Krdshrk

Memorial Day Weekend Shotgun Shootout - Saturday, May 26th @ 9AM

20 minutes ago, Malice4you said:

Got clays today at the Clinton Walmart.  $5.94 / 90.  They had about 20 left on the shelf.

Also, expecting to have a +1 now

Any decent local deals on target loads anywhere? I should have plenty on hand, my friend probably only has a couple boxes.  Never hurts to have extras...

Not usually any good deals on shells around Clinton. I used to hit up a Walmart in PA to stock up whenever I was over that way. William pen hwy exit on Rt 33. The 2nd exit coming from 78 I think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malice4you said:

Got clays today at the Clinton Walmart.  $5.94 / 90.  They had about 20 left on the shelf.

Also, expecting to have a +1 now

Any decent local deals on target loads anywhere? I should have plenty on hand, my friend probably only has a couple boxes.  Never hurts to have extras...

12ga?  I have several cases so I'll bring some extra.

Yes, that was fun! We got lucky with the weather, too.  It didn't feel warm until abut 11:30.

I'm still finding shotgun to be a struggle - it just doesn't feel "natural" in the least, but @High Exposurehad told me that I should be shooting lefty (dominant left eye, but right-handed). So, I tried that... still missed a lot (:facepalm:) but I definitely felt like it was a tad easier. Like most things in life, I'm sure getting good with a shotgun is a mix of aptitude AND practice. @Krdshrkbrought a co-worker who never shot a gun before - he was busting clays right and left... made it look effortless!  Some people just have the knack for it. 

Thanks to @Smokin .50 for bringing delicious food and to the others who brought snacks, bottled water, guns, thrower, clays, ammo, etc.

• Like 1

Great time.  Thanks Nick for everything you do!  Thanks everyone for coming (or trying to).  Will & I enjoyed meeting & schmoozin' with you all & making your Memorial Day weekend a little more special!

If you forgot a brochure, see Mrs. Peel OR look us up online:  http://www.cnjfo.com  We'd love to have you as members!

Till next time,

Rosey, VP CNJFO

• Like 1

Good to see everyone, had fun not hitting most of the clays thrown for me. Thank you Nick for the use of your thrower, and thank you everyone for the snacks (especially Rosey).

And all you with O/Us, (especially Nick), knowing my friend, he will have one of his own by the end of the month, I'm sure...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Yes, that was fun! We got lucky with the weather, too.  It didn't feel warm until abut 11:30.

I'm still finding shotgun to be a struggle - it just doesn't feel "natural" in the least, but @High Exposurehad told me that I should be shooting lefty (dominant left eye, but right-handed). So, I tried that... still missed a lot (:facepalm:) but I definitely felt like it was a tad easier. Like most things in life, I'm sure getting good with a shotgun is a mix of aptitude AND practice. @Krdshrkbrought a co-worker who never shot a gun before - he was busting clays right and left... made it look effortless!  Some people just have the knack for it. 

Thanks to @Smokin .50 for bringing delicious food and to the others who brought snacks, bottled water, guns, thrower, clays, ammo, etc.

So now I can confirm a sighting of the reclusive and highly elusive Mrs Peel!  

You are doing better than you think; shooting clay with a .410 is a significant challenge for anyone...even an expert shot.  And you were connecting on 30-40 percent!  Imagine how you'd do with a shotgun that fits!

And if you're wondering who the elusive W2MC is....you were shooting my .410....

38 minutes ago, W2MC said:

So now I can confirm a sighting of the reclusive and highly elusive Mrs Peel!  

You are doing better than you think; shooting clay with a .410 is a significant challenge for anyone...even an expert shot.  And you were connecting on 30-40 percent!  Imagine how you'd do with a shotgun that fits!

And if you're wondering who the elusive W2MC is....you were shooting my .410....

OMG!! You should have mentioned your "online name" - I would have recognized it right away:D

Thanks again so very much for the "loaner"... and the encouraging words! Hope to see you at the next one. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

• Like 1

Just now, Mrs. Peel said:

Ray Ray enjoys stirring things up, that's all. It's part of his charm. ;)

And I enjoy pushing-back....so why not, Mr Stick-in-the-mud?

• Like 2