Zeke

High exposure 870 hd

Lemme guess

870 Police Magnum, tricked out by Wilson Combat.  7 + 1, threaded barrel, ghost ring sights, Wilson Combat parts, MRD from either Leupold, Aimpoint or Trijicon.

All that, and it is almost as good as a 590A1.

• Like 1

I’ve posted it before:

F2qt4TN.jpg

Started as a Remington 870 Express Magnum.

I stripped it down to a receiver and mag tube and filled it back up with internal parts from an old Wingmaster: Trigger group and lifter, bolt and slide w/action bars.

Installed Magpul furniture

Mesa railed side saddle

Insight MRDS

Vang Comp barrel

Vang Comp follower

Vang Comp Dome Safety

Scattergun Tech +2 follower (6+1 total)

Insight WMLX light (500 lumens)

and it has a Magpul MS1 sling on it

The action is as slick as snot. 

The Vang Comp barrel patterns my 8 pellet Federal Flight Control or Hornady TAP Low Recoil 00B very well. I can cover all 8 pellets with my fist at 10 yards and with an open hand at 20. Using 00B withoutva flight control was the group opens up a bit, but it’s still amazingly tight.

Tube stays loaded with Winchester Segmenting Slugs and buckshot in the side saddle.

It’s gonna get ghost ring sights soon. Probably Scattergun Tech so I can cowitness through the optic.  

I’m also planning on getting a Berett 1301 ASAFP.

• Like 1

I’ve posted it before:

F2qt4TN.jpg

Started as a Remington 870 Express Magnum.

I stripped it down to a receiver and mag tube and filled it back up with internal parts from an old Wingmaster: Trigger group and lifter, bolt and slide w/action bars.

Installed Magpul furniture

Mesa railed side saddle

Insight MRDS

Vang Comp barrel

Vang Comp follower

Vang Comp Dome Safety

Scattergun Tech +2 follower (6+1 total)

Insight WMLX light (500 lumens)

and it has a Magpul MS1 sling on it

The action is as slick as snot. 

The Vang Comp barrel patterns my 8 pellet Federal Flight Control or Hornady TAP Low Recoil 00B very well. I can cover all 8 pellets with my fist at 10 yards and with an open hand at 20. Using 00B withoutva flight control was the group opens up a bit, but it’s still amazingly tight.

Tube stays loaded with Winchester Segmenting Slugs and buckshot in the side saddle.

It’s gonna get ghost ring sights soon. Probably Scattergun Tech so I can cowitness through the optic.  

I’m also planning on getting a Berett 1301 ASAFP.

Are you working your light as on/off only? I was just thinking how I will be setting up my light on my 590a1

I have the same light and will have the same forearm.

Also have a spare EAG surefire I could use too

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It’s all the switchology.

The lights needs to be in the best place for me to use thebswitch effectively.

On rifles I prefer the light as close to 12:00 as possible. Usually they end up at 10:00-11:00 for lights with clicky tailcaps and 1:00-2:00 for lights with tape switches (I prefer clicky tailcaps, but sometimes a tapenswitch is necessary on rifles with lasers) for two reasons: 

1) I like to use my thumb to activate the lights. I prefer clicks switches with only an on and an off. I hold a rifle with my support hand thumb over the top of the rail at 12:00. Putting the light as near as possible to my thumb makes using the lights easier.

2) Because my light is less likely to be obscured by cover/concealment - The closer to 12:00 the better because then when my sights are clear, my light is likely clear as well.

Now the shotgun is different. I can’t hold ait the same way I do a carbine. I can’t wrap my thumb over the top - Shotgun barrels get HOT! So my thumb sits on the handguard at 9:00. I would prefer the light there, but it’s a no go with the sling - if it was a semi-auto shotgun and I didn’t need to work the action, it would be fine. But working the action, the light and the sling get in each other’s way. So 6:00 is the next best thing. I can activate the light with the knuckle or the pad on my index finger. Not the perfect solution, but it is the best solution I have found other than one of the crazy expensive dedicated Surefire lights.

It’s all the switchology.
The lights needs to be in the best place for me to use thebswitch effectively.
On rifles I prefer the light as close to 12:00 as possible. Usually they end up at 10:00-11:00 for lights with clicky tailcaps and 1:00-2:00 for lights with tape switches (I prefer clicky tailcaps, but sometimes a tapenswitch is necessary on rifles with lasers) for two reasons: 
1) I like to use my thumb to activate the lights. I prefer clicks switches with only an on and an off. I hold a rifle with my support hand thumb over the top of the rail at 12:00. Putting the light as near as possible to my thumb makes using the lights easier.
2) Because my light is less likely to be obscured by cover/concealment - The closer to 12:00 the better because then when my sights are clear, my light is likely clear as well.
Now the shotgun is different. I can’t hold ait the same way I do a carbine. I can’t wrap my thumb over the top - Shotgun barrels get HOT! So my thumb sits on the handguard at 9:00. I would prefer the light there, but it’s a no go with the sling - if it was a semi-auto shotgun and I didn’t need to work the action, it would be fine. But working the action, the light and the sling get in each other’s way. So 6:00 is the next best thing. I can activate the light with the knuckle or the pad on my index finger. Not the perfect solution, but it is the best solution I have found other than one of the crazy expensive dedicated Surefire lights.
Thanks for the comprehensive answer.

I'm a dummy. PSA, don't drink and post...

My light is mounted at 9 o'clock - so the shadow is to the right. It's actually on a mount on the front sight so it's closer to 10 o'clock and activated by a tape switch on the right side of the hand guard.

I should label my boots to get them on the right feet too. Lol.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Lemme guess

870 Police Magnum, tricked out by Wilson Combat.  7 + 1, threaded barrel, ghost ring sights, Wilson Combat parts, MRD from either Leupold, Aimpoint or Trijicon.

All that, and it is almost as good as a 590A1.

Told ya