Sign in to follow this  
revenger

is "new jersey gun owner rights foundation" legit?

Friend sent me a facebook post from this organization stating that the new jersey senate is proposing a law that would imprison state workers from interstate travel to free states that do not infringe on the 2A.   does not state which leftist has proposed this bill.

sounds like a hoax but this is NJ.

anyone else hear of this or know this group,  

2 hours ago, Cemeterys Gun Blob said:

I recognize some names from other groups......as far as being a 'charity', doubt it.  Not sure what they do besides preaching to the choir.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/NJGunRightsFoundation

Blob, if you don't recognize Mark Cheeseman & Jack Pyle as 2A Patriots then you sir, are, "PASSIONATELY UNINFORMED"!  Meaning what rock are you living under that you don't recognize Cheeseman as in Cheeseman & Jillard's lawsuit filed against the State of NJ?  Mark is a 2A Crusader & Jack is the Treasurer of the Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners ( http://www.cnjfo.com ) .  Jack is also a CPA and CFO of a large fulfillment Co.  Jack & Mark got together to form this Non-Profit Corp. because a (c)3 can't spend its' money to defend an INDIVIDUAL should they get into hot water.  This Non-Profit was set-up specifically to funnel funds for legal expenses should the need arise.  Like an insurance policy.  Of course all of this is explained on the Facebook page in detail. 

From the very link you provided:

About
The mission of the New Jersey Gun Owner Rights Foundation is to provide legal representation to firearms owners and law abiding citizens in NJ . Founded by firearms owners, for firearms owners in NJ.

Since incorporation and bylaws filed with the NJ Secretary of State are public information, perhaps you might want to explore those before illuminating us, oh, never mind!

2 hours ago, JT Custom Guns said:

Thanks Jack!  It's a Weinberg SPECIAL & Linda Stupidstein is her cohort in UNCONSTITUTIONALITY!

57 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

...Jack & Mark got together to form this Non-Profit Corp. because a (c)3 can't spend its' money to defend an INDIVIDUAL should they get into hot water.  This Non-Profit was set-up specifically to funnel funds for legal expenses should the need arise.  Like an insurance policy.  Of course all of this is explained on the Facebook page in detail. 

From the very link you provided:

About
The mission of the New Jersey Gun Owner Rights Foundation is to provide legal representation to firearms owners and law abiding citizens in NJ . Founded by firearms owners, for firearms owners in NJ.

Since incorporation and bylaws filed with the NJ Secretary of State are public information, perhaps you might want to explore those before illuminating us, oh, never mind!

That's good to know Rosey. I recognized Cheeseman's name... however, in all fairness, your quick explanation was far better than their Facebook mission statement... which is too vague. Based on what you said, it sounds like they formed specifically to fill a critical gap created by the laws governing non-profits - that's their differentiator among 2A orgs, am I right? If so, that's not clear in their mission statement. 

But, aside from communications nitpicking (lol), what I like is that this sounds like a very strategic move because individual lawsuits may well have to be part of the "state-wide 2A solution" at some point. Having an organization that is there to provide legal support and perhaps(?) fundraise for individuals filing lawsuits sounds really smart! Good for them.

And... it's Sunday, people... a day of rest and relaxation. For goodness sakes, everyone chill-axe!  Have a mimosa. :D  

15 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

That's good to know Rosey. I recognized Cheeseman's name... however, in all fairness, your quick explanation was far better than their Facebook mission statement... which is too vague. Based on what you said, it sounds like they formed specifically to fill a critical gap created by the laws governing non-profits - that's their differentiator among 2A orgs, am I right? If so, that's not clear in their mission statement. 

But, aside from communications nitpicking (lol), what I like is that this sounds like a very strategic move because individual lawsuits may well have to be part of the "state-wide 2A solution" at some point. Having an organization that is there to provide legal support and perhaps(?) fundraise for individuals filing lawsuits sounds really smart! Good for them.

And... it's Sunday, people... a day of rest and relaxation. For goodness sakes, everyone chill-axe!  Have a mimosa. :D  

Blob, I owe you a bit of an apology of sorts:

New Jersey Gun Owner Rights Foundation is a PUBLIC Facebook page.  The "About" page you hot linked only allows a few words that have to "fit inside a box".  This is why the "about" seems a little vague, as Mrs. Peel indicated correctly.

"New Jersey Gun Owner Rights Foundation Group Page" is a CLOSED GROUP that you have to send a request to JOIN to be "let-in", so you wouldn't have been able to read this:

Description
New Jersey Gun Owner Rights Foundation

Mission Statement: The mission of the New Jersey Gun Owner Rights Foundation is to provide legal representation to firearms owners and law abiding citizens in NJ .

Founded by firearms owners for firearms owners in NJ, we are a non-profit organization that serves its members, supporters, and the public through educational, and judicial efforts to advance Second Amendment and related civil rights in NJ.

What We Do: New Jersey Gun Owner Rights Foundation was created to provide legal representation for law abiding citizens of NJ. Our objective is to assist firearms owners and potential firearms owners with litigation, legal filings and attorneys fees on cases involving firearms laws and permit application denials. Cases covered would be NJ Firearms ID card applications, Permit to Purchase applications and NJ Firearms carry applications.

Vision: Law-abiding gun owners of New Jersey can no longer protect, through legislation, the free exercise of their pre-existing, inalienable, human right to keep and bear arms for all legitimate and lawful purposes (including but not limited to self-defense, defense of innocent life, recreation, hunting, etc. It has now become necessary to defend ourselves through the courts. Our vision is that through membership and also by litigation we can accomplish our goal of restoring the Second Amendment, case by case, to the citizens of New Jersey.

NEW JERSEY GUN OWNER RIGHTS FOUNDATION

PO BOX 808 Glassboro NJ 08028

FWIW:  Mark Cheeseman is a Glassboro, NJ resident so I therefore assume he goes to the PO Box.  I would trust either or both with my life!  Peel, WHERE'S THAT DRINK!?  LOL!
Yes, it's Sunday and I'm gettin' a little fried around the edges.  Peel, do you deliver adult beverages to Middlesex Co., lol?
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

What the hell kind of bill is this.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. Is their point, "Ha! We'll show you free America... we won't spend our state's money in your turf?" Is this a state-mandated "boycott" in essence?

I mean, so what? Private companies, and individuals, of course, will spend their money as they see fit... so what real impact does this have? If they pass this, won't the state just limit its procurement choices (to mostly more heavily regulated, expensive states) and therefore just drive up their own costs? How's that going to help them at the polls in the next election cycle? 

Is there something I'm not seeing here? 

1 hour ago, JimB1 said:

Honestly, NJ is broke. I wish they’d pass a law saying no public funds would be spent on travel anywhere... 

JMHO

SYNOPSIS

Prohibits State-sponsored travel to states lacking permit to purchase firearms laws.

CURRENT VERSION OF TEXT

As introduced.

An Act prohibiting State-sponsored travel to states lacking permit to purchase firearms laws and supplementing Title 52 of the Revised Statutes.

Be It Enacted by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:

1.  a.  Notwithstanding the provisions of any other law or rule or regulation to the contrary, a State agency shall not permit a State officer or employee, special State officer or employee, or member of the Legislature to engage in any travel to be paid, in whole or in part, out of State funds, or to be otherwise sponsored by the State, to any state of the United States if that state has not enacted a permit to purchase firearms law.  This prohibition shall also apply to any organization that receives aid from the State.

The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to any travel required for the following purposes:

the enforcement of any New Jersey law, including auditing and revenue collection;

litigation;

any contractual obligation incurred prior to the effective date of P.L.    , c.    (C.      ) (pending before the Legislature as this bill);

This may be the first and last time that I ever agree with Loretta Weinberg.

2A friendly states tend to have nicer weather than New Jersey. (In addition to lower taxes.)

If we can't keep state employees from traveling outside the state, I'd settle for prohibiting them from traveling to nice warm places like Disney World with my tax dollars.

(I am now curious as to how much New Jersey spends on travel to warm, 2A friendly states.)

6 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. Is their point, "Ha! We'll show you free America... we won't spend our state's money in your turf?" Is this a state-mandated "boycott" in essence?

I mean, so what? Private companies, and individuals, of course, will spend their money as they see fit... so what real impact does this have? If they pass this, won't the state just limit its procurement choices (to mostly more heavily regulated, expensive states) and therefore just drive up their own costs? How's that going to help them at the polls in the next election cycle? 

Is there something I'm not seeing here? 

Virtue Signalling.

Trying to drum shit up along the lines of the boycotts of States that passed Anti LGBT laws, and how boycotts got said States to undo those laws.  See Indiana.

Virtue signaling combined with the Law of Unintended Consequences.

I don't think that Florida or any resort state is going to change its gun laws because New Jersey won't send its bureaucrats there.

Unfortunately, I think the chances of this bill actually being signed into law are pretty low.

A few calls from the unions and from the NJEA and the bill will disappear down the memory hole. (They love their taxpayer funded excursions to Disney World!)

• Like 3

It’s just another attempt by Adolf Murphy and Frau Weinberg to form a coalition of states for him to lead the charge. He’s too stupid to realize that in the big picture that he’s trying to “fix” he’s in the minority of states. 

Well, then all those state Government employees that voted for Democrats should be THRILLED! In fact all state employees  should be happy!  Next, if you are a state employee, you will be MICROCHIPPED like livestock. Then if you come withing 1000ft of a firearm or ammunition, you will be subject to disciplinary action. The telescreens installed in your home and workplace as a condition of getting a fat state pension are there for you protection.

Finally, as members of the outer party, you chocolate ration will be increased to 25 grammes a day!  Praise Big Brother!

• Like 1

are they seriously limiting their employees to travel for non gun related reasons, because of other state's gun laws? LMFAO, NJ is the laughing stock of this country already, they're really that arrogant to think the rest of the country depends on us?