SJG

NJ Senate LIve on Gun Bills

@Scorpio64, you may be correct about the fear versus apathy. I used the wrong word, it's not apathy per se. I think many are simply overwhelmed with their day-to-day lives to pay close attention.

Many of my generation are helping to raise grandchildren (physically and/or financially), managing elderly parents, and trying to figure out if they can retire (or if retired, trying to figure out how to make their money stretch). Every generation has something, I can only speak to what I know.

Plus, the constant bombardment from the media about every impending "crisis" (like a snowstorm) creates an environment where many people tune it all out. People are on overload. That's what I meant by apathy, although it's not the correct term. As you said, maybe people are living in a constant state of fear about everything.

Whatever the cause, it's real. That's why I believe that a change in tactics should at least be considered. Let's learn from the successes of the antis. Primarily, their financial backing. I find it hard to believe that there are no wealthy people or corporations who are pro-2A. Firearm manufacturers? Ammunition manufacturers?

As I said before, I have no idea how to even begin the search so maybe my words ring hollow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

Fox News should run All in The Family episodes nightly. Maybe then people wouldn't get their panties in a bunch when they hear a "bad" word.

The thought of that makes me laugh out loud! I would love to see that happen and watch the horror. :D

2 hours ago, Gunsrlegal said:

Plus, the constant bombardment from the media about every impending "crisis" (like a snowstorm) creates an environment where many people tune it all out. People are on overload. That's what I meant by apathy, although it's not the correct term. As you said, maybe people are living in a constant state of fear about everything.

This I agree with this 100%.  People of every generation say "back then, life was simpler", and it was.  Now we are constantly connected to something, whether it be the libtarded 24 hour news cycle, streaming tv and movie content, facebook, snap chat, cell phones, computers, and so on.  You can't even drive somewhere without being tracked and if you get into an accident, the first thing police do after the first aid folks check you out is download the data from your car's on board computer.  Ideally, all these things were meant to make life easier but it has in fact had an opposite effect.

We are being kept busy as a distraction to what's going on behind the curtain.  That's why so many people these days are single issue voters, there is no way to keep track of everything that's going on.  I don't think it's apathy either, it's paying attention to what's on fire right now which leaves little time to give any attention or energy to anything else.  We are being run ragged.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

We are being kept busy as a distraction to what's going on behind the curtain.  That's why so many people these days are single issue voters, there is no way to keep track of everything that's going on.  I don't think it's apathy either, it's paying attention to what's on fire right now which leaves little time to give any attention or energy to anything else.  We are being run ragged.

^^^^This 100%^^^^

On 4/19/2018 at 11:30 AM, Zeke said:

Look at N.J. Nics numbers for a better barometer. Or scale it down.. I personally know very few people without at least 1 firearm in their home.( granted the birds of a feather analogy)

Fun with New Jersey NICS numbers!

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year_by_state.pdf/view

Over the Obama years -- beginning with November 2008 (election) and ending January 2017 (Trump inauguration) there were 695,181 NICS background checks for New Jersey. (One, and only one of those background checks was for my wife.)

In 1999, the first full year of NICS, there were 38,601 background checks for New Jersey.

In 2001, the first year of the Bush 43 presidency, there were 39,527 background checks for New Jersey.

in 2009, the first year of the Obama presidency, there were 55,530 NICS background checks for New Jersey.

In 2017, the first year of the Trump presidency, there were 103,739 background checks for New Jersey.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jaybirdtke said:

Any update status/revision on A2761?

* A2761: Ban magazines in the state that hold more than 10 rounds, with some exceptions. It passed 48-25, with 3 abstentions.

I think the state Senate meets in June. 

• Like 1