Sign in to follow this  
Shawnmoore81

2018 freshwater fishing thread

1 hour ago, 9X19 said:

Any up north?

AFAIK Snakehead haven't invaded up far north yet - they're in south Jersey closer to the Delaware River... Think they've gotten up to Burlington County.  If they get up to North Jersey, that's a huge issue.

6 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Lake Champlain - Northern Pike right off the dock @ my parents' place in St Albans.

36189216_10160480372780573_5964181807032

That is fantastic!!! I have seen videos of people actually catching pike in the passaic river in NJ.

2 hours ago, carl_g said:

That is fantastic!!! I have seen videos of people actually catching pike in the passaic river in NJ.

Wouldn't bite on normal bait (nightcrawlers).  They have huge sharp teeth too so you need a leader.  We actually hooked a small perch on line we caught previously and dangled it in front and it snatched it right up.  Was pretty awesome to see and the water was still and clear so we saw the whole thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, carl_g said:

Sweet! I caught this guy on a spinner bait this past weekend. CDF8_E0_B5-414_D-44_B8-_BBAD-_D6759_DB79

Nice!  I need to get some variety in lures... got a small spinnerbait but didn't really get a chance to toss it - we were catching too many with Nightcrawlers!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Nice!  I need to get some variety in lures... got a small spinnerbait but didn't really get a chance to toss it - we were catching too many with Nightcrawlers!

You can never go wrong with nightcrawlers!