InFamous

Non-Resident Permits No Longer Honored in PA INCLUDING NH and TX

22 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

I emailed them to find out how I, as a New Jersey resident with New Hampshire and an Arizona non resident permits and having family I need to check up on in the Poconos, can still concealed carry.  Here is their response:

Unfortunately, you are correct.  Under Pennsylvania law, a concealed carry license cannot be issued to a new-jersey resident unless you have a license from New Jersey.  We recommend you contact the Pennsylvania State Police to discuss when a license to carry a concealed firearm is not required for interstate travel.

7 hours ago, demonicdave said:

Good afternoon.  Under Pennsylvania law, a concealed carry license cannot be issued to a non-resident unless that individual has a concealed carry license from his or her home state.  The reciprocity agreements simply document the requirements of Pennsylvania law.  We recommend you contact the Pennsylvania State Police to discuss the what exceptions to the requirement to have a license to carry in Pennsylvania exist for interstate travel.

Seems they have an automatic response to this issue.

6 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Seems they have an automatic response to this issue.

Yes, seems that they don't have an original response to much of it, we need to band together and get this changed, i have also been writing to Pennsylvania state senators that are 2A friendly to let them know what has transpired

I just had a lengthy conversation with Scott Wagner's office, he is a Pennsylvania State Senator that is running for Governor of Pennsylvania, I am trying to get them to introduce legislation to remove the home state permit requirement for firearms permits in PA, I told them that I feel the current law is discrimination to out of state residents wishing to apply to PA's non-resident permit program and also a huge loss of income to PA. If they were to say get 100,000 out of state permit applications for say $100 a piece, that is roughly $10 million they are losing out on in state revenue. I explained some residents of states such as NJ, MD and others that border their state, either a resident is unable to obtain a permit in their home state, or some such as West Virginia residents are not required to have a permit in their home state.  It was a lengthy conversation and I think it went very well, she is going to talk to the senator and possibly soon to be governor and his staff and see if they would be willing to do something. I recommend people reach out to legislative parties on the PA side and particularly ones that are 2nd amendment friendly, you can google them and find them out, but Scott Wagner is certainly one of them. There is another one out in western PA that I have been communication with as well.  All we can do is to try and change the law,   PLEASE HELP ME DO IT!!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, quikz said:

I have a NJ "carry" (work) permit. So you're all saying im still 'ok' in PA?

This truly is a liberal lash against Trump.

Idk.. I think @diamondd817 is right. You can get a non res if you have a home state res permit. If I were you, I’d apply for a pa non res permit.

25 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Idk.. I think @diamondd817 is right. You can get a non res if you have a home state res permit. If I were you, I’d apply for a pa non res permit.

When I spoke to Attorney General in PA last week, they told me you needed an unrestricted permit from your home state. 

When I spoke to Attorney General in PA last week, they told me you needed an unrestricted permit from your home state. 
Does the law state unrestricted? If not go to PA sheriff who is Pro 2A

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just to update Wolf extended emergency order for opiate epidemic for the 11th time in August. Obviously order has nothing to do with fighting opiate epidemic being Philly is the Heroin/Clandestine Fentynal Capital of America. To the point that addicts were camped out for 24-48hrs waiting for dealers to be resupplied. Why was this? because NJ/PA gave unemployment benefits to homeless and general scumbags who haven't worked for years. So drug addicts suddenly had $10k from government. So what did they do with their influx of cash? Buy more drugs of course. To the point of buying out dealers. Great job Gov Wolf, that emergency opiate declaration is really working, working to prevent open carry and that is about it.

• FacePalm 1