Ray Ray

Port Authority Commissioner vs Tenafly PD

7 minutes ago, PK90 said:

HE, I disagree on your tint statement. Where do you get that from?

ETA: POI, no proof of insurance is required for out of state vehicles. 39:3-17

This is the guidance we have received from our judges and prosecutor’s.

The statutes referring to equipment violations say ANY vehicle, not  N.J. registered vehicles only.

If you have a N.J. DL you are expected to know and follow the laws in N.J. - that’s what you agreed to do when you signed your DL. Driving an out of state vehicle doesn’t not remove your responsibility to follow the laws of the state you are licensed in.

I disagree.

What right, or statute, gives NJ Police the tight to stop me while i am driving my legally registered Arizona fully tinted vehicle?

Equipment violations can not be enforced on out of state vehicles.

I didn’t say you could be stopped for it, that would be improper. I said you could be issued a summons for it.

Example - I stop you for speeding in your AZ registered car with tinted windows. You provide me with a valid N.J. DL, I can issue you for the vehicle’s tint on your N.J. DL.

Moral of the story folks

Keep your paperwork in line so you don't have to get pulled over for questionable infractions. 

Now, back to the white privilege woman.  

Lock her up

• Like 1

Hmmm...towed for a paperwork violation?  That's unusual.  I suspect there's something more here.  

However it pales with Miss Commissioner, who turns-out to be the Authority's ethics rep, trying to badge her way thru.  An unexpected outgrowth of the camera and microphone movement.

1 hour ago, W2MC said:

Hmmm...towed for a paperwork violation?  That's unusual.  I suspect there's something more here.  

However it pales with Miss Commissioner, who turns-out to be the Authority's ethics rep, trying to badge her way thru.  An unexpected outgrowth of the camera and microphone movement.

It is not unusual at all. In fact, it is routine most places. I doubt there is any more to this story that want you see. Car is stopped and towed for being unregistered. Ignorant privileged witch comes in and tries to belittle the cops, throwing her weight around and makes a fool of herself.

By statute unregistered vehicles - from any state - can not be parked or operated on public roadways and Police are given specific authority to tow them.

39:3-4 - 

Except as hereinafter provided, every resident of this State and every nonresident whose automobile or motorcycle shall be driven in this State shall, before using such vehicle on the public highways, register the same, and no automobile or motorcycle shall be driven unless so registered.

... snip ...

No person owning or having control over any unregistered vehicle shall permit the same to be parked or to stand on a public highway.

Any police officer is authorized to remove any unregistered vehicle from the public highway to a storage space or garage, and the expense involved in such removal and storing of the vehicle shall be borne by the owner of the vehicle, except that the expense shall be borne by the lessee of a leased vehicle.

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Moral of the story folks

Keep your paperwork in line so you don't have to get pulled over for questionable infractions. 

Lock her up

Tazer her first.

• Like 1

That bitch was unhinged. I'd let her keep her job on a couple conditions. 

1. Drug test. For everything!  What's in her body. Lol

2. Psych evaluation. 

She'd fail both. I'd bet a bottle of bourbon on it. 

And if she did come back clean and passed the evaluation.. then that means she's just a rotten ignorant bitch. Feel bad for her kids. 

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Moral of the story folks

Lock her up

Raymond- Give it a BREAK !!!   It had nothing to do with her race.  Loose that "White Privilege" crap.

She was just a obnoxious democratic piece of shit.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Handyman said:

Riiiiight. And there’s no such thing as ticket quotas, either.

Nope, no quota. We can write as many tickets as we want. :D 

Seriously though - Here’s the thing about quotas: the cops know quotas are illegal. If a quota is even hinted at, hell, if a boss even brings up tickets as a measure of job productivity, you can expect cops and or PBA/FOP to bring forth a lawsuit against the town/city tout de suite.

She was appointed to this job in a political deal by Christie so the Dems would also let him appoint a Republican - more political crap in New Jermany.  Best of all this nasty bitch was put up for the job by none other than our dear friend POS Bitch Loretta Weinberg.

12 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Nope, no quota. We can write as many tickets as we want. :D 

Seriously though - Here’s the thing about quotas: the cops know quotas are illegal. If a quota is even hinted at, hell, if a boss even brings up tickets as a measure of job productivity, you can expect cops and or PBA/FOP to bring forth a lawsuit against the town/city tout de suite.

It has been this way in NJ since the 70s.

IIRC it was the Trooper's Association that took the ticket quota to court.

47 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

It is not unusual at all. In fact, it is routine most places. I doubt there is any more to this story that want you see. Car is stopped and towed for being unregistered. Ignorant privileged witch comes in and tries to belittle the cops, throwing her weight around and makes a fool of herself.

By statute unregistered vehicles - from any state - can not be parked or operated on public roadways and Police are given specific authority to tow them.

39:3-4 - 

Except as hereinafter provided, every resident of this State and every nonresident whose automobile or motorcycle shall be driven in this State shall, before using such vehicle on the public highways, register the same, and no automobile or motorcycle shall be driven unless so registered.

... snip ...

No person owning or having control over any unregistered vehicle shall permit the same to be parked or to stand on a public highway.

Any police officer is authorized to remove any unregistered vehicle from the public highway to a storage space or garage, and the expense involved in such removal and storing of the vehicle shall be borne by the owner of the vehicle, except that the expense shall be borne by the lessee of a leased vehicle.

(1) I guess either I'm old school or the PRNJ is more in force up north...towing for MERELY an expired registration is or used to be rare, and usually the consequence/result of a pissed-off officer. 

(2) Quotas?  While "officially" there is no quota, I remember an old cop friend used to tell his newbies the axiom "A ticket a day keeps the Sergeant away..."

Nowadays, breaks are rare. The first time you get sued when a car you should have towed gets in an accident after you let it drive off, you realize it’s more beneficial to not give breaks - if it says tow, you tow. You are less likely to be served that way.

And again, cops would love a boss to come up and hint at writing more tickets. Then that cop could retire with all the money he wins in the lawsuit after renaming the town after his dog.

10 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Didn't have registration, "blocked" license plate is a joke, and the window tint is legal in the state it's registered in. 

I don't know if the driver was giving the officer a hard time, but he went out of his way to impound the vehicle. 

my understanding is that they're really supposed to impound with no reg......

14 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

my understanding is that they're really supposed to impound with no reg......

Yup. They impounded my trailer because the plate expired and i had it in the street. They wouldnt let me move it 10ft into the driveway.. they fucked it up on the way to the lot, too. A 9K aluminum snowmobile trailer... 

Was worth it to see the asshole PO with like 5 huge wreckers (the type that tows semis) trying to tow it... i had a hitch lock on it... a driver pulled out bolt cutters as i walked out and found them trying to tow it and the cops like "unlock it or well cut it". I laughed, pointed out that they need an angle grinder as a bolt cutter cant bite on it, nor would it cut thru the steel even if it did... ended up voluntarily letting em tow it..

Cop insisted he left a warning requesting we move it... he "placed it" on the tongue of the trailer... very convenient for them that it must have flown away with the wind...

Some asshole cops here in EB...

7 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Can someone explain to me what white privilege is? This woman is an ASSHOLE! The fact that she is white has nothing to do with it. If she was black and you called her the uppity woman or some other derogatory name you would be accused of racism, shamed, and probably suspended or at least warned by the mods.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

wait? how the fuck is this a "white privilege" thing? it's got nothing at ALL to do with what color she's wrapped in. it's got to do with her being an asshat and thinking that her job title trumps the police.

"White Privilege"  is such BS.  Just one example of proof.  Get a white boy into college.  Enough said.

White males are one of the most, if not the most, groups discriminated against.

The Progressives want you to feel guilty about being a white male.  

Maybe Ray is a "Progressive"  

Feel guilty about being white Ray?

• Like 1

Here's here "apology".

She tries to paint herself as a victim and push blame to the police.  Clearly she doesn't get it:

" Last month, my daughter and three of her friends were in a car that was pulled over by a Tenafly police officer for non-moving violations, including having tinted windows. The officers subsequently decided to impound the vehicle, leaving the four young adults on the side of a busy highway. Concerned, I hurried to the scene to assist them. As a parent, I was upset and uncomfortable with the unfolding events. I let my emotions get the better of me and regret my tone toward the police officers and use of off-color language. For this, I apologize. However, at no point did I violate the Port Authority's Code of Ethics or ask for special treatment for anyone involved, nor did I suggest, in any way, that I would use my position at the Port Authority to affect the outcome of the violations issued to the driver. My resignation from the Port Authority is a recognition that this unfortunate incident could and should have been avoided. As a long-time Tenafly resident, I have always taken an active role in the community, including working with law enforcement officials, and I encourage the Tenafly Police Department to review best practices with respect to tone and de-escalation, so that incidents like this do not recur. "

It’s privilege for sure, just not white privileged.

She is feels privileged by her position, not her race.

ETA: Oh, and fuck her apology. That’s a list of excuses, there is not a single apologetic thought in her useless rant. We are all dumber for having had to listen to her. I award her no points, and may God have mercy on her soul.

Edited by High Exposure
  • Like 14

38 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

Here's here "apology".

She tries to paint herself as a victim and push blame to the police.  Clearly she doesn't get it:

" Last month, my daughter and three of her friends were in a car that was pulled over by a Tenafly police officer for non-moving violations, including having tinted windows. The officers subsequently decided to impound the vehicle, leaving the four young adults on the side of a busy highway. Concerned, I hurried to the scene to assist them. As a parent, I was upset and uncomfortable with the unfolding events. I let my emotions get the better of me and regret my tone toward the police officers and use of off-color language. For this, I apologize. However, at no point did I violate the Port Authority's Code of Ethics or ask for special treatment for anyone involved, nor did I suggest, in any way, that I would use my position at the Port Authority to affect the outcome of the violations issued to the driver. My resignation from the Port Authority is a recognition that this unfortunate incident could and should have been avoided. As a long-time Tenafly resident, I have always taken an active role in the community, including working with law enforcement officials, and I encourage the Tenafly Police Department to review best practices with respect to tone and de-escalation, so that incidents like this do not recur. "

NOTICE that she words it in such a way as to try and make people think that the tint was the reason? leaves out that it had to be impounded for the reg?  and that the way she said "who" she was was in itself asking for special treat,emt?  and really? she's trying to blame them?? i saw those guys being calm well beyond the point that i feel then had to. i almost feel that they could've found a reason to arrest her based on her behavior, had they really truly wanted to

1 hour ago, 124gr9mm said:

Here's here "apology".

This is the kind of person who cannot ever see themselves as wrong or at fault.  Her non-apology is complete nonsense and she uses the entire paragraph of text to blame the cops.  She's such a shithead.

"and I encourage the Tenafly Police Department to review best practices with respect to tone and de-escalation, so that incidents like this do not recur."

This shit... THIS is how you end an apology? By saying that it is the PO's faults that you're a shitbag and can't control yourself? REALLY?

1 hour ago, 124gr9mm said:

Here's here "apology".

Sorry not sorry.