InFamous

Non-Resident Permits No Longer Honored in PA INCLUDING NH and TX

46 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Thanks for posting that. I had no clue about this. I'm disseminating it to my contacts in PA.

This struggle will be at the national level eventually.

Addendum: I found the thread on PAFOA dealing with these hearings, and the Prince Law blog is included. An 'assault weapon' ban has already been introduced in the PA Senate. I wish I had seen this sooner. I also see that Chairman Marisco is a Republican.

The PA legislature is currently a bulwark against Governor Wolf....but with the district Gerrymandering that the VERY liberal PA supreme court just performed (and the legislature, to their shame-allowed); there is potential for the PA legislature to swing liberal.

3 minutes ago, W2MC said:

The PA legislature is currently a bulwark against Governor Wolf....but with the district Gerrymandering that the VERY liberal PA supreme court just performed (and the legislature, to their shame-allowed); there is potential for the PA legislature to swing liberal.

That I knew about.

The most disturbing thing about that Supreme Court and other recent judge elections is that there's no more pretense that judges are impartial. They're red or blue. So the courts have become the trump card over the legislatures, one way or the other. And can also make up their own 'law' when necessary.

That's a recipe for disaster.

('trump card' was not an oblique reference to the President. Just the figure of free speech.)

• Like 1

Is this really an anti gun move though? Or is PA just sick of what they perceive NJ/NY fools coming to town and carrying? Kind of like how people that live down the Jersey shore don't like Bennie's?

As I said it also affects Maryland. I am going to say it is clearly an Anti move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All of the changes were recently executed...all hush-hush until it was dropped on the public...appears to be timed with other events in nearby states.

Clearly political.

Well, you can still  get your Ct. CCW.

All you need is a FID and a NH CCW

You need to request your packet by phone. See below.

"Out of state residents may apply for a non resident Connecticut State Pistol Permit. Non residents apply directly to the Connecticut State Police, Special Licensing and Firearms Unit.  Call 860-685-8494 to have an application mailed out. "

http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?a=4213&q=494614

• Like 2

Well, you can still  get your Ct. CCW.
All you need is a FID and a NH CCW

You need to request your packet by phone. See below.
"Out of state residents may apply for a non resident Connecticut State Pistol Permit. Non residents apply directly to the Connecticut State Police, Special Licensing and Firearms Unit.  Call 860-685-8494 to have an application mailed out. "

http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?a=4213&q=494614

Huge props for this post. Just requested my packet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Interestingly enough. You can get a non resident pa. But you need a resident ccw. 

The tangled web of bullshit anti 2A people create is staggering. 

19 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

If the intent is to carry in PA I don't see how this helps. According to the PA AG CT non-resident permits are not recognized.

Disliked post

• Like 1

If the intent is to carry in PA I don't see how this helps. According to the PA AG CT non-resident permits are not recognized.
Not for me. The intent for is to carry in CT and finally visit Mystic Seaport and other places there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Not for me. The intent for is to carry in CT and finally visit Mystic Seaport and other places there.

Well then enjoy it.

I was wondering when they'll get around to removing non-resident permits in the states that now provide them.

Well then enjoy it.
I was wondering when they'll get around to removing non-resident permits in the states that now provide them.
Probably next year they will eliminate them. Maybe though I will get grandfathered. I'm starting to enjoy collecting them. Collecting is in my blood so my new goal is to put together a complete set of Non Resident CCW Permits. If anyone has a checklist of those that are obtainable that would be great.

Does any one know why we dont just have a Federal CCW permit that requires a federal background check and dare I say training? Is there some law against this and thats why no gun friendly congressman has ever tried to do this?   Right to bear arms is a constitutional level right ..its federal...so why is this even left to the states to bicker over at all?

Maybe this has already been discussed at some point , id be surprised if it hasn't been ... but i honestly dont know .. never thought about it before .. always focused on the individual states and what they do in each state.   never thought about it on a federal level.

H.R. 38 would be great .. but as it currently sits that would always just give the liberal states the ability to whine and bitch about certain states requirements or lack thereof.   They should just handle it at the federal level like passports and call it a day.

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

Probably next year they will eliminate them. Maybe though I will get grandfathered. I'm starting to enjoy collecting them. Collecting is in my blood so my new goal is to put together a complete set of Non Resident CCW Permits. If anyone has a checklist of those that are obtainable that would be great.

Me too

But I am oniy 2 deep right now.

Me too
But I am oniy 2 deep right now.
I'm only one ahead of you. CT will be #4 and just to add to the collection I will get Arizona too for #5. I think Virginia after that. Then some research is needed.

NC has a non resident permit. Not every state that reciprocates with NC also honors these non resident permits though so be careful.
I don't think beyond Utah, Florida, and NH any more states are added other than CT and DC adding itself. Though as agreements change it may not be a bad idea to have some as backup.

This my collection. I travel a bit for business. Idaho, washington just required a stopin to the police HQ. Nevada and texas required training class in state. The rest are mail order.

The only one i did not get was Michigan. It requires taking training in state as well.

South Carolina is available if you own property there.

2424e3a891b8e97ec2ac5ec2fd9c5f82.jpg

• Like 3

This my collection. I travel a bit for business. Idaho, washington just required a stopin to the police HQ. Nevada and texas required training class in state.

2424e3a891b8e97ec2ac5ec2fd9c5f82.jpg
I knew I wasn't the only one crazy enough to collect CCW licenses. I bet it makes having other forms of ID Real easy.

• Like 1