InFamous

Non-Resident Permits No Longer Honored in PA INCLUDING NH and TX

No automatic alt text available.

This was apparently signed today by the PA AG. Lots of talk on it on FB. I just wanted to inform the non FB ppl. At least the NH one is an easy permit to get and still good in 26 other states. I wonder how much that phantom guy stood up and protected our 2A rights in PA and opposed this....

7 minutes ago, InFamous said:

No automatic alt text available.

This was apparently signed today by the PA AG. Lots of talk on it on FB. I just wanted to inform the non FB ppl. At least the NH one is an easy permit to get and still good in 26 other states. I wonder how much that phantom guy stood up and protected our 2A rights in PA and opposed this....

So, to clarify, it's only "non resident" licenses that are affected by this (NH included).  PA, for example will still honor "resident" permits from States like Florida...  

Here is the Hangunlaw.us listing for PA, effective today (tomorrow, officially):

handgunlaw_us_PA.thumb.jpg.1927a763141d9556a48e7fa1fc6602b1.jpg

1 minute ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

So, to clarify, it's only "non resident" licenses that are affected by this (NH included).  PA, for example will still honor "resident" permits from States like Florida...  

Here is the Hangunlaw.us listing for PA, effective today (tomorrow, officially):

handgunlaw_us_PA.thumb.jpg.1927a763141d9556a48e7fa1fc6602b1.jpg

Correct. Resident permits are still honored. If you own a non-resident it's no longer honored. 

Very disappointed. I was so proud of the fact I had the opportunity to obtain my Texas CCW last year. Concealed carried in Pa one time. Was a wonderful first time experience.  My Tx and Nh non-resident permits are definitely now a no-go. I feel like more than ever our 2A rights are under siege in so many ways. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 9X19 said:

PA has entered the race to the bottom. 

For their sake lets hope their Hunters like to vote more than ours.

PA joins the Eastern states in foolishness. 

Hopefully their hunters will vote, they sell more than 600,000 resident firearm hunting licenses each year, and some 300,000 bow hunting licenses. But the anti-gun agenda is spreading. New Jersey hasn't broken the six-figure license mark combined since the 90's. 

This is all BS......the only way it will ever be made right is through the Fed. and that is not likely to happen....OMO.

New Hampshire being an Open state, I thought residents do not need a permit.....so, now they must pay 100 bucks to get a state permit to carry in Pa.....BS.....OMO.

The AG was probably flooded with emails, phone calls and letters from assholes in New Jersey asking if they can carry in his state.  He probably didn't even pay attention to it but the big mouths ruined it for the rest of us.

Loose lips sink ships

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

The AG was probably flooded with emails, phone calls and letters from assholes in New Jersey asking if they can carry in his state.  He probably didn't even pay attention to it but the big mouths ruined it for the rest of us.

Loose lips sink ships

Yep

8 hours ago, capt14k said:

Everyone should now open carry in PA.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

WON'T WORK KURT!  "STATE OF EMERGENCY" IS NOW IN EFFECT!  NO OPEN CARRYING DURING STATE OF EMERGENCY!  So the Governor re-issued the State of Emergency for the "Opioid Crisis", thereby PROHIBITING OPEN CARRY!  Joshua Prince wrote about this as soon as Wolf put it into effect the first time, upon his election last year!

PA. ATTORNEY GEN. CANCELS NH NON-RESIDENT CCW!
NEW AGREEMENT EFF. 4-16-18 SHAFTS NJ CARRIERS!
by Black Wire Media Tuesday April 17, 2018 www.cnjfo.com

In a move that some knew was coming after the renewal of PA Governor Tom Wolf's "State of Emergency" that technically restricted OPEN CARRY in Pennsylvania, the PA Attorney General's office announced yesterday that effective immediately ALL NON-RESIDENT CONCEALED CARRY IN PA must be done while holding a CCW issued by YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE! This effectively shuts-down the New Hampshire non-resident permit currently in use by NJ residents that can't get the Unicorn of their dreams, a NJ carry permit! Hat tip to Eric Spinks & member Matthew Tamasco. https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/…/04/Reciprocity-Summary.pdf

WON'T WORK KURT!  "STATE OF EMERGENCY" IS NOW IN EFFECT!  NO OPEN CARRYING DURING STATE OF EMERGENCY!  So the Governor re-issued the State of Emergency for the "Opioid Crisis", thereby PROHIBITING OPEN CARRY!  Joshua Prince wrote about this as soon as Wolf put it into effect the first time, upon his election last year!

PA. ATTORNEY GEN. CANCELS NH NON-RESIDENT CCW!

NEW AGREEMENT EFF. 4-16-18 SHAFTS NJ CARRIERS!

by Black Wire Media Tuesday April 17, 2018 www.cnjfo.com

In a move that some knew was coming after the renewal of PA Governor Tom Wolf's "State of Emergency" that technically restricted OPEN CARRY in Pennsylvania, the PA Attorney General's office announced yesterday that effective immediately ALL NON-RESIDENT CONCEALED CARRY IN PA must be done while holding a CCW issued by YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE! This effectively shuts-down the New Hampshire non-resident permit currently in use by NJ residents that can't get the Unicorn of their dreams, a NJ carry permit! Hat tip to Eric Spinks & member Matthew Tamasco. https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/…/04/Reciprocity-Summary.pdf

There is a lot of misinformation about the effect of the emergency proclamation from both sides. This comes from the way the law itself is written.

First I assume order is still in effect? It was initially for 90 days.

Edit: Yes it was extended April 10 for an additional 90 days.

There is an exemption for open carry if one is actively defending themselves. One could argue that is why one always carries. That maybe tough.

As far as car carry one just needs to have a CCW. It does not have to be a CCW for which there is a reprococity agreement.

Now this last exemption I think also applies to those with a CCW Permit.

15) Any person who possesses a valid and lawfully issued license or permit to carry a firearm which has been issued under the laws of another state, regardless of whether a reciprocity agreement exists between the Commonwealth and the state under section 6109(k), provided:

(i) The state provides a reciprocal privilege for individuals licensed to carry firearms under section 6109.

(ii) The Attorney General has determined that the firearm laws of the state are similar to the firearm laws of this Commonwealth.

(16) Any person holding a license in accordance with section 6109(f)(3).

Prince Law Blog is usually very good but the Governor's office has been arguing he is wrong. Not sure I would want to test who is right so may be best to wait til the State of Emergency is over.

https://blog.princelaw.com/2018/01/10/are-the-great-american-outdoors-show-gaos-and-state-game-land-hunting-in-jeopardy-as-a-result-of-governor-wolfs-proclamation-of-emergency/

@BobA

I don't know if Murphy has anything to do with this...

According to the AG's website, this "study" was underway for a year. I think this has more to do with Pennsylvania having some progressives in high office and not being quite so "red" anymore. This is how Josh Shapiro is described on the AG's official website:

Josh’s work has earned him a national reputation as a rising progressive leader and bipartisan consensus builder [...] As Chairman of the Montgomery County Board of Commissioners Josh led an historic fiscal turnaround, helped the first LGBT couples in Pennsylvania marry....

Soooo.. when someone feels a need to trumpet their LGBT credentials on their official website (who after all, represent only a VERY small part of the population), can more gun control really be that far behind? 

[mention=8941]BobA[/mention]
I don't know if Murphy has anything to do with this...
According to the AG's website, this "study" was underway for a year. I think this has more to do with Pennsylvania having some progressives in high office and not being quite so "red" anymore. This is how Josh Shapiro is described on the AG's official website:

Josh’s work has earned him a national reputation as a rising progressive leader and bipartisan consensus builder [...] As Chairman of the Montgomery County Board of Commissioners Josh led an historic fiscal turnaround, helped the first LGBT couples in Pennsylvania marry....

Soooo.. when someone feels a need to trumpet their LGBT credentials on their official website (who after all, represent only a VERY small part of the population), can more gun control really be that far behind? 

PA is finished. There isn't a chance I would think of a permanent move there anymore. Stop gap move is still a real possibility. You have to go to Indiana or Tennessee to find a truly free safe state. All of them North are in the same place as NJ or PA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, capt14k said:

There is a lot of misinformation about the effect of the emergency proclamation from both sides. This comes from the way the law itself is written.

First I assume order is still in effect? It was initially for 90 days.

There is an exemption for open carry if one is actively defending themselves. One could argue that is why one always carries. That maybe tough.

As far as car carry one just needs to have a CCW. It does not have to be a CCW for which there is a reprococity agreement.

Now this last exemption I think also applies to those with a CCW Permit.

15) Any person who possesses a valid and lawfully issued license or permit to carry a firearm which has been issued under the laws of another state, regardless of whether a reciprocity agreement exists between the Commonwealth and the state under section 6109(k), provided:
(i) The state provides a reciprocal privilege for individuals licensed to carry firearms under section 6109.
(ii) The Attorney General has determined that the firearm laws of the state are similar to the firearm laws of this Commonwealth.
(16) Any person holding a license in accordance with section 6109(f)(3).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 90-day Order was re-issued upon its' expiration, and since a law doesn't yet prevent the continued reissue, one can expect Wolf to keep issuing them.  Car carry looks like it's still viable against car-jacking, but don't leave the vehicle with a loaded sidearm!  The "trick" will be to crawl thru the car to get to the unloaded sidearm whilst on the side of the road upon entering PA!  Cause you can't stand in the road with a loaded sidearm in PA, sooooo, for all intentions, the BAN on NJ residents looks to be effective.  The last laws you quoted have been superseded by the AG's Order effective yesterday.  Plain Text reading equates to NO non-resident CCW permits will be recognized, 'cept for Virginia's which will expire next month.

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

Loose lips sink ships

There is probably a lot of truth to this.

And before you all start harping how bad PA sucks you need to reflect on how much worse NJ is. Let's not forget that NJ does not have reciprocity with anyone... that is the main problem here. If NJ actually issued CCW to it's citizens then this would be a non-issue. Sorry to hear about this ruling.

The 90-day Order was re-issued upon its' expiration, and since a law doesn't yet prevent the continued reissue, one can expect Wolf to keep issuing them.  Car carry looks like it's still viable against car-jacking, but don't leave the vehicle with a loaded sidearm!  The "trick" will be to crawl thru the car to get to the unloaded sidearm whilst on the side of the road upon entering PA!  Cause you can't stand in the road with a loaded sidearm in PA, sooooo, for all intentions, the BAN on NJ residents looks to be effective.  The last laws you quoted have been superseded by the AG's Order effective yesterday.  Plain Text reading equates to NO non-resident CCW permits will be recognized, 'cept for Virginia's which will expire next month.

That is the odd thing the law says regardless of reprococity agreements. This is in reference to state of emergency and open carry. Concealed Carry is out for sure. There is reprococity from NH and other states and the laws are the same because otherwise all reprococity would be cancelled. Either way I would wait til State of Emergency ends before attempting to open carry. He may not be able to extend indefinitely due to pressure and monetary costs.