voyager9

Handguns stolen from judge’s car

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

He is not too bright, but still not a crime.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Absolutely.

If stupidity was a crime we wouldn't have enough prisons.

But he seriously did that...in Elizabeth?!?!?!?!?!?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Handyman said:

I guess just being a judge counts as "justifiable need?" Even in the absence of a threat?

It must be nice to be in the ruling class. Can't comment more outside of 1A.

Handzy. Judges and Prosecutors do not require justifiable need. Although the top co prosecutor determines if his underlings carry.  Don’t ask me how I know, jus trust that I know. Umk

I think that what's being overlooked is the fact that this man is a Judge, he has the power the imprison people, rule with or against them in a civil action and for all intents and purposes decide a persons fate and he chooses to buy a Kel-tec.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, gfl216 said:

I think that what's being overlooked is the fact that this man is a Judge, he has the power the imprison people, rule with or against them in a civil action and for all intents and purposes decide a persons fate and he chooses to buy a Kel-tec. WTF?:wacko:

If it works for him why not?

3 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Kind of like Taurus.  Those that swear by them and those that swear at them.

Okay you win, I was just trying to be funny but you killed me with rationalization. With that said I did own a Kel-tec Sub 2000 and a SU-16 and while they did function at about 90% I though they where both poorly crafted gimmick guns. I will more than likely never buy another kel-tec and even though I never owned one I probably wouldn't buy a Taurus either. 

Are these 3 guns going to be reported under Murphy's new EO?
That's what I said earlier today. I can't wait to see how many of these guns are government issue but if it's a significant number, I'm sure he'll find a way to redact that part.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

On 4/6/2018 at 9:18 AM, Darrenf said:

Was just about to post this.  Man you're fast.  Remind me never to get into a duel with you. :)

On 4/6/2018 at 9:35 AM, Zeke said:

He wouldn’t show up

Savage points:  6

• Like 2

OK folksies, here it is, a GRIZism:

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!

With over 46 years behind the trigger, I can rattle-off a hundred viable reasons to leave my legal unloaded & secured guns in a vehicle.  From a twisted knee at a match (which happened to yours truly years ago!) to a family member at home that fell in the shower and that person's medic alert system called or texted you, and 98 more in-between!  I don't know about YOU PEOPLE, but I don't want or need any more government intrusion in my life.  And I don't participate in class warfare or jealousy (He's got a NJ Unicorn Daddy & I want MINE!) for just THAT reason!  Judge or no Judge, it doesn't matter, so stop whining like Tide Pod Kids!   If someone broke into my car trunk & stole the SIX HAND GUNS I normally carry to a match (because as Match Director I've already loaned a complete set-up of gun, mags, mag pouches, holster & ammo to a league member that swapped cars with the Mrs. & left all his shit in his trunk parked in his driveway) I guess you'd all be throwin' me under da bus too!  So IF say something were to happen and I or my friend & member of the club would be arrested because of it would you all feel good about it and CHEER?  WTF! 

Instead of being the A-Hole yer mother warned you about, how about we all just be glad that it didn't happen to US, eh?  The frustration & "group-think" of this forum often reminds me of a "MOB mentality".  NOW is one of those times!  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

OK folksies, here it is, a GRIZism:

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!

With over 46 years behind the trigger, I can rattle-off a hundred viable reasons to leave my legal unloaded & secured guns in a vehicle.  From a twisted knee at a match (which happened to yours truly years ago!) to a family member at home that fell in the shower and that person's medic alert system called or texted you, and 98 more in-between!  I don't know about YOU PEOPLE, but I don't want or need any more government intrusion in my life.  And I don't participate in class warfare or jealousy (He's got a NJ Unicorn Daddy & I want MINE!) for just THAT reason!  Judge or no Judge, it doesn't matter, so stop whining like Tide Pod Kids!   If someone broke into my car trunk & stole the SIX HAND GUNS I normally carry to a match (because as Match Director I've already loaned a complete set-up of gun, mags, mag pouches, holster & ammo to a league member that swapped cars with the Mrs. & left all his shit in his trunk parked in his driveway) I guess you'd all be throwin' me under da bus too!  So IF say something were to happen and I or my friend & member of the club would be arrested because of it would you all feel good about it and CHEER?  WTF! 

Instead of being the A-Hole yer mother warned you about, how about we all just be glad that it didn't happen to US, eh?  The frustration & "group-think" of this forum often reminds me of a "MOB mentality".  NOW is one of those times!  

While I agree with your assessment on group think, I disagree with you on this issue.  If it was a "regular Joe", he would be in trouble.  But, it is a judge.  So the rules, in this case, do not apply to him.  He will not be charged with a crime.  Nor should he.  BUT, will I be charged with a crime if I did the same thing?

4 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

While I agree with your assessment on group think, I disagree with you on this issue.  If it was a "regular Joe", he would be in trouble.  But, it is a judge.  So the rules, in this case, do not apply to him.  He will not be charged with a crime.  Nor should he.  BUT, will I be charged with a crime if I did the same thing?

No, no you won't!  Because in order to CHARGE YOU a written law MUST BE BROKEN, and H.E. & GRIZ already covered THAT!  NO SUCH LAW EXISTS!  Forget the car trunk.  Your house gets robbed & guns are stolen.  LOADED GUNS!  Do the Cops come & lock you up just cause yer not a Judge?  It's the SAME THING!  And be glad it is or everyone that ever reported a stolen gun would be sittin' in jail for Christ's sake!  

Forget the entire "Judge" aspect of this.  Now conduct yer ILLEGAL WITCH HUNT so ya "feel good" cause "jealousy"! 

Laws aren't to be argued by the emotional.  Rather laws need to be written vague enough so that unintended consequences don't ENSNARE THE INNOCENT.  Law is a "Big Picture" sort of thing.  It's Civics.  It's COMPLICATED!  Its' universal application ensures that they don't come back to bite us in the ass.  It's for those of us that aren't afraid to drive our long guns around everywhere we go, 'cept for schools & military installations.  It's for those of us that can drive to a dozen exempt locations in a row, even at ZERO DARK THIRTY, with limited deviations, and do so with unloaded hand guns in our vehicles w/o feelin' shit-scared to death.

Instead of worrying about HOW TO LOCK-UP A CRIME VICTIM, how about we put our energies into gettin' more WARM BODIES TO THE RALLY THIS SATURDAY?  :) 

• Like 2

On 4/6/2018 at 11:41 AM, capt14k said:

He wasn't caught breaking law, but since he maybe broke the law earlier he should be arrested?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

would any of us have been for the exact same circumstances?

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

would any of us have been for the exact same circumstances?

If it was you or me, I'll bet some timed footage from a nearby security camera would be found showing our car driving just prior to parking or even actually parking and getting out. Also there is no mention of the car being in a driveway (private property) which I'd think would be noted in the article. Just "outside his home" and "car on NY Ave" which infers to me on the street parking.  

Carry exemption: (4)A court attendant serving as such under appointment by the sheriff of the county or by the judge of any municipal court or other court of this State, while in the actual performance of his official duties;

It appears he was not carrying on his person but rather stored it in his vehicle which was broken into.From the article, seems like his vehicle was parked on a public street. Even if he has a carry permit that is really not relevant to what happened (putting aside his stupidity). Your right to  store a firearm on your own property or if you are on the property of another if you are within an exemption seems pretty clear. But storage on a public street is not permitted(for obvious reasons). Yeah, unlawful constructive possession