MichaelDiggs

Let us revolve....

Have some rifles. 5 handguns. 3 are strikerfire and 2 are hammerfire. Guess what I'm thinking? I need a nice 357/38 revolver for that collection. I heard S&W are the best, but I saw some Kimbers that looked great. I saw a couple models where the cylinder was real smooth. Very slick looking. Then a few all matt black ones, which looked very cool. I'm in no rush, but I will have a couple permits coming my way. Is there really a better brand revolver then the other with the main stream large companies? I do have a S&W 1911 which is made very nicely but don't necessarily have to get that brand revolver. One of my friends told me if you want a revolver just go online and pick out a S&W 686 model you like and get it. Very popular and well made revolver. I've seen just a couple at the stores but online they do have many more 686 models. Anyone have suggestions?

4 minutes ago, Barms said:

What scares the piss out of me is that if you hold the revolver same fighting grip as your pistol you blow your fingers off weak hand from the side blast?   Is that true ?

Don't think you'd blow your fingers off but they will be injured.  I know the support hand thumbs forward works well but never adopted it because it puts your thumb by the barrel/cylinder gap.  I use the same grip on revolvers and semiautos where my support thumb is holding down my strong hand thumb.  This keeps all my fingers behind the face of the cylinder.

• Like 1

Get a Ruger Security, Service, or Speed Six. 4" barrel. $400 or less you can't go wrong they will last forever.

Best revolver for the money Manhurin M73. Even nicer finish than the old S&W revolvers. Proven track record.

Of course you can't go wrong with 686.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If you are getting it for self defense you probably should stay away from a S&W with internal lock as I have read that they can malfunction at an inappropriate time. They do have some models now without the locks.

16 hours ago, Barms said:

What scares the piss out of me is that if you hold the revolver same fighting grip as your pistol you blow your fingers off weak hand from the side blast?   Is that true ?

Well, I’d pay attention shooting a 500.

its definitely sumtin to be mindful of.

8 hours ago, NJGF said:

If you are getting it for self defense you probably should stay away from a S&W with internal lock as I have read that they can malfunction at an inappropriate time. 

Fake news, not true

• Like 2

Since I have 5 semi-automatic 9mm pistols already that hold 15+ bullets and can easily preload some magazines I'll use one of those for home/family protection. I also have a nice Mossberg tactical 6 shotgun I can start off with if there's real trouble. Mostly I'd do some target shooting with it and just have it added to my small collection. I don't need anymore semi-automatics, at least until I get a nice revolver. Ruger has some hot looking ones I saw on their site. Lots of choices too. Thinking of a 5 or 6 inch holding at least 7 rounds and has DA. Shooters down in Egg Harbor has a nice collection of brands and models I can go check out. Always would love to buy locally, but when you see prices online for $100+ less it is hard to buy locally sometimes.