Sign in to follow this  
Matroskin

Federal Aluminum Ammo

Either range should be fine with aluminum cased ammo although bullethole did at one time restrict S&B ammo for some arbitrary reason.  Their main concern is for steel core or bi-metal jacketed bullets, which dish out a beating on the backstops and make sparks.

Either range should be fine with aluminum cased ammo although bullethole did at one time restrict S&B ammo for some arbitrary reason.  Their main concern is for steel core or bi-metal jacketed bullets, which dish out a beating on the backstops and make sparks.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On 4/19/2018 at 8:36 PM, Matroskin said:

I got bunch of cheaper FMJ aluminum case ammo, do you know if GFH or Bullet Hole will have a problem with it?

I used Magtech alluminum cases there a loooong time ago at the shit (bullet) hole and they had no issues.  Went back a month or so later, no go.  It has nothing to do with the backstop, it has everything to do with making money off of your brass.  Go to GFH, or Long Shot.  

• Like 1

I used Magtech alluminum cases there a loooong time ago at the shit (bullet) hole and they had no issues.  Went back a month or so later, no go.  It has nothing to do with the backstop, it has everything to do with making money off of your brass.  Go to GFH, or Long Shot.  
Just to report back: went to GFH, shot 200 rounds without any questions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As someone who works big matches as a volunteer and only gets 'paid' with the brass we pick up, I hate the aluminium case crap.

It's only saving grace is that it is easily distinguished from real brass, unlike some of the shiny steel case stuff.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

On 4/19/2018 at 8:41 PM, fatty said:

Probably because S&B went form being reliably brass cased with a copper jacketed bullet to having that, plus gilding metal jackets, plus steel jacketed bullets that were plated to look like gilding metal. Trying to determine which was which was a huge PITA. I stopped bothering shopping for S&B because of it myself. 

18 hours ago, raz-0 said:

Probably because S&B went form being reliably brass cased with a copper jacketed bullet to having that, plus gilding metal jackets, plus steel jacketed bullets that were plated to look like gilding metal. Trying to determine which was which was a huge PITA. I stopped bothering shopping for S&B because of it myself. 

Now that you mention it, I think you're right.  It was a long time ago, but I do remember Manny going nuts with his magnet around the time he taped the sign on the range door.