Zeke

Blood sucking vampires!!!!

11 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Ever been to Maine?  I saw a swarm of black flies carry off a cat. 

Ok! That’s funny!

7 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

OH!

I thought this was a thread about Democrats............

We not allowed to say anything political here. I’ve been told... thrice

53 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Ever been to Maine?  I saw a swarm of black flies carry off a cat. 

I made the horrible mistake to go climbing at Poke-O-Moonshine in the Adirondack the first week of June. Never been so miserable while trying to do something I love in my life. Those little fuckers were sent here from the butthole of Satan himself. Nasty little fuckers.

Climbed all the classics on the tick list, but we paid for it. Must have lost a quart of blood to those little bastard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JT Custom Guns said:

OH!

I thought this was a thread about Democrats............

ha! beat me to it, lololol

read up on the asian tiger mosquitos. aggressive little bastards and they're out all the time, not just evenings like those we've had here forever.....

1 hour ago, Shane45 said:

Product review please! Because of my pets I am severely limited from chemical solutions so non chemical is much better for me.

Thermacell uses a butane cartridge to heat up a small pad that’s soaked in mosquito repellent. No open flames so it’s safe to use around fabric and children. As the mat warms, the repellent is released into the air.  It creates about a 15' diameter around you for a "zone of protection".  I've used them for years and they work well for me.  The unit can heat up a bit so you gotta be careful touching it, but they have belt clips that will hold it away from your body.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zeke said:

They make a table lamp version also. Works well. I have 2 of the belt clip thermocells. They get hot... I have burned myself 

But it works, right?!

I see they have a new area one that runs off a rechargeable battery and has a 12 hour or 40 hour cartridge.  I may get that one for when the deck is built...

Black Flies? OK, just 3 words: Cheap Italian Cigars

And how do you get rid of the little buggers? Walk up to someone who's being particularly annoying, strike up a conversation, light one of those cigars, then slowly retreat. Your flies will stay on the other guy. Did this on a trip to Katahdan and it worked every time. Although I haven't been invited back...