InFamous

Non-Resident Permits No Longer Honored in PA INCLUDING NH and TX

10 minutes ago, capt14k said:

It affects Maryland Residents as well. It's an Anti Gun thing and yes a Democrat thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not like NJ residents. MD carry permits are attainable. This is clearly aimed at NJ residents. 

Just now, USRifle30Cal said:

You are comparing apples and oranges - do you know what passed in Vermont?

I will tell you - 

10 round mag limit for rifles for new purchases - all other magazines - grandfathered

15 Round limit for handguns

Raise the age to buy a firearm to 21 UNLESS you passed a hunter safety course and then it doesn't apply

*NOW* - that being said this is clearly apples and oranges and the door has been opened *BUT* if you look at the behind the scenes VT talk - the backlash is coming.  There is already and a DEM at that calling for repeal and he is running against the current governor as I understand it.

Moving in the wrong direction is moving in the wrong direction.  I know exactly what passed in Vermont.  I also know what passed in Florida, PA, and how Virginia escaped gun control this year thanks to a coin toss. we are on the front lines of this battle here in NJ.  Running from the front line won't stop the spread.

1 minute ago, capt14k said:

Not according to the guys on MD Shooters Forum.

Yeah, stating that in MD permits are attainable is like saying if you like your doctor you can keep him.

2 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

Yeah, stating that in MD permits are attainable is like saying if you like your doctor you can keep him.

Doesn't matter. I just looked it up and PA doesn't honor MD or NY. Actually PA only honors 25 States. But I still think they just hate us Jersey folk coming there to walk around with guns. 

9 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

Doesn't matter. I just looked it up and PA doesn't honor MD or NY. Actually PA only honors 25 States. But I still think they just hate us Jersey folk coming there to walk around with guns. 

No. I think it is probably more like neither of these 3 states have reciprocity with any other state. It's usually a 2 way agreement.(not always) NY, MD, and NJ don't honor any state's CCW permits.

21 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

Moving in the wrong direction is moving in the wrong direction.  I know exactly what passed in Vermont.  I also know what passed in Florida, PA, and how Virginia escaped gun control this year thanks to a coin toss. we are on the front lines of this battle here in NJ.  Running from the front line won't stop the spread.

You see it as moving in the wrong direction because you cannot move - I am sorry for that - what it is in reality is people voting with their feet.

I am also resisting and fighting by not succumbing to the whims of these politicians in NJ - I am taking my money and my family with me, as well as my tax dollars.

You see it as giving up - I see it as crossing the lines to friendlies where we have a chance to survive, win and push forward.

The consolidation of like minded individuals and the segregation of states from red and blue just may happen........in our lifetimes.

Lastly, we all do what we have to do - my life is too short and precious to live under the yoke of oppression and shitty quality of life for the squatters and the pocketbooks of fat cat politicians.  

• Like 1

You see it as moving in the wrong direction because you cannot move - I am sorry for that - what it is in reality is people voting with their feet.

I am also resisting and fighting by not succumbing to the whims of these politicians in NJ - I am taking my money and my family with me, as well as my tax dollars.

You see it as giving up - I see it as crossing the lines to friendlies where we have a chance to survive, win and push forward.

The consolidation of like minded individuals and the segregation of states from red and blue just may happen........in our lifetimes.

Lastly, we all do what we have to do - my life is too short and precious to live under the yoke of oppression and shitty quality of life for the squatters and the pocketbooks of fat cat politicians.  

Do you really think when I said “moving in the wrong direction” I was talking about changing the locale of my domicile ? Really?

And how exactly, does becoming a citizen of another state improve you ability to change the shape of politics in your previous state more effectively. I’d love to hear that one.

If you want to move, fine, we all have to do what’s best for ourselves. But don’t pretend that you are going to solve the problems of progressivism spreading by doing so.

2 hours ago, Darrenf said:

And you think you are the only one feeling that?  People too dumb to realize those taxes are the result of democratic policies also move due to the pain, and then vote as they always have.  Moving isn't going to solve anything, it will just delay it for you. 

I am not one of them.  i didnt vote for gov dipshit.  But im also smart enough to know that its not going to change for the better.   Even if by the wave of some magical wand taxes went back to where they were 10-15 years ago, hell even 20 years ago ... its still too dam expensive.   Too expensive, too crowded, too many snowflakes. 

1 minute ago, Lakota said:

I am not one of them.  i didnt vote for gov dipshit.  But im also smart enough to know that its not going to change for the better.   Even if by the wave of some magical wand taxes went back to where they were 10-15 years ago, hell even 20 years ago ... its still too dam expensive.   Too expensive, too crowded, too many snowflakes. 

Doesn't address one thing I said, but okay. 

12 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

Doesn't address one thing I said, but okay. 

Didn't realize if I didnt address your response word for word you would be offended. That seems to be the problem in today's day and age everyone gets offended too easily.  Ok Yes I know im not the only one "feeling that".   You ok now that I addressed your question mark?

2 minutes ago, Lakota said:

Didn't realize if I didnt address your response word for word you would be offended. That seems to be the problem in today's day and age everyone gets offended too easily.  Ok Yes I know im not the only one "feeling that".   You ok now that I addressed your question mark?

Cute.  Not offended at all.  Just pointing out that you replied to me but your text seemed like it was a response to someone else.  I will be okay regardless of what you do, don't flatter yourself.

2 hours ago, Darrenf said:

Do you really think when I said “moving in the wrong direction” I was talking about changing the locale of my domicile ? Really?

And how exactly, does becoming a citizen of another state improve you ability to change the shape of politics in your previous state more effectively. I’d love to hear that one.

If you want to move, fine, we all have to do what’s best for ourselves. But don’t pretend that you are going to solve the problems of progressivism spreading by doing so.

Not to argue semantics - but I was not thinking that at all - what I was thinking is that you were interpreting that moving to another state was not moving in the direction of engagement in my home state but fleeing - hence the wrong direction - you thought I was talking about something else?  Really?

It doesn't at all - when I leave NJ I could care less ABOUT NJ and it's politics, it's funding, it's sanctuary status etc.  Could not care less.

Never thought or wanted to change NJ when I get out - there is too much F'd up here besides guns and rights to even think of being able to sway it - if you think you can - you are delusional.  Best of Luck !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Never thought or wanted to change NJ when I get out - there is too much F'd up here besides guns and rights to even think of being able to sway it - if you think you can - you are delusional.  Best of Luck !

If you think effecting change is delusion, then how do you explain ANY of the change you have seen in your lifetime.  What a defeatist attitude!

Just now, Darrenf said:

If you think effecting change is delusion, then how do you explain ANY of the change you have seen in your lifetime.  What a defeatist attitude!

This is not defeatist at all - it is realization of the following and please tell me where I am wrong in this state of NJ:

1)  You are out funded by the anti's - true?

2)  You are out mobilized by the antis - true?

3)  The state is effectively blue by election standards - true?

4)  The density of those that are pro 2A as opposed to those that are not - demographically, is lacking - true?

5)  The current political climate is as such that Dem controlled legislature and governorship is clearly left leaning Dem, and could not care for your wants, needs desires and you are not represented - true

Tell me how YOU are going to affect change in the next 4 - 8 or 12 year cycle?

You can't - why - you do not have the numbers and to get those numbers, maybe, you have to be in it for the long haul...

So while I appreciate your zeal, I appreciate your passion, I appreciate you trying to make a chocolate cone from from dogsh*t.  :)

The only and I mean ONLY injunctive relief you may get is from the courts - and that is where ALL THE FOCUS AND MONEY NEEDS TO GO.  Along with a long term parallel course for the hearts and minds for the younger generation *if* you plan to stay in state.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, USRifle30Cal said:

This is not defeatist at all - it is realization of the following and please tell me where I am wrong in this state of NJ:

1)  You are out funded by the anti's - true?

2)  You are out mobilized by the antis - true?

3)  The state is effectively blue by election standards - true?

4)  The density of those that are pro 2A as opposed to those that are not - demographically, is lacking - true?

5)  The current political climate is as such that Dem controlled legislature and governorship is clearly left leaning Dem, and could not care for your wants, needs desires and you are not represented - true

Tell me how YOU are going to affect change in the next 4 - 8 or 12 year cycle?

You can't - why - you do not have the numbers and to get those numbers, maybe, you have to be in it for the long haul...

So while I appreciate your zeal, I appreciate your passion, I appreciate you trying to make a chocolate cone from from dogsh*t.  :)

The only and I mean ONLY injunctive relief you may get is from the courts - and that is where ALL THE FOCUS AND MONEY NEEDS TO GO.  Along with a long term parallel course for the hearts and minds for the younger generation *if* you plan to stay in state.

With the last paragraph you answered your own question.  But you also moved the goal posts o include a time frame. I didn't give any time for change to be enacted, while you just said " to even think of being able to sway it - if you think you can - you are delusional".  That statement is the definition of "defeatist".  

How many anti people have you brought to the range this month?

3 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I commute door to door to manhattan 4 days a week - morning 2.75 hours maybe 3 depending - home 2 hours...then work some more at home to make up for that I split at 4pm.

Some quality of life - and the wage needed is in manhattan currently.  Time is coming to leave.

i feel ur pain.   my commute is 2hrs 1 way (119mi) and then the same home without traffic.   

I am compelled to stay in so jersey 2 nights a week (we have a 2nd house).

sucks for marraiage and my car, esp if i wanna do anything up north during the week.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

Cute.  Not offended at all.  Just pointing out that you replied to me but your text seemed like it was a response to someone else.  I will be okay regardless of what you do, don't flatter yourself.

I apologize .. I shouldnt have taken your response that way and responded the way I did.   After I replied I re-read what you wrote and looked at it from a different perspective.   Sometimes text can be construed more than one way. 

But I get ya .. I wish we could invoke the change we all know we want here in NJ .. taxes .. gun laws... etc .. I dont see how it can be done given the numbers we are against.

• Like 1

Just now, Lakota said:

I apologize .. I shouldnt have taken your response that way and responded the way I did.   After I replied I re-read what you wrote and looked at it from a different perspective.   Sometimes text can be construed more than one way. 

But I get ya .. I wish we could invoke the change we all know we want here in NJ .. taxes .. gun laws... etc .. I dont see how it can be done given the numbers we are against.

One bite at a time.  Besides not sitting silent when friends regurgitate Mom's demand talking points, one of the best things you can do is get people to the range.  Make them see the stereotypes they have been fed are wrong.  Let them see a 4473 and how there are not one but TWO questions about race.  Let them see that if they use medical marijuana they can't own a gun.  It might not convert them, but it plants the seed, and that is powerful.

And thanks for the mea culpa.  So rare these days, kudos to you. :)

36 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

With the last paragraph you answered your own question.  But you also moved the goal posts o include a time frame. I didn't give any time for change to be enacted, while you just said " to even think of being able to sway it - if you think you can - you are delusional".  That statement is the definition of "defeatist".  

How many anti people have you brought to the range this month?

I am so glad you had asked this - !

Of all people two women from DUMBO ( I don't know if you know what that is but LIBS from down under the Manhattan Brooklyn bridge area) - moved up hear and they go to my church - I just hosted a lunch and learn for them and they had no idea how false the narrative was about guns and what the real 'news' is -   They are now going to the range with me next month for a live fire and it looks like more, in their group want to learn more.

So while this in no way makes me special at all - well it does.....  JK  :drinks:

• Like 3

Just now, USRifle30Cal said:

I am so glad you had asked this - !

Of all people two women from DUMBO ( I don't know if you know what that is but LIBS from down under the Manhattan Brooklyn bridge area) - moved up hear and they go to my church - I just hosted a lunch and learn for them and they had no idea how false the narrative was about guns and what the real 'news' is -   They are now going to the range with me next month for a live fire and it looks like more, in their group want to learn more.

So while this in no way makes me special at all - well it does.....  JK  :drinks:

Educating antis is one of the best things we can do to move the pendulum our way.  One of us can't educate all of them, but all of us can educate many of them, and that can make a real difference.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

Educating antis is one of the best things we can do to move the pendulum our way.  One of us can't educate all of them, but all of us can educate many of them, and that can make a real difference.  

No truer words were spoken - one heart and mind at a time - that is why what CNJFO is doing is all important to the long term goals of the survival of the 2A -  !!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

No truer words were spoken - one heart and mind at a time - that is why what CNJFO is doing is all important to the long term goals of the survival of the 2A -  !!

We need to do all we can to break the stereotypes.  Last weekend I took a fence-sitter and another who was deathly afraid of guns to Cedar Creek Sporting clays.   The young man there wearing a t-shirt that had "Liberalism is a mental disorder" printed on it isn't making our task easier, that's for sure.  Fortunately neither of them spotted him, and they both had a blast, and can't wait to do it again, as well as get out to the indoor range to try some handguns.  We had a great talk on the way home about the laws on the books and in the pipeline, and both of them were repeatedly saying "That doesn't make sense", and "That seems like nothing but trying to punish gun owners" etc.  That is how we win. 

• Like 4

Since there was a lot of talk here about moving out of jersey .. myself included... then I just came across this .. I had to laugh that Texas is trying to poach us jersey folks lol.

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2018/04/hey_jersey_dont_move_to_fla_to_avoid_high_taxes_co.html

Since there was a lot of talk here about moving out of jersey .. myself included... then I just came across this .. I had to laugh that Texas is trying to poach us jersey folks lol.

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2018/04/hey_jersey_dont_move_to_fla_to_avoid_high_taxes_co.html

I’ve been invited down there many times. I looked at property down there. Not bad, but its hard to find something not in tornado alley and my wife has no interest in dealing with that. Neither do I.

If I could find something there, I’d be there no problemos.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, carl_g said:

No. I think it is probably more like neither of these 3 states have reciprocity with any other state. It's usually a 2 way agreement.(not always) NY, MD, and NJ don't honor any state's CCW permits.

This pretty much gets to the point. Pointing fingers at PA and its "stupid citizens" instead of trying to change their state so I don't have to unarm every single time I go there to work. Please do something because your bs policies are going to spread into our state and eventually through the country. If people see you standing in great numbers you all could deflect the wave for the rest of us... You're on the front lines and you can let it deteriorate or you can strengthen it. If you stand I promise we will stand with you... 

17 hours ago, W2MC said:

Thanks for posting that. I had no clue about this. I'm disseminating it to my contacts in PA.

This struggle will be at the national level eventually.

Addendum: I found the thread on PAFOA dealing with these hearings, and the Prince Law blog is included. An 'assault weapon' ban has already been introduced in the PA Senate. I wish I had seen this sooner. I also see that Chairman Marisco is a Republican.

Edited by 45Doll
Link added