Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
orangesolo

PA Non Resident CCW

20 posts in this topic

So as everyone already knows, PA will no longer recognize NH non-res ccw. How about obtaining a PA non resident ccw?

I saw this on PA's website - 

(e)(1) A license to carry a firearm shall be for the purpose of carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle and shall be issued if, after an investigation not to exceed 45 days, it appears that the applicant is an individual concerning whom no good cause exists to deny the license. A license shall not be issued to any of the following:

  • ...

(ix) A resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by that state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury under 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(19) (relating to definitions).


Now NH has the same requirements but still, they let us obtain it. Is PA the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, orangesolo said:

So as everyone already knows, PA will no longer recognize NH non-res ccw. How about obtaining a PA non resident ccw?

I saw this on PA's website - 

(e)(1) A license to carry a firearm shall be for the purpose of carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle and shall be issued if, after an investigation not to exceed 45 days, it appears that the applicant is an individual concerning whom no good cause exists to deny the license. A license shall not be issued to any of the following:

  • ...

(ix) A resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by that state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury under 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(19) (relating to definitions).


Now NH has the same requirements but still, they let us obtain it. Is PA the same?

No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PA will issue a non resident CCW ONLY if you have a CCW in your home state. A license is provided for by the laws of NJ and therefore required by PA.

It's all a big friggin game and we lose!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, orangesolo said:

Now NH has the same requirements but still, they let us obtain it. Is PA the same?

NH HAD that requirement, same as PA does now. Scott Bach sued NH and won. The NH Supreme Court ruled against the NH State Police and started accepting non resident apps from NJ but never bothered to change their forms. There is talk of bringing a suit against PA but we will have to wait and see,

For now it just sucks to be us!:mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

PA will issue a non resident CCW ONLY if you have a CCW in your home state.

I actually just saw that I am in the process of renewing LTCF a PA.. and that is one of the notes in the FAQs..

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

PA will issue a non resident CCW ONLY if you have a CCW in your home state. A license is provided for by the laws of NJ and therefore required by PA.

It's all a big friggin game and we lose!

There actually is no "non resident LTCF" it is just a PA LCTF with an out of state address.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, carl_g said:

there actually is no "non resident" LTCF it is just a PA LCTF with an out of state address.

True! Same with Florida. The fact that my NJ address is on my FL CCW makes a non resident to other states. PA accepts FL CCW but mine is worth nothing in PA since I don't live in Florida. Your point is well taken but in the end it's just semantics! My FL permit is in fact a non resident permit in PA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

True! Same with Florida. The fact that my NJ address is on my FL CCW makes a non resident to other states. PA accepts FL CCW but mine is worth nothing in PA since I don't live in Florida. Your point is well taken but in the end it's just semantics! My FL permit is in fact a non resident permit in PA!

Yeah that sucks. You can fix it by moving to Florida or come over to PA. Problem solved!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, carl_g said:

Yeah that sucks. You can fix it by moving to Florida or come over to PA. Problem solved!

Due to family obligations it's just not that easy for some of us. Believe me, I would if I could!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Lostboy said:

Seriously, wtf is happening to PA? Is this a direct result of Phil Murphy strong arming the boarder states?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
 

More likely their residents getting jammed up here. N.J. has zero reciprocity 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seriously, wtf is happening to PA? Is this a direct result of Phil Murphy strong arming the boarder states?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk




No this is a direct result of Liberal Firearms owners and other liberals moving to PA from NY and NJ. The same morons who say they are Pro Second Amendment but then go and vote Democrat. The same morons who complain about high taxes and move to PA for lower taxes, but then vote Democrat because the Republican candidate is Anti-Abortion. Liberals please stay in the hell holes you have created.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pennsylvania has made the mistake of electing two democrat attorney generals in a row.  The first was Kane, who started this mess of cancelling and adjusting reciprocity agreements.  Somehow the current democrat AG won in 2016 when Trump won Pennsylvania.  Pennsylvania still has a republican majority, but sadly most people don't vote for an ag for improved reciprocity agreements.  I am hoping a republican governor win in November will improve this.  That silly "State of emergency" for opiates has to go too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pennsylvania has made the mistake of electing two democrat attorney generals in a row.  The first was Kane, who started this mess of cancelling and adjusting reciprocity agreements.  Somehow the current democrat AG won in 2016 when Trump won Pennsylvania.  Pennsylvania still has a republican majority, but sadly most people don't vote for an ag for improved reciprocity agreements.  I am hoping a republican governor win in November will improve this.  That silly "State of emergency" for opiates has to go too!
State of emergency is to prevent open carry. They want to solve the opiate problem stop going after the doctors and pushing people to street pills that are made of carfentanil. People didn't start dying en masse til prescription monitoring programs were put in place. The government reacted too late to the pill mills. The cat was out of the bag. Still going after the few doctors left and legit pain patients is only increasing demand for opiates on the street.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, capt14k said:

State of emergency is to prevent open carry. They want to solve the opiate problem stop going after the doctors and pushing people to street pills that are made of carfentanil. People didn't start dying en masse til prescription monitoring programs were put in place. The government reacted too late to the pill mills. The cat was out of the bag. Still going after the few doctors left and legit pain patients is only increasing demand for opiates on the street.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
 

I agree with what you wrote about the cause of the epidemic but the part about the state of emergency enacted to punish non LCTF gun holders I don't believe. It's a serious problem here and I don't think it has anything to do with guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, carl_g said:

I agree with what you wrote about the cause of the epidemic but the part about the state of emergency enacted to punish non LCTF gun holders I don't believe. It's a serious problem here and I don't think it has anything to do with guns.

Since I've got one foot in PA I've been watching this. I haven't seen one aspect of the 'state of emergency' that directly affects illegal drug usage or users.

Have you got one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Since I've got one foot in PA I've been watching this. I haven't seen one aspect of the 'state of emergency' that directly affects illegal drug usage or users.

Have you got one?

From what I understand the "Statewide Disaster Emergency" is put in place to remove a lot of the government red tape that it takes to get people into treatment and also to make funds available to pay for treatment and to help out people who are in trouble, Whether you agree with helping people who got into trouble with this horrible drug or not is a different debate.

But like I said.. I don;t believe it is put in place to be an anti 2A move... other's do, especially those who want to carry openly without having a LTCF or a CCW license that has reciprocity with PA.

Where are you moving to? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, carl_g said:

From what I understand the "Statewide Disaster Emergency" is put in place to remove a lot of the government red tape that it takes to get people into treatment and also to make funds available to pay for treatment and to help out people who are in trouble, Whether you agree with helping people who got into trouble with this horrible drug or not is a different debate.

But like I said.. I don;t believe it is put in place to be an anti 2A move... other's do, especially those who want to carry openly without having a LTCF or a CCW license that has reciprocity with PA.

Where are you moving to? 

I suggest you read (or re-read) PA Title 35 Chapter 73. The entire body of the statute is clearly aimed at widespread physical disasters that affect the entire populations of large geographical regions or the state as a whole. The problems of a few thousand illegal drug users, tragic as they may be, clearly don't fall into that category. They don't affect state employee's reporting to work, road closures and restrictions, debris and wreckage removal, temporary housing, federal disaster assistance etc. As you said, that's a different debate.

Wolf is virulently anti-gun, and I'm quite sure he smiled at the thought of unilaterally outlawing open carry while superficially appearing to be 'doing something about the opioid epidemic'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It impacts way more people than you think and it's wide spread through out the state with rates compounding year to year.  Anyway... Open carry is not outlawed in PA. If you are a gun owner and a resident of PA you are foolish for not having a LTCF. This affects such a small percentage of people its almost not worth talking about. If you wanted to walk everywhere (since you still have to deal with transportation laws if you don't have a LTCF) and open carry and not have a LTCF or you live in NJ then I guess your impacted.. that's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that the "State of emergency" negatively affects a very small percentage of non-Pennsylvania gun owners carrying in Pennsylvania which makes me think that there is another reason other than firearms restrictions.  However, I can not help but to think the reasons for the nonresident carry permit restrictions over the past few years leads me to believe, or at least suspect that some politicians ARE willing to place restrictions on what appears to be a very small percentage of the population for their own political agenda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0