Sevenshot

Mossberg circumsizes Dicks Sporting Goods

Just now, BobA said:

Looks like morons are trying  to put the heat on Ruger.

Yeah, there is no bias in the media.

Chief Executive Officer Christopher Killoy said the maker of handguns and assault-style rifles would prepare the report but would not be forced into changing its business.

The article, by omission, makes it appear that Ruger does not make anything but handguns and ARs.  In fact, the majority of Ruger's long gun sales are bolt action RAR's and RPR's.  Not to mention the #1 is probaby the most popular single shot rifle out there.  Granted, the 10/22 is the most popular semi auto 22 rifle in America, but it's hardly an assault rifle.

There are related articles I didn’t post. It appears that Bloomberg is behind this idea. He planted the bug in investor’s ears. Large Christian organizations are buying up stocks so as to gain control of gun companies. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/ef16f134-0b44-3c3a-a07b-449847b32d5e/investors should-be-more.html?.tsrc=applewf

22 hours ago, SuRrEaLNJ said:

BRAVO! makes me want to go home and give my mossberg a hug.

I think I'll take my Mossberg to the range and celebrate!

6 hours ago, BobA said:

Time for Ruger to find a new investor and take the company private.  Big investment firm Black Rock has a large stake in Ruger and voted with the nuns for the first time,  Sales at Ruger are down this quarter, maybe time to get them to sell their shares.

17 minutes ago, T Bill said:

Time for Ruger to find a new investor and take the company private.  Big investment firm Black Rock has a large stake in Ruger and voted with the nuns for the first time,  Sales at Ruger are down this quarter, maybe time to get them to sell their shares.

A safety report? 

I would just create a list of all the guns they sell and the safeties they are equipped with. Like what else are they looking for?

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

A safety report? 

I would just create a list of all the guns they sell and the safeties they are equipped with. Like what else are they looking for?

They’re looking for crimes committed with Ruger guns. 

I sent a note of thanks to the mossberg contact but I was wondering if anyone has a contact for someone at Dicks corporate headquarters , I would also like to send an email to Dcks explaining that I will no longer be buying anything from them and why. 

I have a teenage son and daughter and between them and me  we buy all kinds of things from Dicks -- football/soft ball/golf/boating/sneakers/clothing/camping ........ TONS of stuff. 

Ever since  I heard about Dicks decision I stopped shopping at Dicks, with Sports Authority out of business it is definitely a pita for me but I refuse to support them . It is inconvenient but I think I have actually ended up saving money since when I order something online I only order what I intended to but when I used to go to Dicks I would always end up buying other unrelated stuff I saw along the way, 

Anyway -- Im sure Dicks wont care but it would make me feel better to at least let them know. 

If anyone has any contact info please post it.