EWC88

Height of lawn

32 minutes ago, bry@n said:

Anybody tried battery powere blowers, weed wacker and hedge trimmers?

I've seen some good results from a battery powered blower.  Been pondering getting a Dewalt so I can share the battery packs with my drill.  Haven't seen any hedge trimmers.

Man - the storm that hit last night was a lot harder than I expected.  Some of the seed is still there but I may have to put more down.

40 minutes ago, bry@n said:

Nothing recent, and I'm curious as well.  I had a battery powered weed wacker for about a week over 15 years ago...woefully underpowered and short battery life.  But, that's when NiCad batteries were state-of-the-art.   The lithium battery technology available now is a lot more impressive.

1 hour ago, bry@n said:

I have both, a gas powered trimmer and a battery powered one. I use the gas for the tough wacking jobs and edging and the battery for normal trimming. With the new Li-On battery packs, it has plenty of power for normal trimming and is great if you don't want to deal with doing the pre-mix on the 2 cycle.

I also have a battery operated tiller that shares the batteries with the trimmer. We use that for digging the holes and loosening the dirt when planting all the veggies and flowers.

I still use gas for the blower.

58 minutes ago, 10X said:

The lithium battery technology available now is a lot more impressive.

That technology has come a long way since Ni-Cad. I'm actually amazed on the power and battery life on all my drills, saws and other cordless tools.

I bought the Milwaukee hedge trimmer and blower. The blower I bought for detailing cars and don’t care for it at all. 

The hedge trimmer worked great. 

I also use a Redmax 7500 Blower for normal lawn duty, scarf tiger cat and stihl weedwacker. So I tend to use commercial equipment so it lasts. This blower is not what I thought I was getting. 

Shoukdve returned but but I took too long to decide.