AlDente67

Parking lot accident, confused.

you need to file counter suit with small claims, when you file you will find out if it is legit they will have it on record. also contact your insurance co at the time before filing they should pick it up and there lawyers will handle it but stay on top of them you need to file soon.

The other driver failed to control their vehicle properly and they hit an inanimate object that was properly and legally parked.  Their fault.

The only way I could the other party winning is if the other driver compmetly parked next to your wife, who then opened door and hit the other drivers now parked car causing a dent / damage.

I would calmy explain this to them, not their lawyer.  Tell them if they wish to proceed with this nonsense that you will be countersuing for everything you can think of (damage to vehicle, emotional duress, lost wages, your lawyers costs, etc, etc) and that they will lose.  

They sent us a letter of default judgement in the same amount, plus $50 in legal fees (??).  It says "Ordered".  The letter is from Binder, whom you might recognize if you watch late night cable.

Nobody was served.  The Mercer county district court was copied on the bottom.  Still looks like a scam to me.  I guess I need to call the district.  The insurance company was NJM, which is the same one she has.  So in a sense, they would be party to a suit against themselves.

They sent us a letter of default judgement in the same amount, plus $50 in legal fees (??).  It says "Ordered".  The letter is from Binder, whom you might recognize if you watch late night cable.

Nobody was served.  The Mercer county district court was copied on the bottom.  Still looks like a scam to me.  I guess I need to call the district.  The insurance company was NJM, which is the same one she has.  So in a sense, they would be party to a suit against themselves.
Is there a docket #? Signatures and stamps from court clerk?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Did you call the court to confirm?

If they never sent anything to the court and are BSing you, I would consider sending a copy of the correspondence to the NJ Attorney General, as well as the NJ Bar Association.

No docket.  Everything is copied to the court, but nothing from the court itself.

If the court didn’t stamp then it wasn’t filed. Can’t have a summary judgement without recording it. It is a scam. Contact AG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk