Sevenshot

Academy code CC201820PCT

39 minutes ago, Sevenshot said:

I used it to pick up the SigRomeo5 for $100 with tax since it was a hot deal at $120 before the code. I've grabbed ammo as well.

free shipping currently right now too.

I paid $129 from brownells,  The romeo 5 dot is crisp.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, falcone said:

And use Active Junky for another 5% on top of all that. 

? I tried the code and it didn't work.

Look for the items that are on sale then use the code with the bonus 10% right now. Technically 28% total. please tell me I don't need this.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/vortex-crossfire-ii-ao-riflescope#repChildCatid=4912056

35 minutes ago, Sevenshot said:

Look for the items that are on sale then use the code with the bonus 10% right now. Technically 28% total. please tell me I don't need this.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/vortex-crossfire-ii-ao-riflescope#repChildCatid=4912056

....... I just bought it.  I just built a 20" AR and this will go nicely on the Burris PEPR I have.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sevenshot said:

Active junky is a cash back website. You must sign up then complete your order by clicking through the store link while signed in on active junky website. Sign up at the link below and you and I will each get an extra $10 (plus the 5% you get from active junky). 

https://www.activejunky.com/invite/1546209

11 minutes ago, njitmetal said:

Active junky is a cash back website. You must sign up then complete your order by clicking through the store link while signed in on active junky website. Sign up at the link below and you and I will each get an extra $10 (plus the 5% you get from active junky). 

https://www.activejunky.com/invite/1546209

I use Ebates, myself..  https://www.ebates.com/r/KRDSHR2?eeid=28187

3 minutes ago, Sevenshot said:

Academy has disabled the 20% off code. The 10% is still auto added. Bummer I was about to buy the vortex.

I know I was just trying it and was like oh it must have just ended.

I bought the vortex... and some sneakers.... previous orders for shotshells and PFDs were already in...

1 hour ago, Sevenshot said:

Saved me from myself honestly. I was also going to get the federal 308 gold to get the free 8 inch steel target promotion too lol.

Yeah... I think I have an ammo purchasing addiction. Prices are so low I can't help myself. 

2 hours ago, falcone said:

^ Exactly. Buy it cheap, stack it deep. 

Regarding "stack it deep", just wondering, what does everyone consider "deep". Hypothetically, (since I'm not expecting anyone to tell what they truly stock at home), what does the brain trust here "recommend" to have in total for each caliber they own?

What's the opinion, 1K, 5K, 10K, more?

2 hours ago, RecessedFilter said:

Academy canceled some orders already due to over-selling so don't be surprised if you get an email. Sucks.

4/18 order shipped, 4/19 and 2x 4/22 orders pending... we'll see.  Nothing I can't live without really.  Some Life Vests, Sneakers, and a scope.

25 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Regarding "stack it deep", just wondering, what does everyone consider "deep". Hypothetically, (since I'm not expecting anyone to tell what they truly stock at home), what does the brain trust here "recommend" to have in total for each caliber they own?

I have at least 2K of 9mm, 3K of .223/5.56, 2K 7.62x39, 5K .22LR, and at least 500 rounds of 12ga (target loads) at any time.  A bit less for some of my less used calibers... but generally at least 500 rounds of each.

4 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

It will not get cheaper over time.  Get a press, roll your own, the only way to fly!

2 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

How much can you afford? ;) I'm still pretty inexperienced in this hobby, but my attitude has taken a 180 on this issue just recently. My first bulk order was this past Christmas... a case of .22lr. I was like: "Ohhhh, 5000 rounds?! Where will I store it all? Will my house explode? Does this mean I'm a gun nut?" When my big order arrived... I had a good laugh. As you probably know, a case of .22lr is no bigger than a shoe box!   

Now, I equate ordering bulk ammo with getting a large package of paper towels at Costco. I know I'll eventually use it up... if I keep it in a dry area, it won't go bad... why wouldn't I buy in bulk to get the best per unit price and pocket the long-term savings? So now, I can't imagine having less than 6-8K+ rounds of .22lr on hand... and as my most frequently used caliber, I'd actually prefer to have 10k+ in stock. It also seems - dare I say? - prudent to buy well-priced bulk ammo right now in light of current events (rising national anti-2A sentiment, rising metal costs, our zealot Governor and his (unknown) bag of future anti-2A tricks, etc.). So, either shop around aggressively for best-priced ammo... OR, as @T Bill just suggested, if you use larger calibers, invest in reloading gear. (I do think you should try it first though... I get the sense people either love or hate reloading).  

• Like 1

Once you start reloading, tailor you loads to the firearm and purpose, you;ll never look back. If you must buy, do it when the price feels right, don't look back and keep going. 22LR "bricks" of 500 used to sell for under 10 bucks not too long ago. I still use primers I bought for $10.99/1000 in 1990, in 2018 dollars that's $20.58. See my point!

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

How much can you afford?

Luckily, that's not an issue..

Where will I store it all? Will my house explode?

Now, that becomes more of an issue.

When wifey see the UPS guy getting a hernia, she shakes her head, walks away mumbling, "more ammo"...

I get the sense people either love or hate reloading).  

I did that years ago with 12 gauge, not interested doing that now with handgun/rifle rounds. I'll just buy it ready to shoot.

2 of my 4 orders shipped.  Takes a couple days to ship out so hopefully my last 2 orders will go through no issue.  Now, I did see that if they cancel your order due to overselling/etc, they will give you a 25% off coupon code..  Not 100% on that.

9 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

Casual shooters will say 500rds of each caliber. Frequent shooters will say a few thousand rounds. Others will say buy a case a month forever and stack it and forget about it.

What I'm saying is if you're shooting a decent amount, having a thousand extra rounds is nothing. When you hear on some stupid news network that some guy had EIGHT-HUNDRED ROUNDS at his house, people who don't shoot think that will supply all of the US army. But in reality if you shoot competition or range frequently, 800rds is two or three days of shooting, not even for some ppl.

It's cheap now, stack it.

30 minutes ago, RecessedFilter said:

Casual shooters will say 500rds of each caliber. Frequent shooters will say a few thousand rounds. Others will say buy a case a month forever and stack it and forget about it.

What I'm saying is if you're shooting a decent amount, having a thousand extra rounds is nothing. When you hear on some stupid news network that some guy had EIGHT-HUNDRED ROUNDS at his house, people who don't shoot think that will supply all of the US army. But in reality if you shoot competition or range frequently, 800rds is two or three days of shooting, not even for some ppl.

It's cheap now, stack it.

Now that I reload, in addition to several thousand rounds of live ammo (when added for all calibers) I also have as much (or more) bullets, primers, cases, and powder ready to be loaded.

18 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

It also seems - dare I say? - prudent to buy well-priced bulk ammo right now in light of current events (rising national anti-2A sentiment, rising metal costs, our zealot Governor and his (unknown) bag of future anti-2A tricks, etc.)

There is a Sicilian saying my father used to say to me when I was a kid.  I cant remember it in Sicilian, not that it really matters, but it basically goes.  "Prepare for winter"

• Like 1