124gr9mm

Bob Menendez violates gun laws??

Not sure if this has been shared here, but Steve Lonegan posted a video breaking Bob Menendez' balls regarding Bob's handling of an AR during a PR stunt:

Long and short of it is that Lonegan is calling Menendez out for being a hypocrite and violating NJ gun law by handling a firearm (Menendez doesn't have a FID).  Lonegan tried to file a complaint with the Essex County College police (where the PR event took place) so he's now going to the Essex county Prosecutor directly to have Menendez charged.

Nothing will happen, but kudos to Lonegan for pushing the issue.

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, Lakota said:

lol this guy is a special kind of stupid I guess. This guy that hard up for Menendez's seat that he tries this?  Not that I like Menendez, but this guy is an idiot.

Are you stupid?  This guy is a true conservative and on our side.

Dislike button pressed

• Like 15

21 minutes ago, Lakota said:

lol this guy is a special kind of stupid I guess. This guy that hard up for Menendez's seat that he tries this?  Not that I like Menendez, but this guy is an idiot.

Wait it is stupid for a potential politician to call our another active politician for breaking the law?  :o

3 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Are you stupid?  This guy is a true conservative and on our side.

Dislike button pressed

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  THIS....

• Like 7

So that's where our standards land today?   As long as they are for the 2A, they get a pass on cheap stunts?  I expect better from my state representatives.

Look, on election day if its this guy vs Menendez I would vote for this guy all day long.   Doesnt mean I still wouldnt think he's stupid for trying to pull a cheap stunt.

• Like 1

Just now, Lakota said:

So that's where our standards land today?   As long as they are for the 2A, they get a pass on cheap stunts?  I expect better from my state representatives.

Look, on election day if its this guy vs Menendez I would vote for this guy all day long.   Doesnt mean I still wouldnt think he's stupid for trying to pull a cheap stunt.

Everyone has an opinion and that is good and healthy - however calling someone out who has been breaking laws forever out on it - doesn't seem like a ' cheap stunt ' - but you can think that !

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Wait it is stupid for a potential politician to call our another active politician for breaking the law?  :o

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  THIS....

For a technicality such as the wording on the statute .. yea.  By these standards I guess I should just drop my wife and son off at the county jail so they can begin their sentence since at one point in time with me standing there, they held one of my guns and neither of them have a FPID.

1 minute ago, Lakota said:

Please explain to us ignorant folks why this is a cheap stunt? I would say this is anything but a cheap stunt.

• Like 3

explain how its not a cheap stunt?   Did Bob drive to the event with the rifle in his car and then pull out from under his trench coat in the public square?   

Or was it transported there by the police offer standing next to him and laid out on the table for Bob to be able to pick it up and show to whoever is watching whatever he is talking about.

8 minutes ago, Lakota said:

For a technicality such as the wording on the statute .. yea.  By these standards I guess I should just drop my wife and son off at the county jail so they can begin their sentence since at one point in time with me standing there, they held one of my guns and neither of them have a FPID.

It is illustrative of two things - one stupid laws and how flagrantly they are disobeyed when it fits a narrative.  

• Like 3

If this was out in the middle of some city street ... ok yea then maybe, just maybe .. there could be a case for a "technicality".

But this was at the essex county police academy.  A training facility with instructors... there by making it legal via 2C:58-3.2 if you want to get all technical... 

So .. I stand on my original statement that its a cheap stunt to try and grab a headline.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lakota said:

This states gun laws are built on hanging people on technicalities. So to dish said technicalities back to those creating them is justice in my book.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Shane45 said:

This states gun laws are built on hanging people on technicalities. So to dish said technicalities back to those creating them is justice in my book.

I would love nothing more than to be able to do that... like in the case of that Democrat in Virginia who made the video cutting up an Ar-15 making it a SBR. That was legitimately a technical fracture of the law.

But this Menendez event was at a police training facility.  Taking the law and making it a non existing issue.   And if the rolls were revered we would be saying the Dems were pulling a cheap stunt.

I want to be able to criticize the other side when they try to do stupid crap like this, so I cant look the other way when its my side doing it.

3 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Wait it is stupid for a potential politician to call our another active politician for breaking the law, again? :o

Fixed it for you.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lakota said:

I would love nothing more than to be able to do that... like in the case of that Democrat in Virginia who made the video cutting up an Ar-15 making it a SBR. That was legitimately a technical fracture of the law.

But this Menendez event was at a police training facility.  Taking the law and making it a non existing issue.   And if the rolls were revered we would be saying the Dems were pulling a cheap stunt.

I want to be able to criticize the other side when they try to do stupid crap like this, so I cant look the other way when its my side doing it.

I think the "cheapness" of the stunt depends on how far he takes it.

I definitely agree with you that Lonegan's video is a stunt, but in my opinion he's doing it to highlight/mock the absurdity of the dog and pony show that Menendez put on.  The Menendez stunt was true theater and he even had the Sheriff make an appearance with scripted lines.  He's in the state with the toughest gun regulations in the nation and he's holding a press conference as if he's doing something meaningful.  He should be embarassed.  Political f**Kery at its finest.

In my opinion Lonegan is calling him out on the absurdity.  Menendez didn't even realize that he was running afoul of existing gun laws...WHILE HE'S TALKING ABOUT MAKING MORE GUN LAWS!  Kind of like the news anchor who held up a 30 round magazine to show what an illegal magazine looked like. (And yes, I do believe that an average person without a FID card could have been arrested and charged for handling an AR in a situation like that).

You can tell by his demeanor that Lonegan is being a bit tongue in cheek about things, so I doubt he'll go any further once the prosecutor (probably) blows him off, but I'm ALL FOR him highlighting the hypocrisy and absurdity of Menendez' gun position.

4 hours ago, Lakota said:

explain how its not a cheap stunt?   Did Bob drive to the event with the rifle in his car and then pull out from under his trench coat in the public square?   

Or was it transported there by the police offer standing next to him and laid out on the table for Bob to be able to pick it up and show to whoever is watching whatever he is talking about.

He was also handling it in a non-exempt location.  That would constitute open carry.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rob0115 said:

He was also handling it in a non-exempt location.  That would constitute open carry.  

Indeed.

If it was any regular person there would probably be a dozen other charges a motivated prosecutor could add on as well.  That's why I'm all for Lonegan calling out the stupidity for what it was and highlighting how absurd some of our gun laws can be.

16 hours ago, Lakota said:

im not saying im agreeing with the gun laws we have .. im not .. they are a load of crap.   His video and his website make it out like this is some sort of breaking news when its nothing more that an attempt to grab a headline.

It might be an attempt to grab headlines but not for publicity, but instead to point out the stupid laws and the hypocrisy of our elected officials. 

• Like 1