InFamous

Non-Resident Permits No Longer Honored in PA INCLUDING NH and TX

3 minutes ago, capt14k said:

That is the off thing the law says regardless of reprococity agreements. This is in reference to state of emergency and open carry. Concealed Carry is out for sure.

NO concealed carry is allowed during a state of emergency with a PA LTCF.

NO concealed carry is allowed during a state of emergency with a PA LTCF.

Not sure what you mean. Concealed carry is allowed with LTCF correct?

Without LTCF or reprococity concealed carry isn't allowed.

So this only affects open carry no?

When I said concealed carry is out I meant for us in NJ. No offense I don't care about PA residents.

1 minute ago, capt14k said:

Not sure what you mean.
So this only affects open carry no?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

yes that is true sorry I misunderstood what you wrote prior. Apologies,

18 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

PA is out, Vermont is now out.  Running out of states to retreat to.  Stand and Fight.

Nick hate to disagree  - VT is FAR from out - 

The initial step has been taken - and they all take a step - there seems to be a backlash brewing.

yes that is true sorry I misunderstood what you wrote prior. Apologies,

No problem. It is all very confusing. Either way we are screwed again and PA Residents I fear will be getting screwed more and more. They can only blame themselves for voting Democrats into governor's and AG office. Then they vote a Dem into Congress in a district Trump won by 22 points. They are really showing Trump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

As troubling as it is to learn of this, it would be far worse to not know about it.  The hodgepodge of ever-changing laws make concealed carry truly perilous.  The consequences of not knowing about a capricious change like this are a potential felony conviction, possible prison time, and the permanent loss of the right to own firearms in all 50 states. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Why move anywhere?  STAND AND FIGHT

Because of a few things - Guns only being one of them.....  Taxes - Quality of Life - Sanctuary Madness etc.

The life that I saw in NJ 20 odd years ago and was able to carve out is untenable today for most.  The State is dying and needs to completely crash and hopefully rise like a phoenix.

Gun's?  We do not have the depth of personnel to make a major move electorally in my opinion to thwart this onslaught.  *Maybe* if the trend of engagement and filling the ranks continues, you have a chance 15-20 years from now to see changes - I will be 71 and long gone in 20 years.  As I have stated, the battles being lost now are do to the apathy in my opinion of the last 20 or so years plus.  The future of the state of NJ and the 2A in the state rests with the kids - without them it is done and not only here.

Some will call it running, some will call it retreating - I think of it as a tactical redirection and consolidation of troops.

But in the end, all this is means nothing, until there is an engagement by SCOTUS to rule and then those willing at a state level to sue to fight for their rights.

• Like 3

If anyone thinks that moving will solve the problem, especially after the changes in PA, FL and VT recently, it is those people who have lost touch with reality.  Nick is absolutely right.  If you want to ignore reality and take the easy way out, maybe you guys should join the progressive movement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darrenf said:

If anyone thinks that moving will solve the problem, especially after the changes in PA, FL and VT recently, it is those people who have lost touch with reality.  Nick is absolutely right.  If you want to ignore reality and take the easy way out, maybe you guys should join the progressive movement.

What change in PA? and how does it affect it's residents? Maybe I missed something.

1 minute ago, carl_g said:

What change in PA? and how does it affect it's residents? Maybe I missed something.

You sure did miss something.  The tide of gun control passing states we thought were safe.  If you want to try to make it seem like this isn't bad simply because it doesn't effect PA residents yet, you truly do have your head buried. 

3 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

You sure did miss something.  The tide of gun control passing states we thought were safe.  If you want to try to make it seem like this isn't bad simply because it doesn't effect PA residents yet, you truly do have your head buried. 

No gun control laws have passed. The AG closed a loophole that apparently you were exploiting. I won't judge anyone on that cause I would do the same thing if I was there. Reciprocity is alive and well for residents of the states that PA has agreements with. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carl_g said:

No gun control laws have passed. The AG closed a loophole that apparently you were exploiting. I won't judge anyone on that cause I would do the same thing if I was there. Reciprocity is alive and well for residents of the states that PA has agreements with. 

nonexistent loopholes just like the so called gun show ones...

Still - the real answer is national reciprocity.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, carl_g said:

Loophole? You sound just like Shannon Watts.  I notice you also missed the point of my post.  I'll reiterate it to make it clear. Moving won't solve the problem. The problem will only grow without people fighting it.  

it goes beyond guns about me moving.   I am tired working for "the man" and then getting raped by the gov't.  I dont have kids, but pay $9k in taxes.   NJ sucks!   -Im no longer greedy.......time to find a cheaper place to live.   

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

nonexistent loopholes just like the so called gun show ones...

Still - the real answer is national reciprocity.

Call it whatever you like.. its a workaround and like I said before, all this stems from the original problem of NJ not issuing CCW permits nor having reciprocity with anyone. So stop blaming other states for your problems.

• Like 1

Stand and Fight fine let's Fight. Wait that won't work because few are willing to put their freedom on the line. This has been admitted by many on this forum. If those who go to the rallies won't fight how many do you think will? I got news for everyone complying is not fighting. So it's lawsuits and fund raising for those lawsuits. Also need to be able to buy politicians and protestors. The key to it all is money.

If we dont at least attempt to raise real money then we will not win. If we can't raise real money we will not win. Chessman go fund me was at $10k last I looked. Let's face reality that is chump change. It will always be chump change if we are trying to raise $35-$100 at a time. Hopefully we can change this. If we can not raise real money I'm leaving, because there are far too few who are willing to stand and really Fight.

• Like 4

Call it what you want but PA is trending toward joining the Communist States. Utah non Resident as well as NH would be good in PA if the people didn't vote in Democrats to the Governor and AG Offices.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

Why move anywhere?  STAND AND FIGHT

The high cost of living is prime reason im looking to gtfo.   The gun issue is just a cherry on top.  Jersey is just way to freaking expensive with no relief in sight.  This dipshit of a gov is going to continue to tax us to death here.

• Like 3

Just now, Lakota said:

The high cost of living is prime reason im looking to gtfo.   The gun issue is just a cherry on top.  Jersey is just way to freaking expensive with no relief in sight.  This dipshit of a gov is going to continue to tax us to death here.

And you think you are the only one feeling that?  People too dumb to realize those taxes are the result of democratic policies also move due to the pain, and then vote as they always have.  Moving isn't going to solve anything, it will just delay it for you. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Call it what you want but PA is trending toward joining the Communist States. Utah non Resident as well as NH would be good in PA if the people didn't vote in Democrats to the Governor and AG Offices.

Would they? Is it a Democratic/Republican issue? Or is it PA just can't stand Jersey Jerkoffs showing up just to carry guns? As far as I can tell it only affects Jersey residents. 

1 minute ago, diamondd817 said:

Would they? Is it a Democratic/Republican issue? Or is it PA just can't stand Jersey Jerkoffs showing up just to carry guns? As far as I can tell it only affects Jersey residents. 

Yeah, it must suck having tourism fueled by law abiding citizens who want to taste the freedom your state offered.  Let's quash that right away.  Does that sound like a Republican idea?

• Like 1

It affects Maryland Residents as well. It's an Anti Gun thing and yes a Democrat thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Darrenf said:

Yeah, it must suck having tourism fueled by law abiding citizens who want to taste the freedom your state offered.  Let's quash that right away.  Does that sound like a Republican idea?

It only affects NJ gun carrying tourism. Which on a the scale of things is miniscule. Gun carrying tourism from other States will be in unaffected. I think they just got  against Jersey residents. 

38 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

You are comparing apples and oranges - do you know what passed in Vermont?

I will tell you - 

10 round mag limit for rifles for new purchases - all other magazines - grandfathered

15 Round limit for handguns

Raise the age to buy a firearm to 21 UNLESS you passed a hunter safety course and then it doesn't apply

*NOW* - that being said this is clearly apples and oranges and the door has been opened *BUT* if you look at the behind the scenes VT talk - the backlash is coming.  There is already and a DEM at that calling for repeal and he is running against the current governor as I understand it.

20 minutes ago, CageFighter said:

it goes beyond guns about me moving.   I am tired working for "the man" and then getting raped by the gov't.  I dont have kids, but pay $9k in taxes.   NJ sucks!   -Im no longer greedy.......time to find a cheaper place to live.   

I commute door to door to manhattan 4 days a week - morning 2.75 hours maybe 3 depending - home 2 hours...then work some more at home to make up for that I split at 4pm.

Some quality of life - and the wage needed is in manhattan currently.  Time is coming to leave.