MartyZ

New slim muzzle brakes

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Apex has had this on the market for a while, I think its made to have a .750 gas block clear. 2.6" long tho!!!

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/125149/apex-tactical-enhanced-stabilization-attachment-muzzle-brake-ar-15-1-2-28-thread-steel-matte

That was actually the first MB I bought for my SPR build 2 years ago. It's a piece of crap. Had to return it because the threads were either the wrong pitch or too small, would not go on passed a few turns.

22 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

Very simple example, right now I want to change my hanguard to a 17" strike rail on my 20" barrel, and I can't. My best option right now is to cut off my gas block and put on a 2 piece gas block, or the new yhm hinged gb. So that for me is extra work and extra money down the drain.

I need pictures. :D

"Description

The EPSILON 556SL is the ideal muzzle brake for 14.5" rifle builds. Featuring an outside diameter of .745", the EPSILON 556SL can be pinned and welded to your barrel while still allowing full maintenance and removal of your gas block without having to remove the muzzle device.

The EPSILON 556SL utilizes a new aggressive chamber design that improves gas flow and reduces felt recoil significantly. It also features deep channel cuts that greatly reduce the overall weight toward the front end of your build.

Slim in design does not mean slim in performance. Users can still expect the same great performance they have grown to trust from VG6 Precision muzzle brakes. With the EPSILON 556SL, you have the optimal solution for a lightweight, legal (when pinned and welded) and flat shooting 14.5" Rifle Build."

- Nothing in the Epsilon slim description says its a flash hider or even mentions its flash hiding capabilities unless of course they modified it. Either way- It is now advertised as a straight brake.....  ? I'd say, thread it on there! :D

After further research it's actually cheapercto get a 2 piece or hinged GB for an existing build. Different story for a new build. To swap out the MB, I have to cut off a $100+ Lantac dragon, pay $85 for this MB, and then have it pinned. OR. Cut off a $40 GB and get the hinged YHM GB for $50. And I don't have to worry about it again.

• Like 1

I personally just had a faxon slim line break installed on 14.5 barrel.

Haven’t finished the build yet, can’t comment on performance, I like the look. It was convenient that I was able to have it pinned and welded while still waiting for the rest of the parts. 

Gas block, barrel nut slipped right over no issues.