Sign in to follow this  
Mrs. Peel

Hollywood Elites Launch Anti-NRA Campaign

I didn't see this posted yet. I'm posting it here - NOT in the 1A Lounge (so keep your language clean, pls - though it's a struggle with something like this, I know...), because I feel it's important that EVERYONE reads the link...

My own thoughts:

• One obvious thing that jumps out is that these are mainly Hollywood has-beens, with careers on a downward trajectory, perhaps looking for publicity to feed their own huge egos.
  • I'm guessing they can still afford private security more so than most of us though - the usual rich irony - they are protected by people with guns but want US disarmed. 
  • They are railing against the NRA - the usual over-the-top "blood on your hands" language - but the NRA is people like us! I've never shot at anything other than paper! Thus, their language offends me as I'm sure it does the vast majority of gun owners.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/alyssa-milano-alec-baldwin-amy-schumer-help-launch-anti-nra-campaign/ar-AAw7cOU?ocid=spartandhp&ffid=gz

I am wondering exactly how many on that list have held a gun in a movie and were paid for it, how much they were paid, and if added up, if their pay tops what NRA lobbying was. And exactly how many of them are prepared to return that "dirty" money. Not donate it. Return it.

I grow tired of people telling me what legal items I can't have because they don't like them. Even more so when they either profit from using those items in movies/TV, and/or when they themselves are protected by armed guards.

• Like 3

Alyssa Milano needs the exposure, Alec Baldwin is a two faced twit that blows in the wind and Amy Schumer is a known dumb ass.

But the article goes on to say they plan to expose the NRA for what it really is.  Good.  Go for it.  Expose it as the voice of millions using the democratic process of lobbying to defend constitutional rights.

• Like 2