124gr9mm

Bob Menendez violates gun laws??

5 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

It might be an attempt to grab headlines but not for publicity, but instead to point out the stupid laws and the hypocrisy of our elected officials. 

That's how I view it.   It's useful for educating the public on how very, very restrictive our gun laws are, and how easy it is to be in violation for something so trivial.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

It might be an attempt to grab headlines but not for publicity, but instead to point out the stupid laws and the hypocrisy of our elected officials. 

This

Exactly

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bhunted said:

...another troll?

emoji848.png

I’m hunting skewey trolls lately.

5ec381ef2df1fdb08cacd86362b4199e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So this is what this forum has turned into? Anyone having an opinion that doesn't match with yours is considered a troll and called out? It's total bullshit. This is a discussion forum not a circle jerk.

• Like 1

So this is what this forum has turned into? Anyone having an opinion that doesn't match with yours is considered a troll and called out? It's total bullshit. This is a discussion forum not a circle jerk.

Ahhhhhh, ok. I hear crickets when others do the same thing. I take that back. I do hear people chewing with their mouths open. At least when I criticize, you know where it is directed.

For what its worth, you will NEVER hear me call out anyone for anything pro2a no matter who it is. Including Lonegan. So how about not chipping at people who are not here to defend ourselves.

Guess I made my point.

Glad someone finally gets it! Whether you realized it or

BTW, I do not bash people for not agreeing with me. Have at it. That is where discussion comes from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, carl_g said:

To be fair, the poster that the troll tag was directed to came on VERY strong and seemed to be in "attack" mode pretty quickly.

I don't think Lakota is a troll, but posting a silly picture doesn't seem really offensive.  It's just a silly pic...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 124gr9mm said:

To be fair, the poster that the troll tag was directed to came on VERY strong and seemed to be in "attack" mode pretty quickly.

I don't think Lakota is a troll, but posting a silly picture doesn't seem really offensive.  It's just a silly pic...

I was "in attack mode pretty quickly"  ?    I merely posted my opinion of the guy based on this action.  I thought it was a stupid notion and a stunt based on the facts easily seen, his congress website is gleaming with "breaking news" as if its a big deal... to me its stupid and even looks stupid stunt.  I consider myself an educated voter and would never take something like that as gospel or true without digging into deeper regardless of what side it comes from and the more I looked into it the dumber he looked by doing it.  Again my opinion... you dont have to agree with me .. that's perfectly fine, thats one of the things that makes this country what it is .. everyone can have their own opinion. 

Heck it's my opinion that our dear president is an idiot at times buy both the things he says and the things he does sometimes.   I still voted for him, waiting for him to continue his path to making america great again. Right now I just think he is his own worst enemy. 

Back to the subject on hand...PR stunts,  twisting of the truth or taking ones comments out of context to make them fit your narrative is what I think is wrong with politics in general.   I know both sides do it... does not make it right .. and it makes my stomach turn no matter who does it. Seems like nobody can just have an honest debate back in forth anymore on the facts an issues and do it reasonably.  Its all mud slinging .. he said she said, twist this twist that.  Makes me a disenfranchised voter is what it does.

Now dont take any of this above as if i agree with what Buffalo Bob says in his own video which started this whole thing... as far as im concerned he can suck and egg and should already be in jail for his corruption.

6 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

what this is, is childish. and to be honest, i'm fine with that. it's the same kind of crap that the anti-freedom people do. time for us to use their own dam tactics against them.

^^^^I've been saying that for years, we are too damn polite and honest. I am so tired of people saying "We need to be better then them". That time is long past, being better then them has gotten us nowhere. If we play by the rules and they don't, we will lose, period...

19 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

what this is, is childish. and to be honest, i'm fine with that. it's the same kind of crap that the anti-freedom people do. time for us to use their own dam tactics against them.

11 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

^^^^I've been saying that for years, we are too damn polite and honest. I am so tired of people saying "We need to be better then them". That time is long past, being better then them has gotten us nowhere. If we play by the rules and they don't, we will lose, period...

this is all true. the liberal agenda lies, cheats, mis-represents and manipulates every chance they get and just outright dont give a shit but for their own agenda. its not a fair or honerable fight so start hitting back with any shot you've got just be able to back it up with facts and truth. nice guys finish last.

22 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

being "better" than them i feel has actually lost us ground.

• Like 1

now of course some minds can still be changed. i was talking to a cousin i haven't talked to sincer her mothers funeral......and she was of the "no one needs an assault rifle, aand you can't really hunt with one anyway" mindset. i explained that first off, since i know you're talking about the ar15, people do indeed hunt with them. and that they are not assault rifles, but rather falsly labeled as such. then explained what an assault rifle really is. she asked what about putting all that "stuff" on them, that doesn't make them one? i used the grocery getter camaro dressed up as a z28 compared to a real z28  analogy to make her understand.

4 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

now of course some minds can still be changed. i was talking to a cousin i haven't talked to sincer her mothers funeral......and she was of the "no one needs an assault rifle, aand you can't really hunt with one anyway" mindset. i explained that first off, since i know you're talking about the ar15, people do indeed hunt with them. and that they are not assault rifles, but rather falsly labeled as such. then explained what an assault rifle really is. she asked what about putting all that "stuff" on them, that doesn't make them one? i used the grocery getter camaro dressed up as a z28 compared to a real z28  analogy to make her understand.

This is true. I’ve had similar successes. But only for those willing to listen. 

28 minutes ago, siderman said:

this is all true. the liberal agenda lies, cheats, mis-represents and manipulates every chance they get and just outright dont give a shit but for their own agenda. its not a fair or honerable fight so start hitting back with any shot you've got just be able to back it up with facts and truth. nice guys finish last.

Listen the left beats the same old drum.  No one need's this , No one need's that, guns are bad.  if we can save just one child.....And guess what their winning because they just don't care about our constitutional rights.  Pro gun folks need to get into the facts slinging mode.   Deaths from Teen texting , Death's from drinking and drugging. sucide and deaths from the number one murderer of children Planned Parenthood.  We need to sling this shit till their tired of hearing it. We're loosing this battle  because we are fighting it like its 1776, We need to get into guerrilla warfare mode. This is JMHO 

Here's the follow-up from Lonegan after he met with the prosecutor yesterday.  As suspected, no charges will be filed, but I'm GLAD that he went through with this.

The prosecutor told him no charges would be filed because "it's up to the discretion of the county prosecutor whether to apply the law to an individual based on their intent"

Wonder how many regular citizens would be able to avoid punishment because they didn't "intend" to break the law???

Thanks to Lonegan for pointing out the double standard for politicians and ambiguity in the way gun laws are followed.

22 hours ago, Lakota said:

lol this guy is a special kind of stupid I guess. This guy that hard up for Menendez's seat that he tries this?  Not that I like Menendez, but this guy is an idiot.

So someone hosting a grandstanding event, demonizing people like me, spreading misinformation in an attempt to curb my rights isn’t a special kind of stupid?  Someone points out the ridiculousness of all this in an attempt to prevent me from looking like a demonic gun nut is the grandstander trying to grab publicity?

I don’t know you but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt, which I rarely do, but how is it that you didn’t point out the attempt to grab headlines and publicity by the Menendez, who, is at best, of questionable integrity?  A counter attack using the same tactics and you paint the guy defending 2a rights as a clown.  I’m thinking you’re on the wrong forum. 

In reference to Menendez's stunt there was another story from NJ 12.  The quote that struck me as the stupidest is:

"Sen. Menendez says that he fully supports banning weapons of this caliber for civilian use."

Really, .22 isn't for civilian use?

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/37652901/nj-lawmakers-hold-demonstration-showcasing-power-of-ar-15

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GunsnFreedom said:

In reference to Menendez's stunt there was another story from NJ 12.  The quote that struck me as the stupidest is:

"Sen. Menendez says that he fully supports banning weapons of this caliber for civilian use."

Really, .22 isn't for civilian use?

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/37652901/nj-lawmakers-hold-demonstration-showcasing-power-of-ar-15

You don't have to be a good shot with the AR 15.:facepalm:

56 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

So someone hosting a grandstanding event, demonizing people like me, spreading misinformation in an attempt to curb my rights isn’t a special kind of stupid?  Someone points out the ridiculousness of all this in an attempt to prevent me from looking like a demonic gun nut is the grandstander trying to grab publicity?

I don’t know you but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt, which I rarely do, but how is it that you didn’t point out the attempt to grab headlines and publicity by the Menendez, who, is at best, of questionable integrity?  A counter attack using the same tactics and you paint the guy defending 2a rights as a clown.  I’m thinking you’re on the wrong forum. 

It absolutely is .. but every Anti-gunner out there is already a special kind of stupid. I'll just call that as a blanket statement as I dont have the stamina to call each one out individually lol .. way too many of them.   And if you read the rest of my statements in this topic then you'll know I dont even think menendez has "questionable" integrity... thats giving him too much credit.. i think he should already be in jail .. period.

If it was a legitimate case for arrest...rather than just a PR stunt tactic that would be great to continue to hammer them on.   But as i've said prior, as much as i'd love it for it to be so , even if just a technicality of a law infraction ... the Menendez stunt (and yes that's what his was as well) was done at the police academy... a police training facility which would be exempt.  No weapons were transfered, sold , purchased, nada.  hell you cant even say with 100% certainty that the piece of equipment he physically held up was even real or operable.  So to run around like the town cryer yelling breaking news Menendez broke the law make it look like Lonegan doesn't even know the laws himself.   We already have the other side as idiots that dont know their own existing laws.  Our side should as least be smart about it down to the letter of the law. My opinion is it didnt help our cause except look silly.

Imho, its ok if he just looks silly when the other side always looks effing stupid. The libtards don’t care what we do, their minds are made up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 3:44 PM, Lakota said:

So that's where our standards land today?   As long as they are for the 2A, they get a pass on cheap stunts?  I expect better from my state representatives.

Look, on election day if its this guy vs Menendez I would vote for this guy all day long.   Doesnt mean I still wouldnt think he's stupid for trying to pull a cheap stunt.

It's not a cheap stunt. If you or I did that it would be an illegal transfer. The fuckers need to abide by the same laws you and I do. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 3:15 PM, Lakota said:

lol this guy is a special kind of stupid I guess. This guy that hard up for Menendez's seat that he tries this?  Not that I like Menendez, but this guy is an idiot.

This guy is NOT an idiot.  You should know of what you speak before you do.  This guy has offered alot to the 2a community  You should welcome him instead of berating him.

30 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

This guy is NOT an idiot.  You should know of what you speak before you do.  This guy has offered alot to the 2a community  You should welcome him instead of berating him.

Cmon guys.

@Lakota the enemy of my enemy is my friend, regardless of semantics.

That being said, we cannot get out of or own way here. Can’t splain it, can’t understand it.