Sevenshot

Mossberg circumsizes Dicks Sporting Goods

Mossberg says it is due to learning about the anti-2a lobbyists. I'm hoping even more companies do the same. The hiring of anti-2a lobbyists HAS TO BE the last straw for those that are still buying during sales. There is no way to justify it anymore by consumers or gun manufacturers.

Mossberg makes great budget shotguns as well. If you are 50/50 on Mossberg vs another shotgun, here is your tie breaker.

http://www.mossberg.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Mossberg-Terminates-Relationship-With-Dicks-Sporting-Goods.pdf

• Like 5

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2018/05/09/mossberg-terminates-relationship-dicks-sporting-goods/

Seems like we've got some serious pushback going on. Effective immediatly.  I'll bet corporate Dicks is planning to be out of the gun business in a year anyway, how else to explain these anti antics?

• Like 1

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2018/05/09/mossberg-terminates-relationship-dicks-sporting-goods/
Seems like we've got some serious pushback going on. Effective immediatly.  I'll bet corporate Dicks is planning to be out of the gun business in a year anyway, how else to explain these anti antics?

You guys really need to do double takes on your subject lines. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I sent and they responded. (I was hoping for a coupon :D)

Thank you for your email, Bob, and for supporting Mossberg!

Best regards,

Linda Powell

Director, Media Relations 

Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2018 3:59 PM
To: Powell, Linda
Subject: Dicks

Dear Ms. Powell, I'd like to take a moment to thank you on behalf of law abiding gun owners for you support and courageous business decision to withdraw your products from Dicks and Field & Stream stores. While I'm sure this was not an easy choice for you to make we appreciate it and support you as it being the right one. Thanks again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carl_g said:

I never understood why guys liked DICKS anyway. :think:

3 hours ago, bhunted said:

You guys really need to do double takes on your subject lines. emoji23.png

I don't often agree with @bhunted but looking at these lines together and.......

I don't often agree with [mention=5135]bhunted[/mention] but looking at these lines together and.......

Heeeeyyyyyyy..... when do we disagree? [emoji848][emoji16]

• Like 1

Opted to put this here instead of making a new topic as to avoid multiple threads of the same subject, HAHA!

MKS Supply, LLC, distributors of Hi-Point Firearms and Inland Manufacturing are cutting business ties with Dicks Sporting Goods/Field & Stream. See link below to article.

Link -  The Truth About Guns article

Regards,

TokenEntry

6 hours ago, TokenEntry said:

Opted to put this here instead of making a new topic as to avoid multiple threads of the same subject, HAHA!

MKS Supply, LLC, distributors of Hi-Point Firearms and Inland Manufacturing are cutting business ties with Dicks Sporting Goods/Field & Stream. See link below to article.

Link -  The Truth About Guns article

Regards,

TokenEntry

It's pretty much a give-in how most of us feel about Hi-point products but still their doing this makes them an ally.  I would like to also email them a "thank you for your support".  I'm having trouble finding an email address for them.  Just snail mail and phone numbers and their CEO Charles Brown President, MKS Supply, LLC.  If anyone finds one please share it.  Thanks. 

With Shockwave sales off the charts, little or no financial pain for Mossberg. 

"Hey, what's this Mossberg in my safe? Wasn't there last week!"

Ruger only sells through a distributor network.  Rumor has it they have urged these distributors not to sell to Dick's.  But, the distributors are contractually free to do what they want.  Hopefully they will join the movement.

As I said before, Dick's financial status was in the toilet long before this last wave of anti crap started. This will accelerate it.  Now for Federal, Winchester, and others to join the fray.  This will be harder as they are already sitting on a large inventory due to slow sales.  I cannot find what percentage of sales this segment was to Dick's bottom line.  Well, time will tell,  Where the hell are the shareholders in this? 

3 minutes ago, T Bill said:

Rumor has it they have urged these distributors not to sell to Dick's.  But, the distributors are contractually free to do what they want.  Hopefully they will join the movement.

If the distributors ignore Mossberg, then Mossberg will PUBLICLY call them out.  Then WE will email, call, fax, text, sext, instagram, facebook, myspace, youtube, snapchat said distributor to death.

3 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

now we need Remington to follow suite. Once they do Dick's will be completely out of the hunting business, no more turkey guns!

Not gonna happen, Big green is dying and Dick's is probably keeping them from sinking quicker.

5 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

If the distributors ignore Mossberg, then Mossberg will PUBLICLY call them out.  Then WE will email, call, fax, text, sext, instagram, facebook, myspace, youtube, snapchat said distributor to death.

Not gonna happen, Big green is dying and Dick's is probably keeping them from sinking quicker.

If remington doesn't drop Dick's I am pretty sure they will sink even quicker.

We need Vista Outdoor to cut off Dick's as well.  They have so many products:

Savage
Federal Premium
American Eagle
Independence
Hoppes
M-Pro 7
Camelbak
CCI
Speer
Blazer
Uncle Mike's
Blackhawk
RCBS
Champion
Butler Creek
Bushnell
Simmons
Weaver
Tasco
Bell

That would seriously cut Dick's supply of products..