Cemeterys Gun Blob

Whineburg: Prohibit Travel to Gun Friendly States.

JT Custom Guns posted this linkage in another thread;

http://amgoa.org/gun-law-texts/get_bill.php?state=NJ&file_name=/2018/S2402-Introduced-2018-04-05.html

And it's pretty much virtue signaling.  Remember when a few states passed what the Left said was anti LGBT laws, regarding bathrooms mostly likely?  Indiana was one of those states, and the outcry and boycott was successful in that Indiana, and other states, had to rescind those laws.  

So that being said, Whineburg is hoping to basically do the same thing here.

Latest from NJ.com

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/04/a_new_nj_gun_bill_that_goes_after_the_nra.html

"Fighting the NRA on the basis logic and rational thinking has not worked," Weinberg, D-Bergen, said. "So I think the thing that might work is fighting them with their pocketbook."

......'eye roll'......

18 minutes ago, EX Carnival man said:

Thank God. Keep the liberal poison from spreading. 

I’m not really sure why taxpayers are funding any interstate travel to be honest. Our elected officials should care bout us. Primarily.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

So next time NJ requires help, as it has in the past, to get power lines back up, trees cleared, etc after major storms I'm sure they'll be refusing such help from pro gun state's.  Right?

Interesting angle. Does that mean that NJTF1 won’t deploy to these states “unworthy”? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

Interesting angle. Does that mean that NJTF1 won’t deploy to these states “unworthy”? 

Just posted below to our "friend" Sentaor Loretta Weinberg on her FB page.

Have sent t friend request to Senator Linda Greenstein to inquire the same with her.

I think everyone else should question the logic and pettiness of such legislation.

I have question about your recently proposed NJ Sentate bill that "Prohibits State-sponsored travel to states lacking permit to purchase firearms laws"

Would this restriction apply to instances of neighboring state, such as PA, being the vicitim of a terror attack that needs assistance from NJ? Such as from the NJ Task Force One Urban Search and Rescue team or other NJ State funded rescue teams? Would we really deny help to other US citizens based on how that State chooses to govern itself?

How would NJ citizens in need of assistance feel if "pro" 2nd Amendment States refused to come to the aid of NJ, as they have in the past to help restore power after major storms, or in the even of a future terror attack?

New Jersey is in the minortiy when it comes to it's firearm laws in regards to the rest of the nation. Is it really a good idea to put ourselves at a disadvantage if we were to ever require the assistance of neighboring states? To say nothing of the negative goodwill it generates between other State's whose citizens flock to the NJ Shores every summer?

I would expect better from our leaders.

• Like 6