Sniper

Anyone Know of Private Land that can be used for a private range?

I'm looking for some property or anyone who might have private land where I can take my sons shooting and we can expand our skills with different types of targets and competitions. Currently we either go to an indoor range (obviously limited to the narrow booths) or we go to Range 14, which is better, but still limited.

Preferably in the Ocean County area or Pinelands area where the noise won't piss off the neighbors.

I'm even open to purchasing or leasing land, or would consider purchasing with a few other guys to keep costs lower for all involved.

If anyone knows of such land or property, or actually owns some land and will lease it, shoot me a PM. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Might be moving to the Cherry hill Area, but this could be a cool idea if a few of us chipped in and made our own little range. Range 14 is nice but only being able to shoot steel at 200 yards kinda sucks.. A dueling tree would be pretty cool, even at 100yds.. Would need a nice chunk of land. Plus, i'd like to be able to shoot at pumpkins and crap.. LOL

Do you honestly believe that someone will answer this question with a yes?  Join the Old Bridge range. 

Better off joining CJRPC.

Unlikely anyone will lease land to be used as range, but I like his Co-op Range idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Do you honestly believe that someone will answer this question with a yes?  Join the Old Bridge range. 

Why, asking if anyone one knows of land for sale is so taboo??

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Depends on where the OP lives

I posted that in the OP... see below...

12 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

Preferably in the Ocean County area or Pinelands area

3 hours ago, capt14k said:

3 hours ago, capt14k said:

Better off joining CJRPC.

Isn't it basically the same thing there as Range 14. You're limited at what you can shoot and can't set up any type of drills?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

I posted that in the OP... see below...

Isn't it basically the same thing there as Range 14. You're limited at what you can shoot and can't set up any type of drills?

As mentioned, there are several ranges in NJ and PA that allow for staging of targets, movement, holster work, etc.. OBRPC, CJRPC, EFGA, amongst others.

I think folks are referring to the idea of leasing their land to allow for shooting. From a liability standpoint, it would be about the dumbest thing a landowner could possibly do.

Purchasing your own land? Have at it, although there are many considerations that have to be met as well.

IMO - your best bet would be to shoot some local idpa/uspsa/3-gun matches. You wouldn't have to devote the time/expense of buying gear (targets/steel/etc.), setting-up and tearing-down, maintenance.

I had a range set up at my old house. 2.5 acres in the pines, Nothing behind me for 7 miles. Installed a built in pool & had a berm made at rear of property. Only people that shot there were my immediate LEO family.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

Your first sentence in this thread asked if you can shoot on someone else's land.  Who in their right mind would allow a complete stranger AND HIS KIDS to shoot on their land?  

45 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Your first sentence in this thread asked if you can shoot on someone else's land.  Who in their right mind would allow a complete stranger AND HIS KIDS to shoot on their land?  

If you read further down, you would see I asked about leasing land.

Maybe this guy...

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

My partner leases 120 acres to hunt and shoot with 6 other guys in southern Warren.

I've seen many offers to lease land, just not in the geographical area I'm interested in. I actually looked at land for lease in Burlington County last year, but didn't take it, due to the amount of improvements we would need to make to it for a range.

• Like 1

Why don't you two just make love in the woods at that rest stop and get it over with. 

Believe it or not there are way more dumb ass threads on here than this one... like all the plumbing ones...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

I'm looking for some property or anyone who might have private land where I can take my sons shooting and we can expand our skills with different types of targets and competitions. 

Oye vey

9 hours ago, RichP said:

IMO - your best bet would be to shoot some local idpa/uspsa/3-gun matches. You wouldn't have to devote the time/expense of buying gear (targets/steel/etc.), setting-up and tearing-down, maintenance.

There is setup and tear down at matches but its not hard work especially if everone helps. People that don't help should really just stay home.

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

Oye vey

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Your first sentence in this thread asked if you can shoot on someone else's land. 

Are you really having that much difficulty reading my ENTIRE post? Should I find some kid to help you?

• Like 1

Why don't you two just make love in the woods at that rest stop and get it over with. 
Believe it or not there are way more dumb ass threads on here than this one... like all the plumbing ones...

Seems someone pissed in your Wheaties today. Why so angry?

1 hour ago, Sniper22 said:

If you read further down, you would see I asked about leasing land.

Maybe this guy...

I've seen many offers to lease land, just not in the geographical area I'm interested in. I actually looked at land for lease in Burlington County last year, but didn't take it, due to the amount of improvements we would need to make to it for a range.

Well, dirt is kinda what you make it. And they never make more dirt.

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Well, dirt is kinda what you make it. And they never make more dirt.

Actually, it was all trees, brush, scrubby crap, etc. We could hardly walk through it. It would have taken a Bobcat, chain saws and a bunch of Mexicans to try and clear areas to make shooting lanes and target areas.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

It would have taken a Bobcat, chain saws and a bunch of Mexicans to try and clear areas to make shooting lanes and target areas.

Savage points: 1

Actually, it was all trees, brush, scrubby crap, etc. We could hardly walk through it. It would have taken a Bobcat, chain saws and a bunch of Mexicans to try and clear areas to make shooting lanes and target areas.

People aren’t as open to leasing land for hunting like they used to be because of liability issues. Maybe a bigger problem leasing land for a range. I like your co-op range idea more. Small group buys land together and makes improvements together for their own private range.

12 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Balderdash!

39 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I like your co-op range idea more. Small group buys land together and makes improvements together for their own private range.

That's actually my first choice, buy it. Anyone know of vacant land for sale that doesn't have residential houses nearby?

I would rather own it and be able to do what ever we want. The ultimate would be to buy some land and make it a big boy's playground. Build a private range, trails for quads and ATVs, camping area and space for the grandsons to go crazy, build tree houses, etc..

A few people going in together on it would allow for buying a bigger piece of property.

That's actually my first choice, buy it. Anyone know of vacant land for sale that doesn't have residential houses nearby?
I would rather own it and be able to do what ever we want. The ultimate would be to buy some land and make it a big boy's playground. Build a private range, trails for quads and ATVs, camping area and space for the grandsons to go crazy, build tree houses, etc..
A few people going in together on it would allow for buying a bigger piece of property.
My ex-brother in law belonged to a place like that in Jackson/Manchester called Deerwoods. Loosely organized hunting club, with cabin, near Crystal lake, ATV trails, and range. Guys would go there and hunt, shoot, and ride all day then drink all night.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Sniper22 said:

The ultimate would be to buy some land and make it a big boy's playground. Build a private range, trails for orange 2 stroke dirt bikes, camping area and space for the grandsons to go crazy, build tree houses, etc..

fixed it for ya.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, capt14k said:

My ex-brother in law belonged to a place like that in Jackson/Manchester called Deerwoods. Loosely organized hunting club, with cabin, near Crystal lake, ATV trails, and range. Guys would go there and hunt, shoot, and ride all day then drink all night.

Then liability becomes an issue, Insurance will never cover all of those activities without some serious compensation!

Then liability becomes an issue, Insurance will never cover all of those activities without some serious compensation!
Not sure what they did about insurance. My guess is they had basic homeowners policy being they were all long time friends.

9 hours ago, 1563621 said:

Maybe they all signed waivers not to prosecute the gun club. There are enough private gun clubs around, if the high cost of liability insurance was an issue, I doubt they would still be around.

• Like 1