Address:
26 New Jersey 173
Hampton, NJ 08827

When:
Saturday, May 26th

Time:
9am at the Clay range

2sdODG7.jpg

Please try and bring everything you can in terms of a gun, ammo, and clays.

A rough check list of what to bring:
- Gun(s)
- Ammo (birdshot #7.5, 8)
- Clays (Walmart's in Clinton, Flemington, and Phillipsburg generally stock them)
- Thrower if you have one
- Eyes and ears
- Shell pouch
- Beverages/snacks
- Layer up and bring a warm jacket/gloves/hat depending on weather
- Chair

If you can't bring some things, we will have plenty of stuff there. If you've never shot a shotgun before, I and others will try working with you to be able to dust a clay by the end of the day!

Always treat a gun as if it was loaded
Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot
Never point the muzzle at anything you're not willing to destroy
Always be aware of your target/line of fire
For this range, keep all guns unloaded until you're on the firing line

Be smart, be safe, and we will have a fun-filled day!

Attending:
1.  Krdshrk +1 (Thrower, License)
2.  Mrs. Peel
3.  sota (thrower)
4.  Scorpio64
5.  JimB1
6.  Griz
7.  Malice4you
8.  W2MC (Maybe)
9.  Smokin .50
10.  Purple Patrick
11. NJSigFan
12. GramGun79

6 hours ago, GRIZ said:

I'm in. Depends on how my legs are,resonding. Want to see @Mrs. Peel bust clays at 100 yds. With a 22.

Dream on! So far, the whole shotgun thing just eludes me. The only time my clays break is when they hit the ground (in one unbroken piece). So sad.

But, very soon I'm going to splurge on a lesson at Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays -- that will be either my last foray into clays --- or the start of something beautiful, lol. We'll see! Fingers crossed.

Just now, Mrs. Peel said:

The only time my clays break is when they hit the ground

This is patently untrue.  I, with mine own eyes, have personally witnessed you breaking at least three clays in flight.  That is proof positive you have the ability, you just need to do what you did the three times more often.

• Like 2

Seriously considering.....and also seriously considering taking my Mossberg, in honor/celebration of them saying "UP YOURS!" to Dick's Sporting Goods

2 hours ago, JimB1 said:

Kinda quiet on the thread, where is everyone :think:

Probably where I am...waiting to see if I get "volun-told" I have somewhere to be on Memorial Day Saturday...

2 hours ago, JimB1 said:

Kinda quiet on the thread, where is everyone :think:

I'm trying to see if CNJFO can get "permission" to flip some burgers for the event as a way to "give-back" to those that supported the Rally in Trenton & promote the shooting sports & hunting in particular.  I've written today to a friend at NJF&W and I'm waiting for a response :) .  

• Like 2

On 5/11/2018 at 7:31 AM, Mrs. Peel said:

Dream on! So far, the whole shotgun thing just eludes me. The only time my clays break is when they hit the ground (in one unbroken piece). So sad.

But, very soon I'm going to splurge on a lesson at Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays -- that will be either my last foray into clays --- or the start of something beautiful, lol. We'll see! Fingers crossed.

Mrs. Peel:

I am a member at LVSC and would be happy to have you join me there as my guest sometime when it works for both of us.

AVB-AMG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

I'm trying to see if CNJFO can get "permission" to flip some burgers for the event as a way to "give-back" to those that supported the Rally in Trenton & promote the shooting sports & hunting in particular.  I've written today to a friend at NJF&W and I'm waiting for a response :) .  

The Regional Superintendent wrote back to me & gave us permission to set-up a picnic (during the business week--morning or afternoon) so long as we pay a $50 permit fee for "Special Use Permit", provide $1 million in liability insurance & name the state as an additional insured (insurance will cost us approx. $100).  I have the application in a pdf.  But weekends are OUT due to heavy usage of the ranges.  And NO, I didn't specify a DATE when asking so no one knows the exact details.  The Coalition would proudly support a weekday afternoon "Eat & Shoot" during the summer. So IF there's enough interest HERE I'll run it up the flagpole at our Executive Committee meeting?  I was trying to say "thank-you" to all of YOU that have joined or made the Rally :) 

So we can still just have a regular "Meet-Up" on May 26th...

Rosey

• Like 1

I will be bringing my new Beretta 690 Black if anyone wants to try it out... 

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/690-sporting-black/

Had to wait over 2 months for it to come in but I picked it up a couple of weeks ago so this will be it’s first time out... mine doesn’t have the adjustable comb but the wood is actually nicer then the one in their video or pics ;)

-Jim

• Like 2

Just now, JimB1 said:

mine doesn’t have the adjustable comb but the wood is actually nicer then the one in their video or pics

If you find yourself wanting a cheek riser after you try it out a couple times, have a look at the Beartooth comb rising kit.  It comes with 6 pieces of hard foam rubber of varying thicknesses that you sort of shim until you find the ideal cheek height for you.  I put one on my O/U and it's helped quite a bit.

• Like 1

I will be bringing my new Beretta 690 Black if anyone wants to try it out... 
http://www.beretta.com/en-us/690-sporting-black/

Had to wait over 2 months for it to come in but I picked it up a couple of weeks ago so this will be it’s first time out... mine doesn’t have the adjustable comb but the wood is actually nicer then the one in their video or pics [emoji6]
-Jim
That's sexy

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Got clays today at the Clinton Walmart.  $5.94 / 90.  They had about 20 left on the shelf.

Also, expecting to have a +1 now

Any decent local deals on target loads anywhere? I should have plenty on hand, my friend probably only has a couple boxes.  Never hurts to have extras...