Sign in to follow this  
louu

The vote 4-16-18 anyone going

I see there is a lot of talk about a rally on Saturday but the fact is politicians don't work on weekends. According to my latest NRA email the senate votes on the 7 bull shit bills on Monday the 16th. It's at 10:30am in Room 4 of the Statehouse Annex, which is one of the larger rooms. I'm guessing it will be packed with people who don't even live in NJ crying about something that has nothing to do with US to get the bills passed.

is anyone going to try to speak or at least be present on our side? I was hoping that would be our mission at the last rally but those criminals knew our plan and they pushed it back to 4-16-18.

16 minutes ago, louu said:

I'm guessing it will be packed with people who don't even live in NJ crying about something that has nothing to do with US to get the bills passed.

Better get there early for a seat. Last time it was packed with those red shirt Moms Demand Action nutcases.

I can't attend, but I did contact the Senators on the committee and made my position abundantly clear.

I hope everyone reading this has done the same!

I'm just curious about something, if you attend this committee meeting do you have to give testimony or can you just go to observe. I wanted to ask because the way I was reading the updates it sounded like they wanted those attending to give testimony.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, planenut said:

I'm just curious about something, if you attend this committee meeting do you have to give testimony or can you just go to observe. I wanted to ask because the way I was reading the updates it sounded like they wanted those attending to give testimony.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Here's what ANJRPC sent (my emphasis in red bold):

In order to testify, you must fill out a testimony slip when you enter the hearing room, and hand it to the clerk indicating you wish to testify. You will need to indicate your name, organization (if any), bill number, and whether you wish to testify for or against. You can also indicate your position with no need to testify. You must complete a testimony slip for each bill you want to testify on.

Clearly, testifying is optional (which I would expect). Frankly, it ticks me off that a lot of these "Moms Demand Action" folks are housewifey types without careers - mind you, I'm not dissing a stay-at-home mom - but it's definitely easier for them to just pop over to Trenton on a workday!

So, I would say this --- if there's ANY WAY you can go on Monday, please do... for all of us! Wear a pro-2A T-shirt or hat which will immediately "signal" which side you're on - all without even speaking a word. :D