Ray Ray

Port Authority Commissioner vs Tenafly PD

3 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

Yup. They impounded my trailer because the plate expired and i had it in the street. They wouldnt let me move it 10ft into the driveway.. they fucked it up on the way to the lot, too. A 9K aluminum snowmobile trailer... 

Was worth it to see the asshole PO with like 5 huge wreckers (the type that tows semis) trying to tow it... i had a hitch lock on it... a driver pulled out bolt cutters as i walked out and found them trying to tow it and the cops like "unlock it or well cut it". I laughed, pointed out that they need an angle grinder as a bolt cutter cant bite on it, nor would it cut thru the steel even if it did... ended up voluntarily letting em tow it..

Cop insisted he left a warning requesting we move it... he "placed it" on the tongue of the trailer... very convenient for them that it must have flown away with the wind...

Some asshole cops here in EB...

This one should result in a discussion with his Chief...and if not there, the Mayor & Council.   

Eh... she's just a cranky bitch, nothing more complicated than that. The fact that her own adult daughter and friends just kept their mouths clamped shut during the whole episode tells you something about that woman and how she probably tends to handle things. I'm sure they knew she was heading straight into unhinged Bitchville.... and they didn't want to have her wrath turned on themselves.  Honestly, I love that she followed-up with that pathetic non-apology... she's just keeps digging the hole deeper... making a complete laughingstock of herself. Great entertainment value for the rest of us. :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, W2MC said:

(1) I guess either I'm old school or the PRNJ is more in force up north...towing for MERELY an expired registration is or used to be rare, and usually the consequence/result of a pissed-off officer. 

(2) Quotas?  While "officially" there is no quota, I remember an old cop friend used to tell his newbies the axiom "A ticket a day keeps the Sergeant away..."

I don't know about cutting breaks for expired registration.

When I was on a police department in the 70s expired registration was always a mandatory tow.  Your car wasn't released until you showed up at headquarters with a valid registration, insurance id, and drivers license.

Now I'll expand a bit on what @High Exposure said.  Say the cop lets the person with the expired registration go and they get involved in an accident. If the other party finds out they were stopped, days, hours, or minutes earlier, for expired registration most would look at it as the cop's decision was the reason for the accident.  If the cop wrote the ticket and towed the car the accident wouldn't have happened.

As far as "a ticket a day keeps the sergeant away"  maybe in some jurisdictions.  People bitch about cops in low crime towns about cops sitting in a car for 8 hours with no calls eating donuts.  If those cops write a few tickets the same people complain.

6 hours ago, W2MC said:

(1) I guess either I'm old school or the PRNJ is more in force up north...towing for MERELY an expired registration is or used to be rare, and usually the consequence/result of a pissed-off officer. 

(2) Quotas?  While "officially" there is no quota, I remember an old cop friend used to tell his newbies the axiom "A ticket a day keeps the Sergeant away..."

my 12 second gt got towed back in 01 for expired reg. a couple of my towns officers that know me showed up at the call......but they couldn't do  anything. it has to be towed without registration......otherwise the pd is on the hook for any damage if you cause a crash

Ha! And now she's getting publicly censured by the Port Authority. Oh, my... poor Caren's having a VERY bad week, isn't she? Just. Can't. Stop. Laughing!!!

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/04/port_authority_slams_caren_turner_over_ethics_afte.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Ha! And now she's getting publicly censured by the Port Authority. Oh, my... poor Caren's having a VERY bad week, isn't she? Just. Can't. Stop. Laughing!!!

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/04/port_authority_slams_caren_turner_over_ethics_afte.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

My heart soars like an eagle!

Stupid should hurt

• Like 6

That is one of the worse cases of SPOILED Brat that I have ever seen.. No if she really new what she was doing and was as smart a she said she was then she would have know she was being recorded!!!

SHE SHOULD BE RELIEVE OF ANY COMMISSIONERS POSITION SHE HAS OR MIGHT HAVE. And take any other tiles she might hold away from her too.

And a GREAT JOB by the police officers... Well Done.

54 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I'm really enjoying the way this whole story is playing out...   It seems there was quite a disconnect between her perceived importance, and the clout that actually comes from working for the Port Authority.

I always liked the Thomas Fuller quote:  "Let not thy will roar, when thy power can but whisper."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

You know you’ve fucked up when even the folks at the Port Authority say “whoa, too far”. 

Though you know they did it so the focus doesn’t fall on the rest of them.  Most of the people on the board probobly came to their jobs the same way and have the same attitude as she does.  Hers was just recorded on camera. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

You know you’ve fucked up when even the folks at the Port Authority say “whoa, too far”. 

Though you know they did it so the focus doesn’t fall on the rest of them.  Most of the people on the board probobly came to their jobs the same way and have the same attitude as she does.  Hers was just recorded on camera. 

Excellent poignant point! The caste and crew!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

she wasn't using her position in society. she was using her position in employment.

means the same thing, to her 

if she were a black woman, would you be calling it "black privilege"?

no, it would be called using the race card

I went looking for what qualified her for this position and found that she was "put forward" for the job by no other then Loretta Weinberg! And why? "in part because she was a women from Bergen County," WTF! At least it's not a paying job. So no pension or severance. I guess that little gold badge was her perk. Now it looks like all the other commissioners may loose theirs. 

46 minutes ago, SmittyMHS said:

I went looking for what qualified her for this position and found that she was "put forward" for the job by no other then Loretta Weinberg! And why? "in part because she was a women from Bergen County," WTF! At least it's not a paying job. So no pension or severance. I guess that little gold badge was her perk. Now it looks like all the other commissioners may loose theirs. 

We need an apology from Loretta Weinberg for referring this bitch. I'd be nice if we could hold her accountable for this bitch's actions.

• Like 3

I don't think I made it 20 seconds in before wanting to see her slammed down on the police car hood and cuffs being applied. I suppose its a good thing i am not a cop, because those two are saints for dealing with that bitch the way they did.

I am amazed I didn't hear an "I pay your salary" or other old classics from her mouth, but I guess she thought she was hot shit with her badge. I am enjoying reading about her fall and hope it is hard and painful. Her lack of remorse is pathetic, and I hope she loses friends over this. And if it were to take down our esteemed friend of the 2A Whineberg, that would just be icing on the cake...

I wonder if those kids thought she was going to going to help them and prevent the car from getting towed? If they knew what she is like, she should be the last one to call. Unless they wanted more problems.

The video needs a blood pressure warning beforehand...

22 hours ago, DaddyNick said:

That bitch was unhinged. I'd let her keep her job on a couple conditions. 

1. Drug test. For everything!  What's in her body. Lol

2. Psych evaluation. 

She'd fail both. I'd bet a bottle of bourbon on it. 

And if she did come back clean and passed the evaluation.. then that means she's just a rotten ignorant bitch. Feel bad for her kids. 

Her kids? LOL!   I feel sorry for the guy that had to bang her to GET those kids.  What kind of loser would marry THAT? I would have smashed her face in...she needs it.

10 hours ago, Malice4you said:

I wonder if those kids thought she was going to going to help them and prevent the car from getting towed? If they knew what she is like, she should be the last one to call. Unless they wanted more problems.

Make no mistake about it, her kid is a self entitled little bitch just like her mom. I guarantee that she said "I'll just call my mom" thinking that she would be able to get them out of it. I'm confident in saying that the whole family is a bunch of assholes.

No, her daughter called her mom for a ride home.  Not to get her homo boyfriend out of the ticket and tow.  Although I am quite confident she expected mom to fix everything when she arrived.

44 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

this is an asshat that thinks her job title gets her and her family off the hook. nothing more, nothing less.

She arrived on the scene thinking that.   She left with at least a dim realization that a plastic badge handed out for a volunteer position at a non-LE agency doesn't mean much. 

To paraphrase Sheldon Cooper, '...and here's my Justice League membership card, that doesn't prove I know Batman'.

That's right, I quoted Thomas Fuller AND the Big Bang Theory in the same thread.

10X, Renaissance Man.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 10X said:

She arrived on the scene thinking that.   She left with at least a dim realization that a plastic badge handed out for a volunteer position at a non-LE agency doesn't mean much. 

To paraphrase Sheldon Cooper, '...and here's my Justice League membership card, that doesn't prove I know Batman'.

That's right, I quoted Thomas Fuller AND the Big Bang Theory in the same thread.

10X, Renaissance Man.

Bazinga!

• Like 1

Probably my favorite comment from the article:

• Highway SergeantWe have to lighten up a little on Caren Turner. After all, while I fully agree that she’s a classless, arrogant, condescending elitist with all the trappings of a modern day liberal Democrat who was the finance chair for the HIllary Clinton and Jon Corzine in New Jersey, as a Liberal Democrat she can’t be expected to have class or poise. For the most part, Democrats are boorish bottomfeeders who want to keep the people dependent upon them for handouts just as they did in the 19th century when they were the Party in favor of slavery. It’s in Democrats’ blood. They don’t see themselves being answerable to authority as the rest of us are. They’re better than we are; just ask them. And the privileged Mercedes Benz driving Caren Turn is one of them so she’s just being what she is, a supercilious, arrogant Democrat of Privilege who thinks she’s better that the rest of us. We saw it on tape.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, siderman said:

i must have missed this, where was it ?

This is all anyone needs to know about this woman.  She is a true asshole.

"As a long-time Tenafly resident, I have always taken an active role in the community, including working with law enforcement officials, and I encourage the Tenafly Police Department to review best practices with respect to tone and de-escalation, so that incidents like this do not recur," she said.

5 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

This is all anyone needs to know about this woman.  She is a true asshole.

"As a long-time Tenafly resident, I have always taken an active role in the community, including working with law enforcement officials, and I encourage the Tenafly Police Department to review best practices with respect to tone and de-escalation, so that incidents like this do not recur," she said.

De-Escalation, really?  The officer should be the one teaching the course - he did an exemplary job of keeping his cool.  I cannot imaging being in his shoes and staying as calm as he did.  I would have had her in cuffs or worse.