Sign in to follow this  
gfl216

Dickinson Shotguns

I'm looking for a budget inertia shotgun and came across the Dickinson 212SR. I've looked at YouTube and a few other websites and everything I can find on them seems to be positive. Dose anyone have one or know anything about Dickinson? I'm kinda on the fence if I should spend a few hundred more and get a Stoeger M3000.

15 hours ago, gfl216 said:

I'm looking for a budget inertia shotgun and came across the Dickinson 212SR. I found one on Gunbroker that I could probably get for about $360 (shipping and FFL fees included). I've looked at YouTube and a few other websites and everything I can find on them seems to be positive. Dose anyone have one or know anything about Dickinson? I'm kinda on the fence if I should spend the extra $200 and get a Stoeger M3000

TOFTT! And full report!

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:07 AM, Zeke said:

TOFTT! And full report!

Okay, I TOFTT. I bought a Dickinson 212 SR from CDNN Sports. It is an inertia driven 12 ga made in Turkey and is described as a Stoeger M3000 clone.

From what I can find online a few years back S&W were looking to make a push into the shotgun market and partnered with gun makers in Turkey. S&W backed out but the factories were already built so the Turks started making shotguns. Companies like Dickinson, Girsan, and Stoeger partnered up and are now importing the guns. This may not be 100% correct but that's what I found so far. I'm sure that some of the shotgun gurus may be able to shed more light.

Anyway when I get it and put a few rounds through it I will give a report.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2018 at 9:56 PM, gfl216 said:

Okay, I TOFTT. I bought a Dickinson 212 SR from CDNN Sports. It is an inertia driven 12 ga made in Turkey and is described as a Stoeger M3000 clone.

From what I can find online a few years back S&W were looking to make a push into the shotgun market and partnered with gun makers in Turkey. S&W backed out but the factories were already built so the Turks started making shotguns. Companies like Dickinson, Girsan, and Stoeger partnered up and are now importing the guns. This may not be 100% correct but that's what I found so far. I'm sure that some of the shotgun gurus may be able to shed more light.

Anyway when I get it and put a few rounds through it I will give a report.

Can I try it?

11 hours ago, Zeke said:

Can I try it?

Once I get it, sure why not. I ordered it Wednesday and paid by Cashiers Check (didn't want my wife to know that I bought another gun) so they won't ship until they get the check. I'm guessing that I should get it by the end of next week.

Okay, I picked up my new Dickinson 212sr on Saturday and I made it out to the range today. I shot it straight out of the box. The only thing I did was wipe it down and run a bore snake through the barrel. I put a total of 50 rounds (10 OO Buck, 15 slugs, and 25 target loads) through it with no malfunctions. It ran the target loads as fast as I could pull the trigger. The gun ran great. Felt great in my hands, and the recoil wasn't bad probably a little less than my 870. So far my only complaint is that I didn't bring more ammo. 

When I got home I ran a bore snake though the barrel. I'm not going to clean the gun until I can get back to the range and put at least another 50 rounds through it just to see how it shoots when it's a little dirty. 

So far I like it and if it keeps running like it did today I think I may love it. 

I'll put a few pictures of the gun and the ammo I used when I get a chance. 

*Edit* It came with 5 chokes. Cyl, Imp Cyl. Mod, Imp Mod, and Full. I have an email into Dickinson to see what threads and what other guns they are compatible with. 

20180507_124443.jpg

20180507_124502.jpg

20180507_124430.jpg

20180507_124450.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W2MC said:

Looks nice!

3 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Definitely looks nice.  Inertia driven so a little less to clean but I would check just in case!

Thanks, CDNN Sports has them with 28" or 30" barrels for $299 and $20 shipping. Like I said if it keeps running like it did today I'm going to love this gun and I think that it would be hard to find a better semi auto shotgun for the price.

• Like 1

I went back to the range today and put another 50 rounds through the gun. I had one FTF at 30 rounds in. I was shooting Winchester Super Target #8 shot. I put another 20 though it with no issues although it seemed to like the Remington Gun Club better. The Remington definitely had a more assertive ejection. So far I really like this gun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

FTF or FTE?  I've had FTE issues with Winchester ammo on my Mossberg 930.  Some others here had issues on their Mossberg 500/Maverick 88's I think too.

It was a FTF. The spent hull ejected fine.