Ray Ray

Port Authority Commissioner vs Tenafly PD

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/04/port_authority_commissioner_abruptly_resigns_in_wa.html

According to her company bio, she served on finance committees for Hillary Clinton and Gov. Jon Corzine. She had been chair of the Port Authority's Governance and Ethics Committee.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

She resigned from her position as Chair of the Port Authority Ethics Committee.  Turns out she was in violation of...the Ethics Policy.

You just won the internet for the Day!  :)  BRAVO!

36 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

She resigned from her position as Chair of the Port Authority Ethics Committee.  Turns out she was in violation of...the Ethics Policy.

It just doesn't get any better than this......!

I think it is a MIRACLE that cops don't lose their shit WAY more often than they do. I mean, can you imagine dealing with attitude like that on a recurring basis? Frankly, I thought their self-restraint was remarkable. That woman behaved like a damn fool. 

• Like 6

And she will land on her feet, appointed to another government agency making beaucoup bucks with credit for time served so she will collect that pension and free healthcare on our dime for life.  There ought to be a law!  Right, that don't work anymore because they just ignore them like the true criminals they are.  Is the sales tax back to 7% yet Phil?

1 hour ago, T Bill said:

Is the sales tax back to 7% yet Phil?

Give it until next week.

But the new Gun Sales Tax will start out at 50%, better than the 100% Ammo Sales Tax.

And NICS will go to $100 to try to clear up the state's deficit.

Just you wait and see...

ETA:

Just watched the video. I would have tazed her.

Edited by njJoniGuy

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

I wonder if that resignation comes with a pension and healthcare? 

It depends on how many years she has in. You need 25 years to get medical. Any amount of years if you were in it early enough Tier 1. Pension depends on your salary, I worked 12 years, resigned because my boss was a shit head. I get a pension but it is very small, no medical. There are a lot of misconceptions on the medical. At 65 you still have to take Medicare A&B and your State medical will cover other costs. State medical does not cover everything. My wife as a teacher contributes $1,200 a month for our state medical health plan. Free coverage is long gone.

I would have loved to been a fly in her car listening to her on the way home.  I saw a report tonight she also followed the police officers back to the station.  She's a nut job. Most liberals have no self control. That's why I think they want gun control so bad.  They think everyone else also has no self control just like them. 

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/38042867/police-ex-port-authority-official-who-berated-officers-continued-rant-at-station

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, gfl216 said:

Bad stop? Bad registration, blocked license plate, and illegal tint. What was bad about it? 

Didn't have registration, "blocked" license plate is a joke, and the window tint is legal in the state it's registered in. 

I don't know if the driver was giving the officer a hard time, but he went out of his way to impound the vehicle. 

9 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Didn't have registration, "blocked" license plate is a joke, and the window tint is legal in the state it's registered in. 

I don't know if the driver was giving the officer a hard time, but he went out of his way to impound the vehicle. 

I had to go to court and pay 176$ to Spotswood because i was driving my mothers vehicle and it turns out she didn't have an up to date insurance card in the vehicle. Vehicle is a 2018 Audi S5. PO stated he was well aware that the vehicle was obviously insured, and that he'd write me a ticket for some BS for 50 bucks or whatever and i'd be on my way.. Ended up getting court appearance for the insurance, and a ticket for a partially blocked plate (stupid Dealers license plate frame). They dropped the insurance one (thankfully) when i showed up with proof of insurance, but still got nabbed for a total of 176$ with court fees and all that fun stuff..... For a car i dont own, and was driving to go get some Ralphs icees for my mother...Oh, and spent 3-4 hours sitting around in a court room waiting.
Sometimes the PO's "just doing their jobs" do so within the law but well within the moral gray area, but, it is what it is.. Shoulda made sure their shit was registered.

5 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I can't tell what state that license plate is from.  Clearly a blocked plate violation..  I don't know how you know the tint is legal if you can't tell what state it's from.   I've gotten pulled over for expired registration before too - they can run your plate and find that out in seconds.  It had just expired and I had completely forgotten to renew... still could have been impounded.

I've also been stopped for tinted taillights... then windows... that was a pure moneymaking one and I don't think it was a legit stop as it's not a primary offense... but whatever.  Expired registration warrants a stop.

• Like 1

This happens all the time. At least once a tour you get a self entitled busybody butting in. This time it happens to be someone with something to lose. I give the cops credit. They followed their procedures very well.

Kill them with kindness and they will often dig their own grave.

Furthernore, as a Cop, at that point in the interaction (post investigation and summons) I have no right to tell anyone why someone else was stopped. The other driver was an adult and is capable of handling their own business. It’s not my job or my place to dessiminate why anyone was issued a ticket or arrested without their permission. You want to know so bad? Ask the person that received the summons.

How would she like it if the Cop went around telling everyone her business if she was ever stopped or arrested?

Also, the tint laws apply to the driver, not the car. If you have a N.J. DL and are operating an out of state vehicle that has tint in violation of N.J. MV statutes, you can absolutely be written a citation if stopped.

20 hours ago, Zeke said:

Also an advisor to the Clintons

This is my shocked face....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ChrisJM981 said:

It was a bad stop, so I get why she was pissed, but that's not how you act. 

What? Bad stop? :facepalm:

If the car was unregistered it was 100% a good stop.

Unregistered also usually means uninsured (read your policy, I bet it covers a legally registered motor vehicle). You want to know why insurance premiums suck? 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

I've also been stopped for tinted taillights... then windows... that was a pure moneymaking one and I don't think it was a legit stop as it's not a primary offense... but whatever. 

This is false.

I can stop anyone at anytime for improper equipment, improper lighting, maintenance of lamps, etc... all of which the tinted light covers fall under.

Also, the state gets all the $$ from traffic stops where a state statute was written (maybe a very small portion goes to the town) 

If you thing a cop cares for one second that he’s generating any revenue for the Boro/town/city/county/state etc... your bananas.