silverado427

Gov murphy's gun tax

I’m sick of hearing him and all the other libs saying we’re getting a lot back for our money. We’re not getting shit back. Just look at our roads. It’s been a year since the extra gas tax was passed and we still have roads like the surface of the moon. Just talked to my buddy down in Virginia the other day. He’s got a 3 bedroom house on 6 acres next to a lake. Has  all the city services we get here. He pays $2500 a year in taxes while I’m over here paying over 10k for similar house on an 1/8 of an acre 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, voyager9 said:

I don’t know how it is constructed in his budget. If this is a new “tax” on firearms then there is a case.  If it is raising the “fee” for NJSP to be a NICS proxy then it probably cant be fought. 

Depends, NICS is free in many states... just like voting. I don't believe anyone has gone after the NICS fee to begin with, on top of all the others fees.

10 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Gotta be careful blasting the state government for our Property Tax. At least for mine 70% of it is local/district school system. 

That just means there's plenty of blame to go around...    :)

2 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

He'll be the Gov. for the ones who stay.........great.

Well, like no shit? He is the Governor of NJ, and its residents.. lol. Should someone remind him thats the point of his job? To represent the people in and of NJ.

None of it changes the result of people leaving, and the taxes they take with them. Now, he just sounds like a bigger idiot.

4 minutes ago, W2MC said:

That just means there's plenty of blame to go around...    :)

To be fair, most districts should be receiving state tax dollars for educaton.

If you took the Newark Schools money received from the state and others and distributed it FAIRLY to all districts. that 70% would look more like 50%. The fact is, we pay for our own schools, and then we pay for all the abbots and the inner cities.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Indianajonze said:

Listen, if I was of a socioeconomic status which caused me to be exempt from any taxes (federal state local) while at the same time reap the vast rewards of the taxes paid by others, I'd be all for them too. No tax could possibly be too high because I am exempt. And that, in a nutshell, is why the welfare state is so deeply flawed

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy...” 
― Alexander Fraser Tytler

• Like 3

A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy...” 
― Alexander Fraser Tytler

Oh man you forgot about the best part of that quote. TO BE FOLLOWED BY A DICTATORSHIP

now, hand over your arms. You know, for the children

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Indianajonze said:

Oh man you forgot about the best part of that quote. TO BE FOLLOWED BY A DICTATORSHIP

now, hand over your arms. You know, for the children

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

And don't forget to pay your gun disposal tax on the way  out.

Yeah! more taxes! that we can't deduct on our Federal Return due to the anticipated impact of a Murphy tax screw job (which we knew was coming( and Trump caps! on tax deductions.  Buy everything out of State and have it shipped here! (However the US Supreme Court has a case pending decision where various States want to Scrap the internet sales tax exemption so in State merchants can compete with out of State vendors who do not collect sales tax on internet sales because they do not have a physical presence in N.J. This State is in real bad financial shape not the least of which is that Christy raided the State pension funds and now only about 1/3 of the States future pension obligations is presently funded and at the present rate will run out of money for younger employees who are forced to pay into the system.

59 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Well, like no shit? He is the Governor of NJ, and its residents.. lol. Should someone remind him thats the point of his job? To represent the people in and of NJ.

None of it changes the result of people leaving, and the taxes they take with them. Now, he just sounds like a bigger idiot.

To be fair, most districts should be receiving state tax dollars for educaton.

If you took the Newark Schools money received from the state and others and distributed it FAIRLY to all districts. that 70% would look more like 50%. The fact is, we pay for our own schools, and then we pay for all the abbots and the inner cities.

Agree. That’s why I said it is more complicated for property tax. Unlike other taxes and fees that go right into the state’s coffers. 

1 hour ago, SJG said:

Yeah! more taxes! that we can't deduct on our Federal Return due to the anticipated impact of a Murphy tax screw job (which we knew was coming( and Trump caps! on tax deductions.  Buy everything out of State and have it shipped here! (However the US Supreme Court has a case pending decision where various States want to Scrap the internet sales tax exemption so in State merchants can compete with out of State vendors who do not collect sales tax on internet sales because they do not have a physical presence in N.J. This State is in real bad financial shape not the least of which is that Christy raided the State pension funds and now only about 1/3 of the States future pension obligations is presently funded and at the present rate will run out of money for younger employees who are forced to pay into the system.

How do you figure christie raided the funds. Edited 

7 hours ago, Bt Doctur said:

Didnt Corzine try the same smoke and mirror tax raising scheme?

...and Murphy will have the same result.  He's already on the track to being a one-term governor...

19 hours ago, AlDente67 said:

How does Goldman turn a profit with idiots like this creep come from upper management with no concept of economics.  The best was when Corzine tried to start his own hedge fund and lost all the money.

You answered your own question.  The companies went broke, the investors got screwed, but management still got paid.   Sucks doesn't it. Lehman Bros. wouldn't play ball with Obumers bailout on our dime, so  he let them go belly up.

On 5/29/2018 at 1:01 AM, AlDente67 said:

How does Goldman turn a profit with idiots like this creep come from upper management with no concept of economics.  The best was when Corzine tried to start his own hedge fund and lost all the money.

The best analogy to Goldman I can think of is a pirate ship. A very big one.

Corzine's hedge fund just wasn't big enough not to fail.