Sign in to follow this  
1LtCAP

+P

When you say 1911 I have to ask 45ACP?  If so, depends on who made the gun.  A heavier recoil spring and buffer at the minimum, but high usage of +P will lead to a series of failures as the slide batters the crap out of the receiver.  A 45ACP max is 21,000 psi, +P 23,000 psi.

A m94 if it can chamber a 357 mag (35,000 psi) a 38+P would be OK (18,500 psi).

1 hour ago, T Bill said:

When you say 1911 I have to ask 45ACP?  If so, depends on who made the gun.  A heavier recoil spring and buffer at the minimum, but high usage of +P will lead to a series of failures as the slide batters the crap out of the receiver.  A 45ACP max is 21,000 psi, +P 23,000 psi.

A m94 if it can chamber a 357 mag (35,000 psi) a 38+P would be OK (18,500 psi).

remington r1 enhanced, or springfield armory . the sa is a simple basic ww2 look-alike. they're both .45acp. my apologies, as i should've included that.  the m94  can chamber .357

OK so Remington is a no go on any 1911 for +P, and Springfield is OK with +P in 5 inch or longer barrels only.  I see no reason for its use in the 1911 platform, but to each his own.

• Like 1