Sign in to follow this  
ChrisJM981

NYPD Giving out gun licenses for bribes

https://nypost.com/2018/04/17/ex-cop-nypd-gun-license-division-was-a-bribery-machine/

Not that this should really surprise anyone, but still an interesting read. King Bloomberg would have been very angry that they were interfering with his suppression of constitutional rights!

They might as well have a had a hotline: 1-800-GIFTS4GUNS.

A former city cop spilled his guts Tuesday, telling Manhattan jurors about years worth of bribes he and his fellow officers received for doling out gun permits — everything from cash, prostitutes and expensive watches to baseball memorabilia and exotic vacations.

David Villanueva, an ex-supervisor in the NYPD’s License Division, said he and other cops — including officers Richard Ochetel and Robert Espinel and Lt. Paul Dean — were on the take for years from so-called gun expeditors.

In exchange, the officers doled out pistol permits like candy — even to people who should not have had them, Villanueva said.

12 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

TBH, I'd pay 3k for a NJ Carry permit if it was unrestricted and i wouldn't be regularly harrassed.. If it was a one time, lifetime thing..

This is NJ. The $3000 permit would be annual, you would have to re-qualify quarterly ($750 per, in High Point for south Jersey residents, in Cape May for north Jersey residents), you would need to pass weekly NICS ($25 per) and weekly visit to NJ's doctors to verify your mental health ($400 per), you wouldn't be allowed to carry on days that end in "y", police would be required to do a full vehicle search during any traffic stop of a NJCCW holder, and accidentally exposing your carry piece, let alone actually drawing it, would be a felony with minimum 7 year jail time. Using it under any circumstances would be murder, with 50 to life with no parole, plus the extra 7+ years. That is what NJ carry would be like if our 'lovely' state were dragged - kicking and screaming - into issuing carry permits.

• Like 2

This is NJ. The $3000 permit would be annual, you would have to re-qualify quarterly ($750 per, in High Point for south Jersey residents, in Cape May for north Jersey residents), you would need to pass weekly NICS ($25 per) and weekly visit to NJ's doctors to verify your mental health ($400 per), you wouldn't be allowed to carry on days that end in "y", police would be required to do a full vehicle search during any traffic stop of a NJCCW holder, and accidentally exposing your carry piece, let alone actually drawing it, would be a felony with minimum 7 year jail time. Using it under any circumstances would be murder, with 50 to life with no parole, plus the extra 7+ years. That is what NJ carry would be like if our 'lovely' state were dragged - kicking and screaming - into issuing carry permits.
Sadly you are right. That type of permit wouldn't be worth $3k.

We need SCOTUS to slap NJ around. The only way that happens is lawsuits, lots of them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I've been waiting my whole adult life for that, Cap. I still don't see it coming.

Sadly I don't see it happening with a case from NJ, but Kennedy retires and a California case would have the same effect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 4/20/2018 at 8:07 AM, ChrisJM981 said:

https://nypost.com/2018/04/17/ex-cop-nypd-gun-license-division-was-a-bribery-machine/

Not that this should really surprise anyone, but still an interesting read. King Bloomberg would have been very angry that they were interfering with his suppression of constitutional rights!

I remember this in the news. It was for carry.