MartyZ

I finally turned her

8 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Does the AR have to be stereotypical "woman"?  Can't it just be an AR?  

I have no idea what that means! The AR is not a stereotypical "woman", the AR is a stereotypical AR. And my wife wants it in a pink camo paint scheme because she likes how I painted my multicam AR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

Does the AR have to be stereotypical "woman"?  Can't it just be an AR?  

Because it's FREAKING ADORBZ (note - I'll be taking down the pic after a while - don't really want that on the 'net just in case)

Edit:  Pic removed

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

I have no idea what that means! The AR is not a stereotypical "woman", the AR is a stereotypical AR. And my wife wants it in a pink camo paint scheme because she likes how I painted my multicam AR.

I vote Hot pink!

Welcome to the club!  Soon you'll have no idea where your ammo goes.  My wife burned up probably 10k rounds last year.

For light weight parts, the biggest weight savings for the least amount of $$$ will be in your barrel.  What I mean is, given the same brand and quality, a lighter barrel generally won't cost more but you can save entire pound(s) with your selection.  Meanwhile, saving fractions of ounces with little parts like titanium pistol grip screws etc adds up cost-wise FAST.  Receiver selection I would say is second most important.

With those two components as light as possible, you have a SOLID foundation for a light weight rifle.

White oak is a premium barrel manufacturer and they do now offer 18" barrels that come in at only 1.7 pounds.  My teammate runs one and it is a rock solid performing barrel that doesn't do funny stuff when it gets hot.  

My barrel is their 2.3 pound SPR fluted, and even with the heavier barrel my build only weighs in at 6.75 pounds with optic and empty magazine.  

Keep the operating system at mid-length or longer for a smoother recoil impulse.  A rifle length buffer tube and corresponding buffer will further smooth things out.

https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/shop/barrels/varmint-target-informal-competition/3-gun-mk-223-5-56-18-1-8-twist-w-gas-tube.html

liz.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Did she put it together?

Ah... no.  When her motor skills improve sure.  I built it for her before she turned 1.

1 minute ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

Welcome to the club!  Soon you'll have no idea where your ammo goes.  My wife burned up probably 10k rounds last year.

liz.jpg

Who let the Canadian in?  :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

For light weight parts, the biggest weight savings for the least amount of $$$ will be in your barrel.  What I mean is, given the same brand and quality, a lighter barrel generally won't cost more but you can save entire pound(s) with your selection.  Meanwhile, saving fractions of ounces with little parts like titanium pistol grip screws etc adds up cost-wise FAST.  Receiver selection I would say is second most important.

With those two components as light as possible, you have a SOLID foundation for a light weight rifle.

White oak is a premium barrel manufacturer and they do now offer 18" barrels that come in at only 1.7 pounds.  My teammate runs one and it is a rock solid performing barrel that doesn't do funny stuff when it gets hot.  

My barrel is their 2.3 pound SPR fluted, and even with the heavier barrel my build only weighs in at 6.75 pounds with optic and empty magazine.  

Keep the operating system at mid-length or longer for a smoother recoil impulse.  A rifle length buffer tube and corresponding buffer will further smooth things out.

https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/shop/barrels/varmint-target-informal-competition/3-gun-mk-223-5-56-18-1-8-twist-w-gas-tube.html

liz.jpg

My wife wants to that( 10k) in a month.

or we talking like jus one caliber?