TokenEntry

The Operator's Guide to the 2 Point Quick Adjust Sling

Decent vid. That guy's definiton of "hasty sling" doesn't jibe with any description I have ever seen though. Every version of it I have run involves wrapping the forearm, although I have seen both head out and head in versions. Having tried both they work similarly. I've also done what this guy does, which cinches for tension, which works, but is a different technique IMO. 

11 hours ago, raz-0 said:

Decent vid. That guy's definiton of "hasty sling" doesn't jibe with any description I have ever seen though. Every version of it I have run involves wrapping the forearm, although I have seen both head out and head in versions. Having tried both they work similarly. I've also done what this guy does, which cinches for tension, which works, but is a different technique IMO. 

I had to look up the reference myself regarding "hasty sling" as I don't think it's used frequently. I thought the video was informative as it addresses the use of a 2 point sling on a rail system.

Regards,

TokenEntry

11 hours ago, TokenEntry said:

I had to look up the reference myself regarding "hasty sling" as I don't think it's used frequently. I thought the video was informative as it addresses the use of a 2 point sling on a rail system.

Regards,

TokenEntry

Like I said it is decent. You CAN use an adjustable 2 point sling as a hasty sling  (as is commonly understood) provided your sling mount is out front. 

A hasty sling is just taking that slack out of the system by some means.

You need slack in the sling in order to manipulate the rifle around your body. Slack is great so you have room to drive the gun and run admin functions, but when you are shooting you want it as tight  as possible to steady it. Before quick adjust 2 point slings, you had to set the sling length and leave it  - usually setting it somewhere in the middle of what was useful for both shooting and manipulating and using another means, like an arm wrap, to tighten it when necessary.

Before quick adjusts, you would wrap the sling around your arm to take the slack out and tighten it up. With the quick adjust, you don’t need to wrap the arm to take out the slack. You just need to grab the adjuster and cinch the sling down*.

In the end it’s the same thing. 

* If you have the sling set up correctly to do this.