Ray Ray

I didn't want to, but.......

38 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

I don't think apathy is the sole reason people are not showing up or getting involved.  There is plenty of apathy out there, but I think the silent majority is not apathetic at all,

I think there are a multitude of reasons people with a vested interest are not getting involved.  We just need to nail those reasons down.  In sales, the way you make a deal is by overcoming objections.  Price too high, quality not good, wrong color, too heavy, there are a million ways a deal can fall through.  Successful salesmen are successful because they know how to overcome objections. 

We need to engage people and find out why they are not going to rallies, writing e-mails to  elected officials and so on.  More than half the people I know that have guns don't even shoot them on a regular basis.  It's an uphill battle and we need soldiers who are also diplomats.

You're on to something!  Why do women go to these painting parties?  Because it's FUN!  And WINE is involved!

How about we think outside the box & hold a meet-up at someone's office or home and have a gathering to PRINT & mail letters and make phone calls?  Add pizza & beer, and MAKE IT FUN!  You want to overcome objections?  MAKE IT FUN to be a Patriot!

• Like 1

I just got back from my first school board meeting and had a Eureka moment. We need to be at these meetings and others like it. The meeting was about school security and how our Anti Superintendent cancelled recess.

Many people at these meetings are vocal and active in social media and most importantly are Antis. I spoke to 3 of them during a break. Two women and a man. I mentioned how concealed carry would make us all safer. One woman walked away. The other woman and the man had a civil discussion. Both were very surprised to learn the truth. About how hard it really is to get a firearm in NJ, how there is no gunshow loophole, how we have a background check system, and the truth about how many mass school shootings actually occurred this year. They both were shocked and both asked if we have these laws why are they pushing for more. My answer was good question. They actually said it sounds very unfair. I believe both will now go and check my facts and hopefully confirm and learn the truth and maybe change their views. Especially since two school board members who were older Jewish women chimed in and agreed with me. Turned out they were both Pro Gun. In my experience most older Jewish women I have met are pro gun. I think we need to get them involved with our cause. They are very active in communities and being retired have time on their hands.

For the record the outcome of the meeting was that recess is reinstated in our school district. Also the superintendent and rest of the board admitted they gave into cancelling recess because at the last meeting 250 people spoke that they thought recess was a major security threat. Tonight the vast majority was there to speak out for recess. The board implored us to be at meetings when events happen. Basically admitting that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

WHEN WE'RE ALL DONE PISSING DOWN EACH OTHER'S BACKS, THERE'S STILL PATRIOT SHIT THAT NEEDS DONE!

A forum is a great resource UNTIL ____________(fill-in the blank)!  

I'm planning a Sporting Clays fundraiser today that will expose Fudds to the Second Amendment scene.  Anyone HERE interested in doing something where some one-on-one interaction can happen?  Anyone wanna be a sponsor?  A participant?  Both?  

I feel the frustration, I really do!  Now take that misplaced ENERGY & DIRECT IT AT THE ENEMY and NOT each other!

Rosey

what does sponsoring entail? i more often than not cannot make it out to these things.......if i can afford, i'll sponsor though

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

WHEN WE'RE ALL DONE PISSING DOWN EACH OTHER'S BACKS, THERE'S STILL PATRIOT SHIT THAT NEEDS DONE!

A forum is a great resource UNTIL ____________(fill-in the blank)!  

I'm planning a Sporting Clays fundraiser today that will expose Fudds to the Second Amendment scene.  Anyone HERE interested in doing something where some one-on-one interaction can happen?  Anyone wanna be a sponsor?  A participant?  Both?  

I feel the frustration, I really do!  Now take that misplaced ENERGY & DIRECT IT AT THE ENEMY and NOT each other!

Rosey

Interesting.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

Also the superintendent and rest of the board admitted they gave into cancelling recess because at the last meeting 250 people spoke that they thought recess was a major security threat. Tonight the vast majority was there to speak out for recess.

It's almost like critical thinking skills have completely left the population and replace with illogical emotion. My question to the school board would be "how many schools are there across the country?", "how many schools have recess?", "how many kids have been gunned down by a mass shooter during recess at these schools?"

Then I would just give them a "duh" look?????

2 hours ago, capt14k said:

In my experience most older Jewish women I have met are pro gun. I think we need to get them involved with our cause. 

I think I've lost count at this point of how many Eastern European and/or Jewish people I have met that are strong supporters of not just gun ownership, but personal freedom and independence in general. Wow what a surprise, people with a background of being persecuted by Nazis and communists are not a fan of left wing bullshit. Go figure! 

I agree we need to make inroads with these demographics. If I could travel back in time thirty years, I'd tell pro-gun lobbyists to being their message to African American and Hispanic communities as well. People with a history of opression and dysfunctional communities would be quite receptive to the overall message of personal freedom and safety. I feel it may be a bit late for this now but still think it's better than nothing, we need these demographics as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, capt14k said:

I just got back from my first school board meeting and had a Eureka moment. We need to be at these meetings and others like it. The meeting was about school security and how our Anti Superintendent cancelled recess.

Many people at these meetings are vocal and active in social media and most importantly are Antis. I spoke to 3 of them during a break. Two women and a man. I mentioned how concealed carry would make us all safer. One woman walked away. The other woman and the man had a civil discussion. Both were very surprised to learn the truth. About how hard it really is to get a firearm in NJ, how there is no gunshow loophole, how we have a background check system, and the truth about how many mass school shootings actually occurred this year. They both were shocked and both asked if we have these laws why are they pushing for more. My answer was good question. They actually said it sounds very unfair. I believe both will now go and check my facts and hopefully confirm and learn the truth and maybe change their views. Especially since two school board members who were older Jewish women chimed in and agreed with me. Turned out they were both Pro Gun. In my experience most older Jewish women I have met are pro gun. I think we need to get them involved with our cause. They are very active in communities and being retired have time on their hands.

For the record the outcome of the meeting was that recess is reinstated in our school district. Also the superintendent and rest of the board admitted they gave into cancelling recess because at the last meeting 250 people spoke that they thought recess was a major security threat. Tonight the vast majority was there to speak out for recess. The board implored us to be at meetings when events happen. Basically admitting that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Well done....

School boards and admins know nothing about security....  they live their lives with rose colored glasses and can't make the tough choices.

Pm me if you need info.....

• Like 2

I think I've lost count at this point of how many Eastern European and/or Jewish people I have met that are strong supporters of not just gun ownership, but personal freedom and independence in general. Wow what a surprise, people with a background of being persecuted by Nazis and communists are not a fan of left wing bullshit. Go figure! 

I agree we need to make inroads with these demographics. If I could travel back in time thirty years, I'd tell pro-gun lobbyists to being their message to African American and Hispanic communities as well. People with a history of opression and dysfunctional communities would be quite receptive to the overall message of personal freedom and safety. I feel it may be a bit late for this now but still think it's better than nothing, we need these demographics as well.

I agree and I think we are doing far too little with all of them. Maybe we try and talk to Majong groups too? Which I am serious about. Far too many really have no clue what the laws are. The one guy last night seemed pretty informed and he really believed there were no background checks in other states and that I could travel to PA to buy a firearm at a gunshow without any paperwork.

When I relayed an experience with trying to buy a Hungarian M44 Mosin Nagant at a PA show and 3 dealers refused to facilitate the transfer because they thought NJ Law didn't allow me to own one because of the attached bayonet, and finally a 4th dealer who knew the law and ran the PICS transferred it he was quite surprised.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, capt14k said:

WELL DONE!  Now please continue to do the follow-up required to see this to a conclusion, hopefully one in which one of these parents gets infected & becomes a gun owner!  

To ALL:  THIS IS HOW IT GETS DONE!  EACH ONE REACH ONE!  PLANT SEEDS & WATCH 'EM GROW!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

what does sponsoring entail? i more often than not cannot make it out to these things.......if i can afford, i'll sponsor though

Thanks for asking!  It's really easy:  You can pick a predetermined dollar amount of $50 & up, sponsor 3 golf carts @ $20 each = $60 (or sponsor X number of carts, you pick the number), sponsor the breakfast OR the lunch either in whole or in part, make a straight donation to offset the events' expenses or ANY combination thereof. 

We may also explore the sponsorship of each of the 16 Stations along the Sporting Clays course, with a sign being made & placed at each Station?  

All donations are both state & federally tax-deductible since we're a 501(c)3 charitable & educational Non-Profit.  You will receive a receipt to use for your taxes.  The proceeds can be earmarked towards LAWSUITS already in-the-works OR ones that we think need to be filed.

So even if you can't make it, YOU can be a YUGE help in the FIGHT!

Thanks again for asking!

Rosey

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

It's almost like critical thinking skills have completely left the population and replace with illogical emotion. My question to the school board would be "how many schools are there across the country?", "how many schools have recess?", "how many kids have been gunned down by a mass shooter during recess at these schools?"

Then I would just give them a "duh" look?????

Recess is the only time the kids aren't packed into a confined space, like fish in a barrel.

Recess is the only time the kids aren't packed into a confined space, like fish in a barrel.

Exactly to both comments. Funny thing is people are crying on Facebook today that the board reversed the decision because now their child is singled out, but it is these moronic, neurotic parents that are causing their child to be singled out because they signed paperwork so that their child can't go outside for recess.

4 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

Thanks for asking!  It's really easy:  You can pick a predetermined dollar amount of $50 & up, sponsor 3 golf carts @ $20 each = $60 (or sponsor X number of carts, you pick the number), sponsor the breakfast OR the lunch either in whole or in part, make a straight donation to offset the events' expenses or ANY combination thereof. 

We may also explore the sponsorship of each of the 16 Stations along the Sporting Clays course, with a sign being made & placed at each Station?  

All donations are both state & federally tax-deductible since we're a 501(c)3 charitable & educational Non-Profit.  You will receive a receipt to use for your taxes.  The proceeds can be earmarked towards LAWSUITS already in-the-works OR ones that we think need to be filed.

Thanks again for asking!

Rosey

20 bucks to sponsor a cart?

• Like 1

I have to say I am also disgusted and appalled that removing recess is even a consideration. Pediatricians say childhood obesity is a national health crisis. Psychologists now warn that children spending excessive time on social media hinders mental development and causes all sorts of other mental health issues.

Seems only logical to take away the only time outdoors running around that this kids might have...wow this makes me angry...

41 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

20 bucks to sponsor a cart?

Yes, that's the actual billed cost to us for each golf cart.  A cart will hold a foursome, their ammo & scatterguns.  We're not tacking-on any "mark-up"  :) 

23 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

Yes, that's the actual billed cost to us for each golf cart.  A cart will hold a foursome, their ammo & scatterguns.  We're not tacking-on any "mark-up"  :) 

I’ll sponsor 5 carts.  Can I PayPal friends and family the money to you?  I don’t actually have a checkbook and don’t care to write it off.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

Thanks again for asking!

Rosey

Would love to help out!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

I’ll sponsor 5 carts.  Can I PayPal friends and family the money to you?  I don’t actually have a checkbook and don’t care to write it off.  

Thanks so much Rob!  Like BHunted mentioned above^^^, going to the website's Donate Page is all you need to do:

http://www.cnjfo.com/Donate will get you right where you need to be.  Follow the prompts & thanks again from all of us at the Coalition!

49 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

Thanks so much Rob!  Like BHunted mentioned above^^^, going to the website's Donate Page is all you need to do:

http://www.cnjfo.com/Donate will get you right where you need to be.  Follow the prompts & thanks again from all of us at the Coalition!

All taken care of.  

• Like 2