Sign in to follow this  
FishNHard

lookin for a mosin PU .

I have a real one with a discreet import marking.I got it a few years ago for $500 on Gunbroker. I got really lucky because I had no clue if it was legit or not. My rifle is a 1943 Tula made sniper rifle.It was rebuilt at the Izhevsk Arsenal postwar. 

https://flickr.com/photos/41606242@N06/sets/72157685667237072

Most of the rifles that were imported years ago were put togethers, so finding a good one can be difficult without breaking the bank.You can usually tell a real one by the barrel having a serial number and receiver markings. A Tula is usually easier to authenticate.

If you were to find a real one you are probably going to pay $1200+ for one with the large import marking. A rifle like mine would run $1500-2000

This one looks good.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/768614685

you can also try posting on gunboards in the Wtb section

I would not recommend not trying to resniper a ex sniper rifle. The mount has to be fitted properly to have an accurate rifle. That is why the scope number and receiver number are electro penciled on the mount.

Do not I repeat do not look to gunboards for advice on PU Snipers. There are maybe a handful of members left there that know what they are talking about. You want the correct info join RMNF. There are a whole lot of fake PU Snipers out there.

Also You can get a nice PU Sniper still for just under $1,000.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know most folks are holding on to what they have but id figure no harm in asking if anyone is looking to sell or know of anyone . GB has some listed but I'm not keen on what's a real one  or fake . plus looks like there getting some big bucks now.

A friend has a PU Sniper for sale. All Matching or forced matched. $950 + Shipping. PM me if interested he sent me pics yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey capt14k , if you wouldn't mined sending pics that would be great , would you know what the diff would be on forced matched  . thanks 
It is just the Floor plate that is force meaning electro penciled. All other numbers are original stamped matching. Except scope base which I believe was always electro penciled. The scope is a converted SVT-40 Scope done by the Russians when the Sniper was built. I am told this is as original as it gets.

I will PM pics

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk