allowed to protect our selves.

This could be a good thing. Finding out that most crime guns come from other states, restricting NJ's already restrictive gun laws will do nothing.

Yeah but they’ll still pass more laws despite having data showing that legal gun owners aren’t the issue.

Don’t forget also, he as well as the dipshit Governors from the other states don’t really give a rats ass. They didn’t get to where they are by being so dumb as to think a new law will eliminate over 300billion guns over night. They’re preying on the ignorance of the other dipshits that voted for him. They think it’s possible and the politicians spoon feed it to them. 

• Like 1

I can't wait for the fiscal collapse of this state and it all falls on him along with passing stupid laws. Sure it will sound good to the left but combined with a fiscal collapse he's gonna set up another Christie to come in and look like a hero.

4 hours ago, Howard said:

Seems to me this EO is proof positive that no new gun laws to overly regulate law abiding citizens should be enacted. He claim that over 80% of all shooting in New Jersey are done with illegal guns brought in from out of state. That leaves only 20% that are obtained in state.

Exactly.

Here are some highlights from today:

Murphy was on hand to sign Executive Order 21, which he said would let residents "see for the first time the direct impact of gun violence in our communities," as well as to let more people see how firearms are trafficked into the state.

"I'm sitting ready with a pen in hand, ready to sign those bills into law," Murphy said. "As I've said time and again, this administration is going to lead based on facts and science, not on politics."

Grewal said New Jersey's laws overseeing legal gun ownership are tough. But surrounding states — Pennsylvania, for instance — have less restrictive laws on gun possession and transportation. States with weaker gun laws provide a way to quickly buy firearms and then traffic them over state lines back into New Jersey, Grewal said.

Because guns purchased in states with slack gun laws frequently end up at crime scenes in states with tough gun laws, advocates for more restrictions have long sought more federal gun control measures — something Congress has been unwilling to do.  

"Too many other states make it too easy for people to buy firearms," Grewal said. 

"Criminals don't mind that the Delaware River is between us and Pennsylvania," said Callahan, the state police superintendent,

"They don't care about the Hudson River," Callahan said of people who are not deterred by geographic boundaries in an effort to get guns. "They'll pay the toll to go over the George Washington Bridge.

https://www.app.com/story/news/crime/jersey-mayhem/2018/04/06/murphy-signs-executive-order-show-new-jersey-gun-violence-data-public/493466002/

Governor asshole just stepped in his own crap trying to pass his new laws. He just told the state that the problem with guns and homicides comes from illegal guns obtained out of state.

So how the hell do these new proposed laws stop that? They don't? They just penalize the law abiding citizens.

I hope the 2A groups in the state use this data today to smack down the idiots in Trenton.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, 10X said:

I searched to see if I could find a time for the announcement--nothing is posted.

However, he's signing the order at a middle school, so the announcement will come before the end of the school day--they'll be packing as many kids as possible into the background of the photo op.

Speaking of brain-dead executive orders, did anyone see this one from Hudson County last month?  The County Executive signed an EO severing ties with FedEx for any county shipping needs, all because FedEx sometimes ships guns and ammo.

Hudson County won't use Fedex because they sometimes ship guns and ammo

Well, someone should tell them that UPS and USPS also ship guns and ammo.

52 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

Well, someone should tell them that UPS and USPS also ship guns and ammo.

I can see their concern. God forbid all those murder-boxes leap from their packaging and go on a spree like the crabs of Christmas Island.

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

Not sure if this was posted earlier 

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/undefined/2016tracestatsnewjerseypdf/download

specifically the number of rifles collected. And we need an AWB, why?

also, Time to crime is interesting. 

OK, I'm confused... is THIS the information Murphy intends to share?? If so, I think this is going to backfire pretty badly. 

Based on 2015 population numbers (from here: http://www.state.nj.us/health/fhs/primarycare/documents/Rural NJ density2015-revised municpalities.pdf) - the 10 cities on the Gun Trace pie chart on page 10 were only 12.5% of the state's total population.

Assuming population density by city hasn't swung widely since 2015 (which I sort of doubt) - these cities (with only 12.5% of the state's population) are generating a whopping 46.78% of the gun traces. Of course, I'm not surprised (and I'm sure you aren't either)! But, these stats only bolster other studies which reveal that an overwhelming amount of crime is occurring in urban neighborhoods (and overwhelmingly related to the perpetrator's extensive prior criminal history and active gang affiliation, e.g., ILLEGAL gun owners!!!). If this is what he wants to publish, have at it! This will get turned against him by readers in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

OK, I'm confused... is THIS the information Murphy intends to share?? 

How do you share something that has already been shared?

Unless he means he is going to share their cherry-picked interpretation of the data 

and I’m only surprised those cities were only 50% of the traces. I thought it would be in the 80’s. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Handyman said:

They really think they are going to somehow "shame" another state? NJ is a national laugingstock. A state with any common sense will tell NJ to go crap in its hat.

Yes he does.  He wants to form a collation of states to squash gun rights and the 2A.  If you watched his babble at signing that's exactly what he said.   

Notice that he said that the AG (or someone in the state) already collects this data. His EO makes it public. 

This means he is not going to directly GunShame other states. He could do that now. Instead it’s going to be picked up by the complicit media and he will use them and PR to indirectly do it. 

25 minutes ago, BobA said:

Yes he does.  He wants to form a collation of states to squash gun rights and the 2A.  If you watched his babble at signing that's exactly what he said.   

Exactly right, This isn't about NJ. It's about forcing Indiana to enact harder gun laws since most guns used in Chicago comes from there. Likewise with SC(?) and NJ. Or CA and...

And if those states don't do it on their won, then the goal is to get the Feds to do it for them either via legislation or regulation.

Murphy is the perfect governor for the ill advised and ignorant bumper sticker voter. The man is a disgrace as our highest ranking official for NJ. He continually embarrasses NJ to the entire country. After he finishes with gun issues, it will be about the necessity to raise taxes and, that will be when the zombie NJ voter gets wound up and will know how 2A supporters feel. This is what happens when people don't vote and have their proverbial heads up their ass. According to statistics 1 in 6 eligible voters bothered to vote for governor in NJ 2017. I'm starting to feel the average Jersey citizen is kind of a mindless blank slate. Keep texting, watching sports, facebook, selfies and all the other mindless crap people do and you'll see what NJ will become.

• Like 3

they also need to include in this data the number of previous felony's the actors have under their belt, the number of other crimes committed  by the actor, THE NAME OF THE JUDGE as well as their home address who set them free to continue their profession and if they are currently in prison for the crime in which the the gun was confiscated from them that generated this data.

please include that data phil and loretta

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WP22 said:

Exactly right, This isn't about NJ. It's about forcing Indiana to enact harder gun laws since most guns used in Chicago comes from there. Likewise with SC(?) and NJ. Or CA and...

And if those states don't do it on their won, then the goal is to get the Feds to do it for them either via legislation or regulation.

So how does this help them?  If people are buying handguns in "loose" states and reselling illegally in NJ those people are already breaking the law.  Straw purchases are illegal.  Tranfering handgun over state lines with out going through FFL and background check is already illegal.

Their solution is going to make another law that criminals will only ignore, just like the laws they already break?  Becauyse they new law will stop them.  Lol. 

This will backfire and make Murphy look all the more ignorant and ill informed than he already is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

OK, I'm confused... is THIS the information Murphy intends to share?? If so, I think this is going to backfire pretty badly. 

Based on 2015 population numbers (from here: http://www.state.nj.us/health/fhs/primarycare/documents/Rural NJ density2015-revised municpalities.pdf) - the 10 cities on the Gun Trace pie chart on page 10 were only 12.5% of the state's total population.

Assuming population density by city hasn't swung widely since 2015 (which I sort of doubt) - these cities (with only 12.5% of the state's population) are generating a whopping 46.78% of the gun traces. Of course, I'm not surprised (and I'm sure you aren't either)! But, these stats only bolster other studies which reveal that an overwhelming amount of crime is occurring in urban neighborhoods (and overwhelmingly related to the perpetrator's extensive prior criminal history and active gang affiliation, e.g., ILLEGAL gun owners!!!). If this is what he wants to publish, have at it! This will get turned against him by readers in a heartbeat.

no, they won't share it because it doesn't fit their anti gun agenda when people see lawful gun owners aren't the problem

6 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

So how does this help them?  If people are buying handguns in "loose" states and reselling illegally in NJ those people are already breaking the law.  Straw purchases are illegal.  Tranfering handgun over state lines with out going through FFL and background check is already illegal.

Their solution is going to make another law that criminals will only ignore, just like the laws they already break?  Becauyse they new law will stop them.  Lol. 

This will backfire and make Murphy look all the more ignorant and ill informed than he already is.

Universal background checks and ending private transactions at fed level is one the goals for now.

The argument I heard from the libs goes as following: the problem with Chicago's murder rate (I'll use chicago but the same goes for Newark, Camden, Compton) is that guns come easily across the border from IA since IA allows f2f transactions without a background check-I don't know if that's true or not but that's how I heard it.

Therefore, the solution is to ban F2f transactions; the so-called gunshow loophole.

Of course it's already illegal to cross state lines for f2f gun transactions bypassing an FFL, but only "gun people" know that. And that's not who they are trying to influence.

They want to make villains of those "loose states" to blame them for their own inability to solve their own problems in their own communities. 

• Like 2