Sign in to follow this  
brucin

Dunkelberger's shipping fee is a bit exorbitant.

Stopped in the Stroudsberg store today just for the the heck of it. The had a very nice used Ruger single Six for $290. They wanted $50 to ship to an out of state FFL. That plus the transfer fee turned a good deal into a meh deal. I ship a lot and FFL to FFL can use USPS Priority mail flat rate box for less than $20. They could also use parcel select for less than that. I thought it was kind of crappy to try and make a killing on shipping charges.

Priority mail within the northeast costs pennies.. Parcel is actually far more expensive. Anywhere in the NE and nearby areas (as far as Michigan, Indiana, South Carolina), Priority Mail is pretty inexpensive. Fedex is cheaper once you get out of the mentioned areas. 
By inexpensive, i mean under 10$ for a 5 or 6 pound package, i just shipped multiple faucets and light fixtures throughout the region all for under 10$ each via Priority mail..
Sounds like they are just being assholes. I'd understand a 20$ charge to cover their time and to be safe, but 50$ JUST in shipping charges? Hell, even with signature its under 15$.