voyager9

Gun Restriction executive order

56 minutes ago, WP22 said:

Of course it's already illegal to cross state lines for f2f gun transactions bypassing an FFL, but only "gun people" know that. And that's not who they are trying to influence.

Then we explain it.  Over and over and over again until everyone understands.  IT'S ALREADY ILLEGAL.

It's illegal to to do a face to face transaction if both parties aren't a resident of the state.  So someone is breaking the law already.  Passing more laws won't make the people who are already criminals stop being criminals.  They won't wake up the next day and say, "Oh, NOW I get it.  I'm not suppossed to do this!"

If the guns themselves were the problem, then the "loose states" would have more firearms violence than the strict states / cities.  But they don't.  It's not a firearms problem.  It's a people problem.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, gleninjersey said:

Then we explain it.  Over and over and over again until everyone understands.  IT'S ALREADY ILLEGAL.

It's illegal to to do a face to face transaction if both parties aren't a resident of the state.  So someone is breaking the law already.  Passing more laws won't make the people who are already criminals stop being criminals. 

But...but... but.... this new law shows they really really reeeeeealy mean it this time and criminals will comply.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, WP22 said:

Universal background checks and ending private transactions at fed level is one the goals for now.  

I can’t wrap my mind around why Gov Murphy has such a hard on for enacting universal background checks. 

You’d think he would want to pick universal dental care as his pet issue. 

8 hours ago, 10X said:

I can’t wrap my mind around why Gov Murphy has such a hard on for enacting universal background checks. 

Gun's are an easy target.  Most people in the NE are scared to death when the hear the word gun.  Law abiding gun owners are a very easy group to control.  We're law abiding. LOL.  More gun laws sound great on paper and make for great headlines but in reality they do very little to stop criminals with guns.  Gun's and gun owners will always be the favorite wiping boy's of politicians. The word sensible? That's a great one the left  came up with.  Who doesn't want to be sensible?  Stating Fact's are the only way to beat them back when they bring sensible up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 10X said:

Because a universal background check system is one step closer to a gun registry and we all know what gun Registries lead to

• Like 1

I have a friend in California who has 4 registered “assault weapons” with every scary feature that isn’t allowed otherwise and he’s had them registered for 2 years with no issue. If registering my AR’s meant I can have whatever scary features I want, I really wouldn’t care. Your house is registered with the IRS, your car is registered with the DMV, if they want to hurt you, they will do it in worse ways than taking your guns.

That being said fuck gun control it’s not right or just.

6 hours ago, JR88USMC said:

I have a friend in California who has 4 registered “assault weapons” with every scary feature that isn’t allowed otherwise and he’s had them registered for 2 years with no issue. If registering my AR’s meant I can have whatever scary features I want, I really wouldn’t care. Your house is registered with the IRS, your car is registered with the DMV, if they want to hurt you, they will do it in worse ways than taking your guns.

That being said fuck gun control it’s not right or just.

Until NJ/Cali goes all Deerfield, Illinois on those registered guns when the next "common sense" law is proposed "for the children" because "weapons of war" etc etc etc.

12 minutes ago, Malice4you said:

Until NJ/Cali goes all Deerfield, Illinois on those registered guns when the next "common sense" law is proposed "for the children" because "weapons of war" etc etc etc.

Cali already did it with standard mags... you can have but register them... until now you can’t 

On 4/8/2018 at 9:36 PM, WP22 said:

The argument I heard from the libs goes as following: the problem with Chicago's murder rate (I'll use chicago but the same goes for Newark, Camden, Compton) is that guns come easily across the border from IA since IA allows f2f transactions without a background check-I don't know if that's true or not but that's how I heard it.

This is a very common argument by the leftist gun grabbers, but they never elaborate on why those states with less restrictive gun laws don't have the same crime problems.  If it is simply a matter of being able to access firearms that is the causal factor behind firearms-related crime; then it stands to reason that places like Vermont (for example) should have the same or greater crime rate than places like inner-city Boston, Providence, or Hartford.  The elephant in the room is the demographics, but to even broach the topic of this being a factor is taboo.  Strip out the inner-city street crime and we are likely on par with many "gun-free" European nations in terms of murder rate.

• Like 4

On 4/9/2018 at 10:17 AM, 10X said:

Because he promised the world to a lot of people.....none of which he, or the State, can afford.  Gun legislation, on the other hand, costs nothing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KayFabe said:

Strip out the inner-city street crime and we are likely on par with many "gun-free" European nations in terms of murder rate.

Very true... Strip out a few inner cities, the US drops way down the list, even with it's high firearm ownership totals.

19 hours ago, KayFabe said:

The elephant in the room is the demographics, but to even broach the topic of this being a factor is taboo. 

IMO, this is where all the 2A groups and NRA need to focus their "educational" focus.

What I'd like to see published is the court depositions to show the rest of the country how a law abiding Joe goes to prison for 5 years on a technicality when a punk that commits armed robbery plea bargains the whole fact that he had and used the gun to rob away?  

• Like 2