Frankie Raffaele

is it okay to shoot my m9a3 with this cheap fake can?

8 hours ago, vladtepes said:

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that was done for compliance.. 

but while that gun "looks good" the non functioning suppressor will forever be silly to me.. I think it always reminds me of "fake suped up cars" that aren't actually fast.. 

comments not intended to be rude.. just saying that is my perception.. 

It was done for compliance. I'm not taking any comments personally, you won't offend me haha trust me. I get what you're saying but that's why we in America can make the choices we want to make.

7 hours ago, TokenEntry said:

I believe what we're talking about are two different devices, shrouds and faux suppressors, in this thread. It looks to me that @RecessedFilter and @Krdshrk have are shrouds that go over/cover the rifle's barrel, while @Frankie Raffaele has is a faux suppressor that attaches to the end of a barrel and gives it additional length and weight. A very good point that @Shane45 made is that the OP's can was mfg'd by a company that puts out real suppressors. Adding a 30.00 novelty item is cheap fun compared to a bump stock.

Regards,

TokenEntry

That m92 has a faux suppressor on it to meet 16" barrel length.

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Here is what is amazing to me.  We, as a group, make recommendations on what to put on and NOT put on your firearm. 

Nobody says yes to putting on the "tactical nuts" that hang on an AR. 

Nobody says yes to a pistol mounted on the end of an AR.

Nobody says yes to a knife mounted on the AR.

Yet, I mention a fake can is stupid and he comes the forum to correct me.  Nope

The can is stupid, dangerous and ridiculous. 

Adios

Lasagna Ray 

We as a group decide how other people make choices? Cmon man! If someone wants to put tactical nuts on their gun, so be it. This all goes back to j0n posting on the first page how this all comes down to 2A and we as Americans being able to make the

35 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Ok it threads onto the barrel. So what is the difference between a fake can and a real suppressor?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Fake suppressor threads onto a barrel. Barrel shroud goes over the barrel (sleeved) and usually threads onto a front sight block that's threaded.

• Like 1

A fake can doesn't reduce the decibel levels.  A real suppressor does.

Correct but what is the difference as far as safety if the sights are changed?

I am asking seriously. I think all the plastic black rifles are ugly with their silly attachments so I don't know much about them, but I do understand how a suppressor works.

16 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Correct but what is the difference as far as safety if the sights are changed?

I am asking seriously. 

Because the gun was designed to be used with or without a SUPRESSOR.  Not a metal tube that serves zero purpose other than for photographs or mall ninjas.

Let's let the guy have his fun..  Hell, I was interested in the results cuz I have the same gun and debated getting one for funsies and just for mall ninja tacticoolness.    He experimented for me.

I seem to remember someone getting a PISTOL Bayonet too, Ray :D

• Like 1

Because the gun was designed to be used with or without a SUPRESSOR.  Not a metal tube that serves zero purpose other than for photographs or mall ninjas.
So the baffles make it operable and the lack there of make it not? Also it wouldn't function properly with an extended barrel?

I am in complete agreement that it is stupid. I just can't wrap my head around why a company would risk everything to make a product similar to one they make but is inherently dangerous.

Let's let the guy have his fun..  Hell, I was interested in the results cuz I have the same gun and debated getting one for funsies and just for mall ninja tacticoolness.    He experimented for me.

I seem to remember someone getting a PISTOL Bayonet too, Ray [emoji3]

You aren't serious about someone buying a pistol bayonet. Now that is stupid. How the heck would that even work? Bayonet lug mounted to frame?

17 minutes ago, capt14k said:

So the baffles make it operable and the lack there of make it not? Also it wouldn't function properly with an extended barrel?

I am in complete agreement that it is stupid. I just can't wrap my head around why a company would risk everything to make a product similar to one they make but is inherently dangerous.

I don't understand how a tube could be inherently dangerous.

Heck - @Frankie Raffaele - If you want, I can try it on my M9A3 for funsies and we'll catalog the results.

It goes on the rail on something like a Glock LOL

Just saw pics. Surprised anyone makes that or buys it. I believe it was the Brits that gave a bayonet a go for the Webley. It was not very popular. Though the Pritchard bayonets sell for good money today due to rarity. Trench knife was more effective. A hundred years earlier there was a cutlass that attached to a flintlock. I guess ever hundred years someone revives the idea.

12 hours ago, RecessedFilter said:

Anywho, time to bring out some more hate!It was done for compliance.

I'm not taking any comments personally, you won't offend me haha trust me.

what if i said i want to touch that thing, inappropriately... and im not ashamed to admit it

altho if it was me id put a non folding triangle folder on it, just to ramp up the hate

1 hour ago, RecessedFilter said:

We as a group decide how other people make choices?

that has been a fundamental flaw of all of society, increasingly so in recent years, which i attribute to the social-media fueled internet driven dopamine imbalanced me to generation mostly, but were all pissed the left is telling us what to do with our stuff, while telling this dude what to do with his stuff...

41 minutes ago, SuRrEaLNJ said:

what if i said i want to touch that thing, inappropriately... and im not ashamed to admit it

altho if it was me id put a non folding triangle folder on it, just to ramp up the hate

that has been a fundamental flaw of all of society, increasingly so in recent years, which i attribute to the social-media fueled internet driven dopamine imbalanced me to generation mostly, but were all pissed the left is telling us what to do with our stuff, while telling this dude what to do with his stuff...

Would you prefer a threesome with this one too? Haha

IMG_20180510_103458.jpg

High Exposure having fun throwing fireballs:

IMG_20180425_194002060.jpg

I completely agree with the rest of your post and you are spot on. That's why I get frustrated when some gun enthusiasts, especially on forums, are so opinionated and close minded...when they will accuse leftists of being close minded 10mins later. Lots of hypocrisy. 

Whatever happened to just letting people do what they want? You want a bayonet on your pistol, go for it. You want to hack down a collectible Finnish mosin and make some bubba custom rifle? Go for it. It's not your gun so stop whining!

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

You aren't serious about someone buying a pistol bayonet. Now that is stupid. How the heck would that even work? Bayonet lug mounted to frame?

Totally ridiculous 

016.jpg

6 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Here is what is amazing to me.  We, as a group, make recommendations on what to put on and NOT put on your firearm. 

Nobody says yes to putting on the "tactical nuts" that hang on an AR. 

Nobody says yes to a pistol mounted on the end of an AR.

Nobody says yes to a knife mounted on the AR.

Yet, I mention a fake can is stupid and he comes the forum to correct me.  Nope

The can is stupid, dangerous and ridiculous. 

Adios

Lasagna Ray 

Well whats amusing to me Ray, is you taking issue with a fake can on a pistol when YOU put a bayonet on yours!!! Or have you forgotten about that? And let me be clear, I am not correcting anyone. Im merely putting out some different perspectives for consideration. I dont care what anyone puts on their guns as long as its not a safety issue and in this case I dont see a safety issue with the info provided. The question was not, will this fake can make me a wonder shot or tactical god. If that was the question the answers would be different. I really dont care if someone wants to add a little cosplay to their recreation. Its none of my business no matter what I think of it. My perspective is more in the replica vien. Similar to having a semi auto 1919. It really has no functionality other than being the closest representation to the real thing that most people can own. In that perspective I could see the reason to want/have one.

Totally ridiculous 
016.thumb.jpg.4807c75635de35dfab25379d4cd14cc2.jpg
Yes that is ridiculous looking. You did that as a joke right? One day I was bored and bought a bunch of silly things for my AR-15. Did it to make it look as ridiculous as possible. By the time I was done every rail was filled green laser, green/red dot tactical, magnifier, flashlight, hand brace (that one I liked), carry handle, and there was one more thing. Rifle was heavier than a Garand.

11 hours ago, vladtepes said:

any gun is "fun to shoot".. even guns I do not particularly like..

but again the point really is for me.. adding non functioning parts to a gun.. I just lack the ability to process it.. I just don't see the cool factor in a part that makes a gun more front heavy... more difficult to aim (needing to get suppressor sights).. while not adding any functional advantage.. I respect that everyone is different and has different opinions.. I just don't get it.. 

I totally agree that a faux suppressor doesn't serve a purpose as far as functionality goes. We're gonna have to agree to disagree where ones interpretation of fun is.

Regards,

TokenEntry

2 hours ago, RecessedFilter said:

Would you prefer a threesome with this one too? Haha

the things i would do for that one should probably not be said in public.... she is beautiful. like give you a kidney liver my wife and kids for it beautiful....

the things i would do for that one should probably not be said in public.... she is beautiful. like give you a kidney liver my wife and kids for it beautiful....
That just goes to show beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone has different opinions and that is fine. If we all liked the same thing the world would be a boring place.

4 hours ago, RecessedFilter said:

It was done for compliance. I'm not taking any comments personally, you won't offend me haha trust me. I get what you're saying but that's why we in America can make the choices we want to make.

That m92 has a faux suppressor on it to meet 16" barrel length.

Thank you for the clarification! Might send you a PM later regarding questions on that pretty m92, but will try to find answers in your older posts about the rifle.

We as a group decide how other people make choices? Cmon man! If someone wants to put tactical nuts on their gun, so be it. This all goes back to j0n posting on the first page how this all comes down to 2A and we as Americans being able to make the

Fake suppressor threads onto a barrel. Barrel shroud goes over the barrel (sleeved) and usually threads onto a front sight block that's threaded.

Couldn't think of the proper description late last night, sleeved.

Regards,

TokenEntry

combloc guns and russian red makes me tight in the swimsuit region. i may have a bit of a problem and need a program some days....
You want a quality AK move out of NJ and get a Finnish Valmet.

since this was commented a bunch of times.. the tube in itself if made correctly.. straight threads and all that would likely not "grenade and throw metal everywhere" like I stated earlier.. I was simply going by the fact that the OP said he shot the gun at a distance where it was virtually impossible to miss.. and the round never made impact.. the concern that created was the the round may have struck the inside of the tube.. 

with that said.. I stand by the statement that I would not shoot a gun I could not properly aim.. maybe some people disagree.. 

but to the comment about the whole "being intolerant to someone liking something thats different" or whatever.. I am simply stating my opinion.. I think its silly.. its his money.. he can do whatever he wants.. a gun is a tool to me.. 

my "black rifles with all their stupid accessories" are function driven.. there is a light.. so I can shoot in the dark.. there is a sling to stabilize the weapon... there is a collapsible stock so I can adjust it to where I want it.. 

the parts chosen are selected because they server a purpose.. I TOTALLY understand that some people like create a certain "look"... and thats fine and all.. but again.. personally I think its silly.. now in the AK instance.. where you are mounting a fake suppressor to get past the NFA regulations.. thats totally different.. the item serves a use...

there really is no need to debate this.. everyone is in to different stuff.. I think the big struggle for me is I used to deal with this a lot when I was into cars.. so its set this conditioning in my mind.. cars that were basically stock.. with lots of "go fast looking" parts... its like playing make believe or something.. LOL there is just something off for it with me.. especially when the end result is a decrease in performance.. 

• Like 1