EX Carnival man

Springfield Armory cuts ties with Dicks.

I hope other manufactures do the same.

Springfield Armory® Severs Ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods

Springfield Armory announces its decision in response to Dick’s Sporting Goods’ attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms

GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.

This latest action follows Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory. In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.

It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response. Their position runs counter to what we stand for as a company. At Springfield Armory, we believe in the rights and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question. We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans.

• Like 6

Yep! I’m proud of them. Every and I mean every gun and ammo company should break ties with these stores and also, (I know this is grasping at straws with contracts), but the Govt too. Watch how fast this crap reverses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just set the following:

Subject: 2A Rights

6:45 AM

To  [email protected]  

To whom it may concern:

I recently read an article which stated Springfield-Armory would be removing themselves as a vendor for gun sales to Dick's Sporting Goods and Field & Stream stores.  I hope this article is accurate because I wish to thank you for your courage and participation in our struggle to maintain our gun rights.

I hope your decision turns out to be one of a leadership role for other companies to do the same.  Thank you again.

• Like 1

I did a similar one to ACE Hardware a few weeks ago BTW.  I think it slipped through the cracks here on the forum but they reversed their decision to not carry certain gun related products (which they do in free states) after review of their customer base.  So I thanked them.

But I gotta tell you there was no cooler feeling on my vacation last year to Montana than when I walked into an Ace and had the sales rep show me the AR on the wall right next to the paint supplies.  And he wasn't asking any questions.  I could have bought it and walked right down main street with it.  If I only had driven instead of flown.......

It was the right thing to do, and I applaud Springfield Armory for it...

...but how many Springfield guns did Dicks used to sell?     I'm not sure either company will notice much of a difference.

1 hour ago, 10X said:

...but how many Springfield guns did Dicks used to sell?     I'm not sure either company will notice much of a difference.

Unfortunatly you are correct. The only way Dicks will feel the pain is if Remington and Mossberg give them the boot, and I hope they do.

1 hour ago, 10X said:

Doesn't really make a difference. We just need others to follow like Hornady also did. Some of the key players in the gun industry needs to jump on the band wagon. Imagine if Glock or some of the others started refusing Govt contracts. And before anyone says never happen, it doesn't need to happen. If even for a short spurt. Its a show of force that we are no longer going to back down and our wrath will follow if nobody conforms. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bhunted said:

Doesn't really make a difference. We just need others to follow like Hornady also did. Some of the key players in the gun industry needs to jump on the band wagon. Imagine if Glock or some of the others started refusing Govt contracts. And before anyone says never happen, it doesn't need to happen. If even for a short spurt. Its a show of force that we are no longer going to back down and our wrath will follow if nobody conforms. 

Agreed. Get the ball rolling. It has to start somewhere 

• Like 2

Springfield Armory now gets a pass? Still a long way from making amends to what they did to IL gun owners.
Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms and SB-1657
Regards,
TokenEntry

Yes! We can’t afford any loss of support from anyone. There are bigger things at stake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, a company that pulled a Bill Ruger, is "severing ties" with a company pulling an even BIGGER Bill Ruger, and one that as far as anyone can tell has never sold any of their products in latter's stores?  

No, S.A. doesn't get a tick back in their favor for this.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, sota said:

So, a company that pulled a Bill Ruger, is "severing ties" with a company pulling an even BIGGER Bill Ruger, and one that as far as anyone can tell has never sold any of their products in latter's stores?  

No, S.A. doesn't get a tick back in their favor for this.

Funny, when i saw this post, i sat there trying to think about whether i EVER saw any S.A. Products at any of the nearby DSG Stores.. Can't think of a single one. Kinda like DSG saying they'll pull all AR15's off the shelf, only to elaborate that it was only the Field and Stream stores because they haven't carried AR's for a while now..

None of ya are thinking outside the box. But in the mean time, I expect any weapons you own where a company screwed up, you must sell them or destroy them. After all, they have affected you so badly, you must comply in order to satisfy your stance.
Get real...... you ain’t fooking superman and your tude will not save the country.

....again..... eat your own and theirs while you are at it. Think big scale and stop thinking with an attitude.

18 minutes ago, bhunted said:

None of ya are thinking outside the box. But in the mean time, I expect any weapons you own where a company screwed up, you must sell them or destroy them. After all, they have affected you so badly, you must comply in order to satisfy your stance.
Get real...... you ain’t fooking superman and your tude will not save the country.

....again..... eat your own and theirs while you are at it. Think big scale and stop thinking with an attitude.

People are free to choose where they want to spend their hard earned money. My post was a reminder of Springfield Armory's past action. I don't see a lot of Springfield Armory products carried by DSG other than handgun magazines on their website. A very good observation made by @sota.

IMO, anyone who has already purchased products by a company who compromised our 2nd Amendment rights should not destroy their items. However, I would ask them going forward they should try not to purchase anymore of that company's products. If there was only one company that manufactured toilet paper and they supported anti-gun laws, I'm pretty sure everyone would be buying their product instead of using leaves.

Past companies like Troy Industries, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, and such where management has changed should not be boycotted for their past actions. My suggestion is if you want to purchase a Springfield Armory product, buy it used if possible.

Regards,

TokenEntry

There is not enough ire in the consumer to put any dents in a big manufacturer. Hell, we can’t get our own state of affairs squared away.

NJGF will not put anyone out of business. Lil dents and swipes mean nothing. But in the mean time, we need not bash who is on our side. You are right. Don’t buy their product if they piss you off. Nor would I buy any Sonic food because that dick commercial they keep jamming down our throats. Will it affect them? No...
But it makes me happy.

I will not stand and deter anyone from buying or siding with what and whom they want. Thats freedom...
Take advantage while we still have it. Just don’t think our puny asses will topple a corporation. For now, they are a good ally. Piss in their ears later. We got bigger fish to fry.

quoting a post would help people figure out who's cheerios you're trying to piss in... just sayin'.

I don’t quote posts when its a broad comment. But feel free to enjoy yellow Cheerios if you feel a need to. [emoji23][emoji6]

• Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 11:34 AM, TokenEntry said:

Springfield Armory now gets a pass? Still a long way from making amends to what they did to IL gun owners.

Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms and SB-1657

Regards,

TokenEntry

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/05/john-boch/springfield-armorys-gun-rights-turn-around/

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zeke said:

The only way to gauge Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms anti-gun actions is to monitor them going forward. SA pulling their products from Dicks Sporting Goods is a good start at redemption. What I find a little troubling in the article is the quote below . . .

At first, both companies attacked me, The Truth About Guns and Guns Save Life.  From The Gun Writer.

[Rock River Arms General Manager Sarah] Larson took after the good folks at The Truth About Guns, which she referred to as an “activist website.”

“This boils down to a small, so-called gun-rights activist website that took the majority of things out of context, to make it sound like Rock River Arms and Springfield Armory were IFMA,” she said. “We did not have control over all actions. IFMA acted autonomously on our behalf.”

Bad PR to make such a statement like that and exactly something the MSM would say trying to discredit someone.

Regards,

TokenEntry

1 hour ago, TokenEntry said:

The only way to gauge Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms anti-gun actions is to monitor them going forward. SA pulling their products from Dicks Sporting Goods is a good start at redemption. What I find a little troubling in the article is the quote below . . .

At first, both companies attacked me, The Truth About Guns and Guns Save Life.  From The Gun Writer.

[Rock River Arms General Manager Sarah] Larson took after the good folks at The Truth About Guns, which she referred to as an “activist website.”

“This boils down to a small, so-called gun-rights activist website that took the majority of things out of context, to make it sound like Rock River Arms and Springfield Armory were IFMA,” she said. “We did not have control over all actions. IFMA acted autonomously on our behalf.”

Bad PR to make such a statement like that and exactly something the MSM would say trying to discredit someone.

Regards,

TokenEntry

I don’t disagree on merit. Let’s see what they do next