Malice4you

Accurate short stock .22 rifle?

I paid $150 for our Family's Marlin "Little Buckeroo" .22 Youth bolt action.  24 years ago.  Found it at Ray's on Rt. 22.  It's a Trainer, NOT a tack-driver.  And we still use it for its' intended use!

Sometimes I think yuse guys could argue about how to make a ham sammich.  Keystone knows what the rules are.  Their Cricket & Chipmunk rifle plant in Milton, PA has the blessing of BATF&E.  Yeah, the thing is TINY, but that's the POINT!  

Any talk about needin' a kid in the store for a transfer is total BS.  NO ONE should ever listen to a Pink Card holder spout-off about NJ gun law, cause most are idiots!

Cricket and Chipmunk are both over legal min lengths with 16 1/4” barrel and 30” overall. There are plenty of approved rifles like the 1894 Winchester Carbine that fall below the legal minimums. List is huge. Someone posted it recently on calguns. Little Buckaroo is even longer overall at 33" and barrel is also 16 1/4".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, capt14k said:

... There are plenty of approved rifles like the 1894 Winchester Carbine that fall below the legal minimums. List is huge. ...

? Educate me please.

13 hours ago, capt14k said:

Cricket and Chipmunk are both over legal min lengths with 16 1/4” barrel and 30” overall. There are plenty of approved rifles like the 1894 Winchester Carbine that fall below the legal minimums. List is huge. Someone posted it recently on calguns. Little Buckaroo is even longer overall at 33" and barrel is also 16 1/4".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Modern youth rifles areally all at least 26" overall and have 16" or longer barrels.  They look shorter than they are to many.

You say plenty of "approved" rifles with barrels under 16".  You're talking those on the Curio and Relic list. Not something one usually buys for general shooting.

Being exempt from the NFA and being allowed to have then in NJ are two different things.  IIRC NJ still requires a rifle to be 26"overall and 16" or more of barrel.

Modern youth rifles areally all at least 26" overall and have 16" or longer barrels.  They look shorter than they are to many. You say plenty of "approved" rifles with barrels under 16".  You're talking those on the Curio and Relic list. Not something one usually buys for general shooting.

Being exempt from the NFA and being allowed to have then in NJ are two different things.  IIRC NJ still requires a rifle to be 26"overall and 16" or more of barrel.

I think I showed that the modern youth rifles meet minimum length requirements.

Yes the list in the link provided is long. Rifles that are shorter than federal minimum requirements.

All my rifles except 4 are C&R and I shoot all of them except 1. So for me all rifles on list are for shooting.

As far as NJ goes I don't care anymore. I am in exit mode as are many others. Even Commiefornia where you have to register everything recognizes C&R exemptions for SBR. NJ I'm sure does not.

Nothing happened during Whitman Admin and nothing happened during Christie Admin. In fact we lost ground on 2A during both. I was optimistic until I realized that everyone is concerned with what they are interested in and the hell with everyone else. Which I fine ironic that the people cry about the FUUDS, are the same ones that say collectors are on their own. It's not important. I predict you will all lose more ground because of those attitudes.

Yeah. What he said.

I thought the lengths of the youth rifles I provided and 1894 Winchester implied the same thing. I don't know about new rifles nor do I really care about them. Though I was willing to fight for anyone's right to own them without magazine or other restrictions.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Yes the list in the link provided is long. Rifles that are shorter than federal minimum requirements.

I predict you will all lose more ground because of those attitudes.

I never said I agreed with all of NJ's gun laws.

What attitude do you speak of?  Not breaking a law so I don't go to jail?

I never said I agreed with all of NJ's gun laws.

What attitude do you speak of?  Not breaking a law so I don't go to jail?

That collectors are too small of a group to worry about their plight. There are bigger fish to fry. Funny thing is FUUDS say the same thing about Black Rifle owners. I find it ironic.

Not sure how you got not breaking law from what I wrote other than cutting and pasting two sentences.

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

That collectors are too small of a group to worry about their plight. There are bigger fish to fry. Funny thing is FUUDS say the same thing about Black Rifle owners. I find it ironic.

Not sure how you got not breaking law from what I wrote other than cutting and pasting two sentences.

Uh...that's a different thread.

I never said collectors were too small a group to worry about their "plight".  I said there are bigger issues to deal with that deserve assets.

I find it ironic for someone who presents himself as a fiscal conservative wants everyone to finance a cause for you.

Uh...that's a different thread.
I never said collectors were too small a group to worry about their "plight".  I said there are bigger issues to deal with that deserve assets.
I find it ironic for someone who presents himself as a fiscal conservative wants everyone to finance a cause for you.
If I am donating my money towards a group damn right I want to be represented by said group. Since ANJRPC doesn't seem to give a damn about collectors interest they get none of my money. Very simple.

16 minutes ago, capt14k said:

If I am donating my money towards a group damn right I want to be represented by said group. Since ANJRPC doesn't seem to give a damn about collectors interest they get none of my money. Very simple.

How active are the collectors organizations in filing lawsuits and making campaign contributions?

How active are the collectors organizations in filing lawsuits and making campaign contributions?

Most collectors I know do donate to candidates as well as 2A Organizations. Collector organizations are not political. Though maybe they should be. Calguns happens to be one that is. A forum with many collectors and other firearms owners that is leading many lawsuits.

19 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Okay, you should have said that long ago.