Sign in to follow this  
Sevenshot

Town makes itself sanctuary city for gun owners

http://www.effinghamdailynews.com/news/local_news/effingham-county-now-a-sanctuary-for-gun-owners/article_325483da-d0cd-53dc-a983-61abf873834d.html

When I discuss anything 2a related to anyone anti-2a, I always focus the conversation on what precedents may be set.

Libs were ok with Obama's gazillion executive orders? How about now that Trump can do it?

Giving the middle finger to the feds while doing something illegal that liberals believe in? Well now that middle finger to the feds is being used for something liberals feel strongly against. Though symbolic in this case, I think the story could act as a call to action.

And going further, is it ok to set "common sense" restrictions to the 2nd amendment? This sets the precedent that can be applied to the 1st amendment. Cool with that? Think ahead.

Just as much of a waste of time as anything else. The specific wording makes it simultaneously unenforceable and impotent. 

Might I also point out the irony that there is already a law on the books that directs officials at all levels of government not to do such a thing?(The Second Amendment)

Sounds like the Sheriff need a to grow a backbone.  From the article:

"Sheriff Dave Mahon agreed that it was a county board decision and would not control his office.

Mahon said that if such a potentially unconstitutional law were to be passed by the state, he would consult with the state's attorney and the legal counsel of the Illinois Sheriff's Association before deciding what actions to take."