Bully

Starting my First Bolt Gun Build

Would you just finish this thing already?  Some of us have been waiting months to see this thing completed, but nooooo....you have to take your time.  Who do you think you are?

Seriously, this is such a cool project, and I really hope that some day, I can do something half as awesome, and that it is half the shooter I already know this thing will be.  The only difference being that if I were to ever undertake a project like this, I'd probably do something like make a .22 rifle, because I should just embrace that I am a .22 fanboy.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Malice4you said:

Would you just finish this thing already?  Some of us have been waiting months to see this thing completed, but nooooo....you have to take your time.  Who do you think you are?

Seriously, this is such a cool project, and I really hope that some day, I can do something half as awesome, and that it is half the shooter I already know this thing will be.  The only difference being that if I were to ever undertake a project like this, I'd probably do something like make a .22 rifle, because I should just embrace that I am a .22 fanboy.

@Bully kinda a big deal

9 hours ago, Malice4you said:

I'm moving slowly because I'm scared shitless that I'm gonna bang it up.  That's the truth.  

17 hours ago, Old School said:

Hey Handsome ---  Did you make the jig the barrel is held in?

16 hours ago, Bully said:

No sir. Gre-Tan rifles. 

I thought when he said hey handsome he meant me.  

1 minute ago, Old School said:

Jeremiah 4:30

What are you doing, you devastated one? Why dress yourself in scarlet and put on jewels of gold? Why highlight your eyes with makeup? You adorn yourself in vain. Your lovers despise you; they want to kill you

And never loose sight of the fact...I now live in the Bible Belt

So, for those not in the know...

So I tried to chamber my barrel.  I made some rookie mistakes and wound up screwing the pooch.  I then tried to fix it.  I got in a rush and was aggravated and subsequently wound up crashing my spider jig into my machine.  My pride and 4 bolts were the only things damaged thankfully.  Oddly I wasn't pissed at myself, I was actually chuckling with a friend about it shortly afterwards (he's a 30year tool and die maker and machinist and has blown up 500lbs parts on a grinder).  So I went back to square -1 and cut a blank out of 1.250 cold rolled steel and threaded and chambered it to dimension.  It came out better than I would have thought.  So I now have a different process that I am going to use, I just need to make a couple of parts on the lathe and find some 4gauge scrap solid copper wire and I'll be in business.  I'm beyond excited as I feel pretty confident that if I take my time and don't rush, that I'll have a good shooting rifle shortly.  

I'm hoping to get in the garage and get the parts made this week.  If I can, and find the wire, I should be able to chamber the rifle by next weekend.  I have a stock set aside already and the glass is waiting in the safe.  So this could be a good thing.

Thanks for following and I'll post as I go any new developments.  

• Like 3

Practice makes perfect! Right @High Exposure

5 minutes ago, Bully said:

So, for those not in the know...

So I tried to chamber my barrel.  I made some rookie mistakes and wound up screwing the pooch.  I then tried to fix it.  I got in a rush and was aggravated and subsequently wound up crashing my spider jig into my machine.  My pride and 4 bolts were the only things damaged thankfully.  Oddly I wasn't pissed at myself, I was actually chuckling with a friend about it shortly afterwards (he's a 30year tool and die maker and machinist and has blown up 500lbs parts on a grinder).  So I went back to square -1 and cut a blank out of 1.250 cold rolled steel and threaded and chambered it to dimension.  It came out better than I would have thought.  So I now have a different process that I am going to use, I just need to make a couple of parts on the lathe and find some 4gauge scrap solid copper wire and I'll be in business.  I'm beyond excited as I feel pretty confident that if I take my time and don't rush, that I'll have a good shooting rifle shortly.  

I'm hoping to get in the garage and get the parts made this week.  If I can, and find the wire, I should be able to chamber the rifle by next weekend.  I have a stock set aside already and the glass is waiting in the safe.  So this could be a good thing.

Thanks for following and I'll post as I go any new developments.  

We learn by doing.