Bully

Starting my First Bolt Gun Build

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Seriously this is badass. All the way from meat chicken to joisey. Bully built! 

This one was built here and only here.  My 223 was built in Michigan.

36 minutes ago, TokenEntry said:

Very nice! I like the classic wood stock look.

*Did you choose wood over synthetic due to the added weight or was it just personal preference?

Regards,

TokenEntry

Honestly it is strictly an aesthetic thing.  I love the look of walnut stocks.  They're beautiful.  I stripped this one and spent some time sanding it just a bit and hit it with Tung Oil for 5 or 6 coats.  It's got a really nice warmth to it and a great feel.  If this was a "working" gun, laminate or synthetic would get the nod.  Thanks for the kind words.

1 minute ago, Bully said:

Honestly it is strictly an aesthetic thing.  I love the look of walnut stocks.  They're beautiful.  I stripped this one and spent some time sanding it just a bit and hit it with Tung Oil for 5 or 6 coats.  It's got a really nice warmth to it and a great feel.  If this was a "working" gun, laminate or synthetic would get the nod.  Thanks for the kind words.

You really did a good job on refinishing the stock. I was not too fond of the original stock color and did not want to make any criticism of it because it's your money, your rifle, your time to spend on it. Anyone who criticizes can try to do the same thing you did to their own liking. IMO, the Tung Oil definitely added that perfect touch. The pictures alone tells me it's not something you can buy off the rack.

FYI - This is just my bias opinion from seeing this rifle in pictures.

Regards,

TokenEntry

• Like 2

Chris - All honesty, the rifle came out beautifully.  Congrats!  Now for a public announcement.  Folks, Chis does have an open invitation to come down here and shoot the distance.  Room and board included. And, he can even concealed carry here to protect that piece of art.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Old School said:

Chris - All honesty, the rifle came out beautifully.  Congrats!  Now for a public announcement.  Folks, Chis does have an open invitation to come down here and shoot the distance.  Room and board included. And, he can even concealed carry here to protect that piece of art.

Let's see what 2019 brings.  

And remember, I have 1k 1.5 hours away.  But not your pretty face.  :wub:

40 minutes ago, TokenEntry said:

You really did a good job on refinishing the stock. I was not too fond of the original stock color and did not want to make any criticism of it because it's your money, your rifle, your time to spend on it. Anyone who criticizes can try to do the same thing you did to their own liking. IMO, the Tung Oil definitely added that perfect touch. The pictures alone tells me it's not something you can buy off the rack.

FYI - This is just my bias opinion from seeing this rifle in pictures.

Regards,

TokenEntry

Thank you again for the kind words.  And the honesty.  It doesn't bother me.  Not even a little bit.  It's truly appreciated.

Whoa how did I miss this?  Well I actually had to go to work the last couple weeks, that’s over for the rest of the summer.  It’s bad ass, of course, but who’s the good looking dude test firing @Bully ‘s rifle?   That thing looks great and I was unsure on the stock at first but think it looks great now.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

Whoa how did I miss this?  Well I actually had to go to work the last couple weeks, that’s over for the rest of the summer.  It’s bad ass, of course, but who’s the good looking dude test firing @Bully ‘s rifle?   That thing looks great and I was unsure on the stock at first but think it looks great now.  

Thanks Bubba!!  Glad to see you back on again.  

Work's done for the summer...  good for you.