gfl216

Favorite Steak House

This thread was inspired by GramGun79 posting this pick in another thread and now I want a steak so let hear what your favorite spot is. Mine right now is Prime 13 in Point Pleasant with Authur's in North Brunswick coming in second. 

tomahawk-steak-900x600.jpg

Ruth's Chris Steak house - Berlin, MD.

Not just any Ruth's Chris - This is the Best on the planet!

Ruth’s Chris Steak House Berlin is located within the GlenRiddle Clubhouse and is open to the public. Built in the 1920s, the clubhouse was home to the legendary race horses Man of War and War Admiral (Our founder, Ruth Fertel, loved the racing industry). The clubhouse and restaurant feature restored original woodwork, and the old stall doors are now table tops in the bar and grill.

filet_shrimp.jpg

filet-steak.jpg

• Like 1

I am not a big red meat eater, but Arthur's I found to be overrated. I did not like the place. If I get steak I only order Prime Rib or Filet Mignon. I would rather have seafood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If anyone is ever up in Toronto, I'd highly recommend The Keg which is right by the Toronto international airport.

They have the best prime rib I have ever had and a gigantic beer selection.  It's a bit pricey but so worth it...

Locally, the wife and I enjoy a place called Cliff's Steakhouse in englewood cliffs.  Their ribeye and filet mignon are delicious

• Like 1

My favorite ever, “Luke’s steakhouse” in Northfield NJ is gone. But Del Frisco’s in Philadelphia is a good replacement. Had an amazing Tomahawk there last year. Will be going back this June. Also, I don’t know what kind of crack they put in their creamed spinach, but it is among the best side dishes I’ve ever had.

https://delfriscos.com/steakhouse/philadelphia/menus/dinner/

I'm a steak junkie. For my 5 year anniversary with my girlfriend we went to Morimoto in Philly, I we shared 6 Oz of A5 Wagyu beef. It's one of the few things that lives up to the hype. The fat literally tasted like butter, and it melted in my mouth.

Usually I just go to Texas roadhouse though, because it's cheaper.

The second best steak I've ever had (and far more affordable) was a ribeye covered in bonemarrow butter at this place in Boston called Eastern Standard, that was a great steak.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm a steak junkie. For my 5 year anniversary with my girlfriend we went to Morimoto in Philly, I we shared 6 Oz of A5 Wagyu beef. It's one of the few things that lives up to the hype. The fat literally tasted like butter, and it melted in my mouth.

Usually I just go to Texas roadhouse though, because it's cheaper.

The second best steak I've ever had (and far more affordable) was a ribeye covered in bonemarrow butter at this place in Boston called Eastern Standard, that was a great steak.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I bought two pounds of A5 last year from Crowd Cow. The next offering they have is A5 but the cows eat olives. It will be selling for $300 lb.

Luger’s Brooklyn.  You gotta love the name as a 2a guy.  Phenomenal bacon, cash only, unless you have one of the House charge cards from years ago—I do.  Someone mentioned Wolfgang’s and I’ll put them on par but wasn’t a fan of their Tomahawk steaks I go for the porterhouse only.  For Tomahawk Butter on 45th near 6th in midtown is awesome.  I also like the salt grass in Dallas.  

Most steakhouses season a steak too much for my liking, however there are a few good places local to me. 

Library II in Berlin has been mentioned. It’s great, but like eating dinner in a cave. Hard to see what you are eating!!! Great steak though, by the ounce. 

The Chop House in Voorhees is pretty good too. Not had a bad meal there, in the few times I’ve been. 

Personally, I prefer the steaks I do at home. I buy good quality beef, and cut my own steaks how I like them. Rub it with a garlic clove, sprinkle it with kosher salt and a little fresh cracked pepper, and cook that beast. Awesome on a wood fired grill, but lately, I’ve been using the Alton Brown cast iron steak method. Hard to beat!!!!

• Like 1

The two steakhouses I regularly go to (at least once a month):

Peter Lugers in Brooklyn - Porterhouse

The Old Homestead in Manhattan - Ribeye

I haven't found a steakhouse in NJ that is in the same class, so I'm paying attention to this thread.

If I don't get home and get off this train soon I'm gong to start licking my phone

Where is that first steak from? Looks delicious!

I enjoy Benjamin's Steak House near Grand Central.  The steaks and food are good but it FEELS like an old school steak house.  Lots of deep reds and dark wood.  Not pretentious while not snooty.  I've only been two or three times and always have a very enjoyabke evening.

Went to Capital Grille in midtown once.  Hated it.  Too open, too noisy, too much activity.  I probably enjoyed the meal but would never go back.

Here's a pic from Prime 13. If you live near Point Pleasant or will be in visiting the area I think that you will like it. Try the smoked bacon as an appetizer and the roasted brussel sprouts as a side are delicious. The cannoli tacos for desert are amazing. If you're thinking about going during the beach season you'll probably need a reservation. Oh and it's byob so if you like a beer or glass of wine with dinner that helps keep the cost down.

64c66590cdc0073bd9f51f4a72bb91c0.jpg

• Like 1

Steak.... Dang i love that..

Best i'v ever been to was peter Luger in brooklyn.

Sadly there are not many local places that know how to cook a steak and iv tried a bunch.

I was introduced to Texas Road house by @cabalrayz and was very hesitant, even said i will not eat at the McDonalds of steak houses.  BUT i must say... its a good piece of meat.  Its not Peter Luger's but the 20oz Bone in ribeye is pretty delicious and cooked perfectly to Med Rare.

if you have not tired it give it a shot... Its well worth the 20some bucks and really is a quality steak.

WARNING: If you have a peanut allergy don't even stop in the parking lot... You will no doubt DIE.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, PD2K said:

The two steakhouses I regularly go to (at least once a month):

Peter Lugers in Brooklyn - Porterhouse

The Old Homestead in Manhattan - Ribeye

I haven't found a steakhouse in NJ that is in the same class, so I'm paying attention to this thread.

You must aim lower...  You will never get a steak like Peter Lugers anywhere.